Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 2022 Base bronco with the plastic bumper. i recently purchased a modular bumper off Facebook marketplace pictured below:

Ford Bronco Plastic to MOD bumper install IMG_0165

It does not come with tow hooks and I am aware i will have to cut off the original tow hooks if i dont change them out, so I went ahead and ordered brackets without tow hooks. Is there anything else I am missing for install? I tried mocking it up but there is no way it can get bolted on in its current state.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So there are three major pieces to get it mounted.
  • (2) Tow hook support bracket
  • (2) Bumper mounting plate
  • (2) "U" support bracket that goes over the frame and gives the bolts something to bolt into.
I believe the base bumper has the U support bracket, but everything else you'll have to source... and of course you need the bolts and the handful of trim pieces you are missing.

OP
OP

joss

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So there are three major pieces to get it mounted.
  • (2) Tow hook support bracket
  • (2) Bumper mounting plate
  • (2) "U" support bracket that goes over the frame and gives the bolts something to bolt into.
I believe the base bumper has the U support bracket, but everything else you'll have to source... and of course you need the bolts and the handful of trim pieces you are missing.
Do you have any part numbers or aftermarket solutions? I tired looking at this expanded view of all the modular bumper parts, but it's too overwhelming
Ford Bronco Plastic to MOD bumper install IMG_0166

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have any part numbers or aftermarket solutions? I tired looking at this expanded view of all the modular bumper parts, but it's too overwhelming
Ford Bronco Plastic to MOD bumper install IMG_0166
  • (2) Tow hook support bracket - Not pictured
    • MB3Z-17A954-A
  • (2) Bumper mounting plate - 17B984 in your image
    • Left - M2DZ-17B985-A
    • Right - M2DZ-17B984-A
  • (2) "U" support bracket - 17C886B in your image
    • Check to see if you have it on your base bumper, I think you do.
    • Left - M2DZ-17C887-C
    • Right - M2DZ-17C886-C
And then of course you'll need all of the bolts/cips for it all. Realize you are going to have to spend several hundred dollars on the miscellaneous trim pieces, brackets, bolts, etc. to make this bumper complete. If the image you posted is everything that came with the bumper you are pretty much missing everything except for the three main pieces.

What I need to know is which parts are actually on the bumper you bought. I can't tell which parts you already have without seeing the underside of the bumper. For example... you probably need the reinforcement bracket (17E814B in your image), but since I don't know if that came with your bumper or not, I'm not sure if you actually need it.

Sponsored

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here is a picture of the end result
Ford Bronco Plastic to MOD bumper install IMG_1697

as others are showing, your missing some pieces.

OP
OP

joss

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

• (2) Tow hook support bracket - Not pictured
    • MB3Z-17A954-A
  • (2) Bumper mounting plate - 17B984 in your image
    • Left - M2DZ-17B985-A
    • Right - M2DZ-17B984-A
  • (2) "U" support bracket - 17C886B in your image
    • Check to see if you have it on your base bumper, I think you do.
    • Left - M2DZ-17C887-C
    • Right - M2DZ-17C886-C
And then of course you'll need all of the bolts/cips for it all. Realize you are going to have to spend several hundred dollars on the miscellaneous trim pieces, brackets, bolts, etc. to make this bumper complete. If the image you posted is everything that came with the bumper you are pretty much missing everything except for the three main pieces.

What I need to know is which parts are actually on the bumper you bought. I can't tell which parts you already have without seeing the underside of the bumper. For example... you probably need the reinforcement bracket (17E814B in your image), but since I don't know if that came with your bumper or not, I'm not sure if you actually need it.
This was actually extremely helpful. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to help me.

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend, 1942 Ford GPW (jeep)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm moving from the plastic bumper to the modular. What is the size of the screw that holds the tow hook mounts on the front bumper? I've got two red Ford mounts coming but I can't find the screw size that holds them to the bumper. Thanks.
Sponsored