Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was thinking about doing the pod lights on the Safari bar. Have a similar set up on my Rubicon and they work great.
Ford Bronco Pods Lights or Light Bar? ries-concept-outer-banks-fishing-concept-7-jpg-

Ford Bronco Pods Lights or Light Bar? 20200930_163534
Sponsored

Last edited:

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DOES ANYONE KNOW; why will B&P NOT allow you to order BOTH the mirror pod lights and the light bar?????? (Black Diamond, I do not believe it is a weight constraint issue).

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DOES ANYONE KNOW; why will B&P NOT allow you to order BOTH the mirror pod lights and the light bar?????? (Black Diamond, I do not believe it is a weight constraint issue).
Ford Bronco Pods Lights or Light Bar? 1611246456246

OP
OP

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Driving offroad at night has it's own challenges, especially in an area you are not familiar with. One of the biggest issues I have at night are the shadows that mask deep holes or fissures. The higher the light, the more obvious the holes. The lower the light, the worse the shadows.

I do not like roof mounted light bars, mostly because I think they make me look like a douche, but there is a reason so many people have lights mounted as high as possible. A good lightbar will have both spot and flood lights. I'd rather have a couple of old school KC type lights mounted on the roof. Pod lights are good to have on the corners because you always need more light in the dark.

If you spend a lot of time offroad in the dark, you will figure out what you need. I've never had too much light.
An excellent point on the shadows and something that didn't come to mind but now that you reminded it's definitely one of the most relevant items to consider.

Toaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLUR, ā€˜19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get the pod lights. Itā€™ll offer more room for adjustment. Light bars are best for more high speed lighting and pods are best for slow moving, due to the fact you can point them in any direction you need. Plus a roof mounted lightbar makes a ton of road noise. If you want the best of both worlds just put a small light bar on the bumper and do the pod lights on the mirrors.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get the pod lights. Itā€™ll offer more room for adjustment. Light bars are best for more high speed lighting and pods are best for slow moving, due to the fact you can point them in any direction you need. Plus a roof mounted lightbar makes a ton of road noise. If you want the best of both worlds just put a small light bar on the bumper and do the pod lights on the mirrors.
Thatā€™s exactly what I think Iā€™ll do. I was looking at some of the lights on Baja Designs website and their driving combo setup on the bumper with the Ford mirror mounted pods might just be perfect for my use.

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Light bar for sure! Visibility during early morning and late night driving is great. Saved me from hitting a deer and you see obstacles much more clearly and have more time to react.

I have the 40ā€ Baja Design bar that I will move over to the Bronco, because that was an expensive purchase. I believe the added cost is worth it over off brand and Amazon specials, from past experience . I plan to customize the light bar above the bumper, but below the the grill lettering, if there isnā€™t a mounting bar that doesnā€™t block the lettering.

D4F50426-1695-4E41-9556-1C7873100E94.jpeg

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This company seems to make quality items. I've purchased some single round LEDs to use as STT on my Vic and they are really bright. Also bought some strobe LED heads which work but I put them as backup flashers in my brake lights so poor placement by me for visibility (the quality is good and they are bright, they just get a little lost in the brake light housing).

The features on this remote lightbar are pretty neat (I did emergency lighting): Speed Tech Lights

EDIT: HEHE! Funny commercial for them

Last edited:

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm planning on getting the infrared NV pod lights from rigid, aftermarket, and figuring out how to interface it with the 12" screen. I never got an answer from any of the Q&A's about the front facing cameras ability or if it can pick up on the infrared lights. Will probably have to buy a new camera and have both connected to the front position hero switch. For same reason, love hunting and getting to my spot hours before sun up

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The lightbar will offer a wider spread of light. The pods are usually used as ditch lights for maneuvering over obstacles in the dark.

A common con of a roof mounted light bar is glare off the hood. You may need to apply a flat colored hood decal to alleviate that.
Is the WildTrak hood graphic meant for that purpose?

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is the WildTrak hood graphic meant for that purpose?
I doubt that was the intention, but yes, it will help with the glare.

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m so annoyed this option isnā€™t in the build and price! Itā€™s my favorite accessory that weā€™ve seen.
Ditto.

I would do these in a heart beat. Form and function in 1
Sponsored