Sponsored

[POLL] Bad Batch Soft Tops or QC Purgatory???

If you have a VIN, what is the status of your Soft Top Order?

• Total voters

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully, with the build date just being updated now, we’ll at least get the electrical installed for hard top….

I haven’t learned a thing
Actually, I think we have. Never ever do this with Ford again. While much of that past year roll out is NOT their fault, even the We Bastos failure may not be (we'll never know)....the lack of communication IS and is unacceptable in this day. It's not mere incompetence, it's refusal. They won't talk to their dealers or us. Heads should roll, and when they don't, it tells you all you need to know. Sad.
Sponsored

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have updated to more than 4 weeks - OBX 4dr soft top 2.7 Lux with Tow - modules active modem active as i said more than 4 weeks. Today i spoke to customer service - have no idea whether this is accurate but thought i would share - she said from what she can tell it is NOT quality control and that she is guessing it is one or more of the commodity items (possibly tow pkg?) I went back and forth with her politely - she seemed to indicate that if it were QC this would show on her readout. I have thus far been patient as i know there are numerous people who ordered well before me that don't even have a VIN - and i don't want to whine - but i am losing patience with the lack of communication (yes i know broken record) - just looking for someone to talk me off the ledge as i now find myself considering just keeping my gladiator - which i still love
First off, somebody's lyin'. I spoke with Ford Marketing (customer svc) a half dozen or more times in the past month and they always told me they did not have insight into a QC holdup. They stuck to their message that it can and does take up to six weeks to build.

Obviously, someone has insight. Read the messages about @LAbronco 's wife, facebook and some insider at MAP.

This bit about the commodity issue is curious. I have read and been told that they will not build your vehicle until all parts are sorted and designated for your rig to be completed. So in theory, once you get a build date, the hitch is there. But...maybe the hitch is a sort-of post-production install. I can 't remember the term they use, but I recall that there are some items installed after blend. If that's the case, then the hitch could be an issue. But seriously. Half the people on this forum could manufacture the hitch receiver in bulk, so it is still hard for me to believe that they are a hangup. Shit, two aftermarket cos are already producing and selling the folded piece of steel.

My guess is that you have a couple issues that are a pain to rectify. Or maybe it is a weird challenge that they don't even have a solution for.

Or maybe it's the stupid tow pkg. Here's to hoping your get your built email any day. Good luck.

rub5018

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First off, somebody's lyin'. I spoke with Ford Marketing (customer svc) a half dozen or more times in the past month and they always told me they did not have insight into a QC holdup. They stuck to their message that it can and does take up to six weeks to build.

Obviously, someone has insight. Read the messages about @LAbronco 's wife, facebook and some insider at MAP.

This bit about the commodity issue is curious. I have read and been told that they will not build your vehicle until all parts are sorted and designated for your rig to be completed. So in theory, once you get a build date, the hitch is there. But...maybe the hitch is a sort-of post-production install. I can 't remember the term they use, but I recall that there are some items installed after blend. If that's the case, then the hitch could be an issue. But seriously. Half the people on this forum could manufacture the hitch receiver in bulk, so it is still hard for me to believe that they are a hangup. Shit, two aftermarket cos are already producing and selling the folded piece of steel.

My guess is that you have a couple issues that are a pain to rectify. Or maybe it is a weird challenge that they don't even have a solution for.

Or maybe it's the stupid tow pkg. Here's to hoping your get your built email any day. Good luck.
I am sure you are correct that there is inconsistent information coming out of Ford Marketing and i suspect whatever they call it - QC or otherwise - they are in fact correcting known issues at MAP rather than addressing them via warranty at dealers that may not be adept at same as of yet. (this may include rectifying soft top rubbing issues; paint protection via felt on roll bar; seal to prevent whistle on certain grilles [fix available in October]; the leak issue in the a pillar which seems to be caused by insufficient drain tubes - and the list goes on). I would have zero issue if Ford sent an email saying here are a list of the problems - we are fixing them to delivery you a top quality product and it will take between 4weeks and 16 weeks and then you won't have to worry about bringing it to the dealer. But guess work, and inconsistent communication and relying upon third hand 'leaks' is somewhat maddening.

But - a) First World problems and b) At least i have a Vin 'in production'

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sure you are correct that there is inconsistent information coming out of Ford Marketing and i suspect whatever they call it - QC or otherwise - they are in fact correcting known issues at MAP rather than addressing them via warranty at dealers that may not be adept at same as of yet. (this may include rectifying soft top rubbing issues; paint protection via felt on roll bar; seal to prevent whistle on certain grilles [fix available in October]; the leak issue in the a pillar which seems to be caused by insufficient drain tubes - and the list goes on). I would have zero issue if Ford sent an email saying here are a list of the problems - we are fixing them to delivery you a top quality product and it will take between 4weeks and 16 weeks and then you won't have to worry about bringing it to the dealer. But guess work, and inconsistent communication and relying upon third hand 'leaks' is somewhat maddening.

But - a) First World problems and b) At least i have a Vin 'in production'
Without a doubt, it sucks! I'm sure it's not as bad as having no vin, but there's a certain special pain in that model. Your car has been made for over a month, we are not shipping it, we won't tell you why. It's just mean.

But you are gonna get it. And based on my experience and others in this thread, it should be pretty soon. There are going to be very few of these on the road this year, and you are going to have one!

cybercain

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah… thanks. Good to know it’s not just my build.

Wonder if Chevy is having this same issue.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RednWhite89

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MrCheddar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Triumph Thruxton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My soft top is "in production" for over a month now, so frustrating.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That was an issue way back on 2016 F150, (google search) and the Bronco problem I thought was identified back in July so anything with an August build should have been okay

Sponsored

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, mine just shipped. Changed the vote to built and shipped. It took a month and a half after being built.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

updated my vote to delivered. Picking up today. Are the 34 "in production" still accurate?

8/9 build, 9/13 shipped, 9/21 delivered. Pretty fast shipping to Massachusetts.

IMG951097.jpg

HemyPowered

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, Land Rover LR4, BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still waiting 8/23 built date according to trackers