Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No way adding that lift or bigger tires caused the weld to snap out. Honestly, the last person at Ford I'm going to take an opinion/guidance from is the Service Manager/Tech. They have zero engineering experience and as someone that's been to school for Mech Engineering, I just had to laugh a bit. The very reason the Magnus/Moss act exist is to protect the end user. The burden of proof is on Ford to prove otherwise. If this dealer will not make it right, you have to keep looking until you find one that's willing to put in the work. I've had a few lifted vehicles over the years some that blew out axles, transmissions, and every time they were fixed under warranty. Maybe it's the difference in companies backing them, but Toyota, Nissan, and Dodge all backed their product without question when needed. The last time I had a transmission replaced it came with a 100k mile warranty. On my FJ cruiser that thing had to be torn down to the fire wall spent a month in the shop for repairs all warranty work. At the end Toyota also came through and gave me 3 grand in performance parts for the hassle.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didnt you just say magnussen moss? I mean
No way adding that lift or bigger tires caused the weld to snap out. Honestly, the last person at Ford I'm going to take an opinion/guidance from is the Service Manager/Tech. They have zero engineering experience and as someone that's been to school for Mech Engineering, I just had to laugh a bit. The very reason the Magnus/Moss act exist is to protect the end user. The burden of proof is on Ford to prove otherwise. If this dealer will not make it right, you have to keep looking until you find one that's willing to put in the work. I've had a few lifted vehicles over the years some that blew out axles, transmissions, and every time they were fixed under warranty. Maybe it's the difference in companies backing them, but Toyota, Nissan, and Dodge all backed their product without question when needed. The last time I had a transmission replaced it came with a 100k mile warranty. On my FJ cruiser that thing had to be torn down to the fire wall spent a month in the shop for repairs all warranty work. At the end Toyota also came through and gave me 3 grand in performance parts for the hassle.
😂😂😂😂you said Magnussen-Moss!!

Sponsored

badbronc4x4

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
She's back on the road.

Ford Bronco Plug welds missing on axle tube 7D645363-EDE5-4DF7-9D95-9E946B3DCDED
I saw your welds came out, I experienced the same exact issue and on my drivers side. So not sure if we got the same guy welding our rear axle or what. But I would like to know what Top framing support set you back because I would be interested in doing the exact same thing.

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How many of these failures have been documented? Any on a completely stock truck?

OP
OP
Baja_bronco

Baja_bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco wildtrak, 1996 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I saw your welds came out, I experienced the same exact issue and on my drivers side. So not sure if we got the same guy welding our rear axle or what. But I would like to know what Top framing support set you back because I would be interested in doing the exact same thing.
It cost me 1k to have it trussed with me doing the removal, paint and reinstall.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds like to me someone like @Tricky Dick needs to come up with some bolt on support to keep the axles from spinning :)

I mean there has to be something that can bolt onto the brake support that would distribute the rotational shear to say a track bar bolt.

Cough cough I want a discount for my idea :)

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like to me someone like @Tricky Dick needs to come up with some bolt on support to keep the axles from spinning :)

I mean there has to be something that can bolt onto the brake support that would distribute the rotational shear to say a track bar bolt.

Cough cough I want a discount for my idea :)
IFFF I were to, I gotchu on the discount. But...not really a fan of bolt on for something like this.

badbronc4x4

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IFFF I were to, I gotchu on the discount. But...not really a fan of bolt on for something like this.
If you're building truss that is designed for these rear axles I would get on it soon. Sounds like more and more people are experience the rear plugs coming out on these axles.
Sponsored