Sponsored

Possibly buying a 22 Wildtrak, what to look for...

Jeepin79

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak & 2003 Wrangler TJ Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am looking a couple used 22 Wildtrak's to potentially trade my 23 Rubicon Unlimited in for. The couple I am looking at are very similar, one has about 15k on it and the other has 22k. I have done a ton of reading on here and have a few things to check but wanted to ask here if there are any specific items I should check when I look at/test drive them?
Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Check if it has HOSS 3.0, which started being offered ‘22.5. That has the upgraded BRaptor steering rack, rods and Fox suspension. The Fox’s are great, but are quickly outgrown with heavy add-ons. The rack is invaluable though…

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Chips along the bottom door sill area. SAS package stock tires fling rocks right into that area.

chips/cracks in the windshield.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Neither have the HOSS 3.0 per the original window stickers.
In that case, unless you need the High or Lux package, I'd look at a different trim. The WT wasn't much bang for the buck, it had about $500 of upgrades over a Base Sas Bronco and the $1600(?) Mid package, and cost about $9k(?) more. Or look for one that does have 3.0.

Last edited:

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also if you want a Hardtop, buy one with a hardtop. Used hardtops and aftermarkets are North of $5k.

OP
OP

Jeepin79

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In that case, unless you need the High or Lux package, I'd look at a different trim. The WT wasn't much bang for the buck, it had about $500 of upgrades over a Base Sas Bronco and the $1600(?) Mid package, and cost about $9k(?) more. Or look for one that does have 3.0.
Both have the Lux package which I do want and they both have hardtops. I live outside of Chicago, not interested in soft top year round. I switch my current Jeep hardtop for soft in the warmer months. Would probably do the same with the Bronco.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you like the factory Mod bumper, I'd look for one with it on. It was an $800 option, and buying a used one (if you can find one), will set you back that same $800. Some going with aftermarket bumpers are having trouble with the sensors, I believe. If you need a 7 pin tow harness, look for one that has the tow package. It's easy to add a 4 pin, the 7 pin is much more involved.

OP
OP

Jeepin79

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you like the factory Mod bumper, I'd look for one with it on. It was an $800 option, and buying a used one (if you can find one), will set you back that same $800. Some going with aftermarket bumpers are having trouble with the sensors, I believe. If you need a 7 pin tow harness, look for one that has the tow package. It's easy to add a 4 pin, the 7 pin is much more involved.
I think they both have the bumper but only one has the tow package. The one with the tow package it the one I am leaning towards, it has the lesser miles. The only problem is that the previous owner put a knock off Raptor grill on it which I am not a big fan of. Looks like finding a OEM Wildtrak grill is going to be challenging from what I have seen.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think they both have the bumper but only one has the tow package. The one with the tow package it the one I am leaning towards, it has the lesser miles. The only problem is that the previous owner put a knock off Raptor grill on it which I am not a big fan of. Looks like finding a OEM Wildtrak grill is going to be challenging from what I have seen.
A stock grill isn't tough to find. New it's $400.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...meT0yMDIyJnQ9d2lsZHRyYWsmZT0yLTdsLXY2LWdhcw==

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 22 Wildtrak. Like others have said, HOSS 3.0 was introduced about mid-model year. Other than that, Mod bumper, lux, hard top, leather and tow are the primary options to look for.

OP
OP

Jeepin79

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FB Marketplace has some decent stuff sometimes. As others have said, look for the SAS Leather, Lux, and just make sure everything is up to snuff. If it has bigger tires, check the tailgate if an HD tire carrier was not used. Heck, check it anyway for misalignments.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Both have the Lux package which I do want and they both have hardtops. I live outside of Chicago, not interested in soft top year round. I switch my current Jeep hardtop for soft in the warmer months. Would probably do the same with the Bronco.
Get what you want. The HOSS 3.0 is a nice upgrade and could fetch a little more resale if you go to sell it. But unless you plan to do some serious off roading or add on mods, the HOSS 2.5 is still a nice ride. I have a loaded 22’ Wildtrak and was built a week before the HOSS 3.0 became an option for the 2022’s. Both set ups ride nice, the 3.0 a little nicer.
I live outside Chicago as well and its worked well for my daily driver for the past 16 months with no regrets…plenty of compliments though
Sponsored