Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting that you should ask. After a lot of research, I just settled on this one and ordered it yesterday:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08H1TYFFP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was really leaning towards the Jackery 300 or 500 but found this Ecoflow River Max. It currently has a $50 off coupon on Amazon. That puts it at the same price as the Jackery Explorer 300 which has the same capacity. I settled on the Ecoflow for the following reasons:
  • The Ecoflow has a 600 watt inverter instead of the 300 watt of the Jackery.
  • It can charge faster than the Jackery.
  • You can double the battery capacity by adding their battery module.
  • The 12 volt (cigarette lighter output) is regulated so it will run your fridge until the battery completely drains.
  • It has a 100 watt USB-C port vs the Jackery 300's 60 watt port (or no USB-C on the Jackery 500).
My wife plans on cooking with all her little Dash appliances (waffle iron, griddle, etc). This "generator" should work very well for that and our fridge. Should be here on Wednesday and can't wait to play with it! I mean, what else can I do while I wait for my Bronco...? :confused:

Been awhile....how did you end up liking it?

I rewatched the Ozark overland adventures video where he talked about the eco. I'm considering it but back at looking at some options.
Sponsored

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I spent some time today rewatching some reviews and had convinced myself that I think the Bluetti was the way to go.

So I went on a hunt for the best deal and that's when a bunch of red flags came up. I found prices for the AC50S that range from the low 300s to above 400. Also found several that seem to look exactly like it, But fall under different names.

Now I'm wondering if it's just not one of those knock-offs that are built generically and people stamp different names on them.

Was also looking at the Togo Power. Bluetti seems to be a decent name tossed around..but stuff is just looking odd to me. They even have 3 different manufacturer sites.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now I'm wondering if it's just not one of those knock-offs that are built generically and people stamp different names on them.
Yeah, they're all made in China, but if you want to buy from an American company with American customer service, you're basically limited to Goal Zero and Jackery.

Kugelspritz

Black Diamond
First Name
PD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150, 1967 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
ECOFLOW!! Get the river pro....Costco puts them on sale for like $450. 768Watt hours, 600 running watts with a 10-15 min boost to run over 1000 watt appliances for short durations. Has bypass charging also so you can use and charge with solar/dc/ac while using it. Its the best brand out there ..IMHO

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ECOFLOW!! Get the river pro....Costco puts them on sale for like $450. 768Watt hours, 600 running watts with a 10-15 min boost to run over 1000 watt appliances for short durations. Has bypass charging also so you can use and charge with solar/dc/ac while using it. Its the best brand out there ..IMHO
Odd because their web site has them as PreOrder which I took as a meeting this is new and they haven't even really been built yet. I didn't want to be a guinea pig.

https://ecoflow.com/products/ecoflow-river-pro-portable-power-station

I was actually watching some video last night where people were taking like these boat battery boxes that have all these plugins and gauges and such, tossing a deep cycle battery in them and running their fridges.

According to Optima, sounds like this setup could powere for several days? And its only like $70 for the battery box which is reusable, and you can get a yellow top for $200.

https://www.optimabatteries.com/exp...-will-my-optima-battery-power-my-refrigerator

Kugelspritz

Black Diamond
First Name
PD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150, 1967 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As you can see from their website, there are 33 reviews. I just purchased mine from Costco a few months ago after much research. They may be temporarily out of stock and that is why they are calling it a pre-order. The Costco price was around $450 + tax.
Sponsored