Scoops
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan/Former Jeep Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got an email from Landmark. No scheduling for me. Looking more like I will get a 2023.
I have my order with Landmark and I'm surprised they were able to tell you whether you were previewed/scheduled or not. I don't bother them too often, but when I check-in, they usually just say they don't know anything and they have no way of checking.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have my order with Landmark and I'm surprised they were able to tell you whether you were previewed/scheduled or not. I don't bother them too often, but when I check-in, they usually just say they don't know anything and they have no way of checking.
My sales guy reaches out each time there is a scheduling date. Monday they announced scheduling out to 8/15. I didn't make the cut.

JasonB

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone get their retail price protection from Gresham Ford? They were able to find the $800 program refund, but they seemed clueless on the retail price protection ($1500). Reading some of the other posts, other dealers are sometimes bringing the purchase price down in anticipation of a check from Ford, an others are simply forwarding the money later.

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Picked it up from Damerow yesterday. They honored the invoice-$1000 deal and full price protection. Got me on VIN etching, but overall was a good experience. I would go with them again with no reservations. They took care of me and the process was as smooth as it could be.
1D9CE9CC-222B-4B50-9D70-EB363713B615.jpeg
I also had a great experience with Damerow. They also honored my original pricing before things got bat-shit crazy......and thats for a FE Bronco!! I'd buy another Ford product from them as well. (y)

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Damerow got in touch with me last week about a stick Big Bend. They want 20K over sticker for it. I'm still laughing about it.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damerow got in touch with me last week about a stick Big Bend. They want 20K over sticker for it. I'm still laughing about it.
Try some of the other dealers. $20k is a bargain.

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Try some of the other dealers. $20k is a bargain.
Yep, it's so dumb. Back in January I ordered from a buddy who manages a dealer in AZ just to avoid this markup nonsense.

Figure it'll be a nice excuse for a road trip home through Utah.

I honestly don't know who's spending this much on these things. I have a base on order because I just want something nice to drive on fire roads and such, but the people dropping 60K plus on them? Why not just get a Defender?

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep, it's so dumb. Back in January I ordered from a buddy who manages a dealer in AZ just to avoid this markup nonsense.

Figure it'll be a nice excuse for a road trip home through Utah.

I honestly don't know who's spending this much on these things. I have a base on order because I just want something nice to drive on fire roads and such, but the people dropping 60K plus on them? Why not just get a Defender?
Because a Defender is $80k+, top and doors don't come off, and will depreciate far worse.

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because a Defender is $80k+, top and doors don't come off, and will depreciate far worse.
I mean, the Defender starts at 54K and you can get a decently equipped Inline 6 Defender for 65-70k. That's 100% comparable to what a lot of people are paying for badlands or wildtrak models after these markups. There are also a ton of people, like me, who couldn't care less about the roof or doors coming off.

I guess the people doing it just REALLY want a Bronco. Doesn't mean I have to understand dropping 60k plus on one.

Sponsored

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I mean, the Defender starts at 54K and you can get a decently equipped Inline 6 Defender for 65-70k. That's 100% comparable to what a lot of people are paying for badlands or wildtrak models after these markups. There are also a ton of people, like me, who couldn't care less about the roof or doors coming off.

I guess the people doing it just REALLY want a Bronco. Doesn't mean I have to understand dropping 60k plus on one.
This was me. Waited- ended up with a Defender. Figured there will be a Bronco 2+ years from now when I start looking again.

SkiRig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have liked the look of old defenders since I was a kid. When I heard the new defender was coming out, I was so excited. But when it arrived I wasn't thrilled with the look. It is nice, but for me personally the new Bronco looked more like the old defender. So i'm one of those people who will pay $60K plus for a Hoss 3.0 Wildtrak. It is what I like best in the car market in terms of cars that I can take off road. Also, I strongly suspect the ownership cost of a Defender is going to be much higher than for the Bronco and the depreciation will be much worse. So I'm comfortable with the cost of the Bronco. I know the defender is really nice inside, but so is my Audi and that hasn't made me fall in love with it like I did with my very utilitarian Nissan Xterra that I had back in the day.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Wildtrak order is in that $60k range. Why? Because we like a mix of off road capability and comfort. Could we have spent less? Sure, but we would have compromised on what we wanted. Look at the projected resale of a Bronco vs a Defender. Your defender will take a far larger hit. The best bang for the buck is a Base SAS with a V6.

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah guess I overstated things. It's more about the markups than anything else. Especially when they're nearly doubling the cost of these things when applied to lower-end models.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It really depends on how you plan to use the vehicle. For me, if I was banned from buying a MSRP Bronco for some reason (like if my dealer played games with my reservation), my backup would be Defender, since I can afford it and it fits my needs and wants better than the Wrangler. Other people need the convertible or the rock crawling aspect and would therefore prefer the Jeep. But I am supposedly locked in at MSRP, and a pimped Badlands fits what I'm looking for more than the low end Defender that would still cost me more.
Sponsored