Sponsored

For 22...what makes a wildtrak a wildtrak? A grille and a sticker?

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yup, high package. I was a BD for 2021 and changed to Badlands after experiencing the screen and cameras on a high equipped WT test drive. I gotta have mgv because I love the look so Badlands was the only option. We went Sasquatch too even though this is gonna be full mall crawler, lol.

I REALLY wanted the BD to have high package for 2022 as I like it's grill and interior the most.
We were 100% loaded Badlands until I drove the mannequin Black Diamond at our dealership and realized that the MGV just made more sense with dogs and kids.
Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
ugly camo seats and interior colors that clash badly.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I love the camo seats of the WT. The camo is very subtle mixed in black onyx. I currently have a 4dr BB that I bought as an abandoned order while waiting for my 2dr WT, and the BB has the same sandstone and onyx colors that perfectly match the dash ā€¦ā€¦.just without the camo and Area 51 trim.
I personally donā€™t like the orange stitching and the gray grill on the BL and after seeing it in person, I didnā€™t like the look or feel of the MGV, and the washout floors will take a lot of care to keep them looking clean and black.
The good thing is we have lots of choices and, with some compromise (would like rock crawl mode as an option) you can find a trim that suits you.
I loved the image of the BL (like the Rubicon) but I like the uniqueness of the WT, so I changed my order. Even Jeep doesnā€™t have a version of the WT (Sahara is more in line with the OBX, Rubicon is effectively the same as the BL)ā€¦.constantly hearing the WT is a useless trim is inaccurate and more than a little irritating (I know you didnā€™t say that Compta), but itā€™s said a lot.
I always try to avoid making statements of fact and attributing those statements as other than opinions or preferences. I could say the BL is the most capable trim as a rock crawler and that would be a fact! But stating the WT interior is ugly, is stating an opinion as itā€™s open to interpretation. I love all the Broncos, and wish I could have one of eachā€¦ā€¦but, Iā€™m stuck with just the 2ā€¦..for nowšŸ™‚

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I love the camo seats of the WT. The camo is very subtle mixed in black onyx. I currently have a 4dr BB that I bought as an abandoned order while waiting for my 2dr WT, and the BB has the same sandstone and onyx colors that perfectly match the dash ā€¦ā€¦.just without the camo and Area 51 trim.
I personally donā€™t like the orange stitching and the gray grill on the BL and after seeing it in person, I didnā€™t like the look or feel of the MGV, and the washout floors will take a lot of care to keep them looking clean and black.
The good thing is we have lots of choices and, with some compromise (would like rock crawl mode as an option) you can find a trim that suits you.
I loved the image of the BL (like the Rubicon) but I like the uniqueness of the WT, so I changed my order. Even Jeep doesnā€™t have a version of the WT (Sahara is more in line with the OBX, Rubicon is effectively the same as the BL)ā€¦.constantly hearing the WT is a useless trim is inaccurate and more than a little irritating (I know you didnā€™t say that Compta), but itā€™s said a lot.
I always try to avoid making statements of fact and attributing those statements as other than opinions or preferences. I could say the BL is the most capable trim as a rock crawler and that would be a fact! But stating the WT interior is ugly, is stating an opinion as itā€™s open to interpretation. I love all the Broncos, and wish I could have one of eachā€¦ā€¦but, Iā€™m stuck with just the 2ā€¦..for nowšŸ™‚
agree on Badlands grill and I don't like the orange interior trim either but it was the only way to get.mgv and high package. I have been inside every single trim from base to an FE and the mgv is the most comfortable and has a pretty premium look as well.

Ideally I wish I could have just gotten a BD with high package as I like it's grill, standard lights and interior colors the most with my exterior color(A51).

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The WildTrak lost a lot when it lost the black modular hardtop IMO. It was the slickest looking Bronco you could buy from the factory and it has Sasquatch and 2.7L standard to backup the looks! I was initially drawn to it.

Even today though, when you see a Wildtrak, you know it has the goods. Outer Banks rocking aftermarket wheels on 35s with a lift kit? Who knows?! Might not matter to you, but it will some.

Last edited:
First Name
Dimitris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is trueā€¦ā€¦especially on this forum with Bronco enthusiast. The true test, however, will
Be how many of those tens of thousands of BL owners will have the nerve to go bashing their $60k vehicle over rocks and boulders? I knew I couldnā€™t, so I switched to the WT. I will definitely use Sport and Baja mode and cut her loose on a washboard road.
Sport mode is the best! Must have! I have a 2dr Wildtrak.

Sponsored
First Name
Dimitris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I actually went with the WT due to the lower price and the camo cloth interior. The camo cloth interior was my favorite out of all the trims. I didn't want leather or MGV due to the Texas heat.

Ken Davis

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is the way I see it. Itā€™s the top trim in the Bronco lineup. Like the limited run FE Itā€™s the only trim that you canā€™t get a lesser version of. Itā€™s the trim the FE took itā€™s looks from with gloss black grill, gloss all black wheels (notice all the BL folks blacking out their beauty rings and emblem to look like the WT?) If you want a Wildtrak you can only get it full V6 powered. Itā€™s the only trim that comes with Sasquatch exclusively. You cannot get it with smaller tires and body colored fender flares. Itā€™s the only trim that comes with a patterned cloth seatā€¦ā€¦I think the digicam seats are fire. It looks finished and high end inside (with carpet floors) and bad ass blacked out appearance. And it is the only trim that comes with unique graphics in the form of the WT good cowl and body graphics so that everyone knows itā€™s a Wildtrakā€¦..which I love as the graphics help break up all the paint and thickness from the side view of lighter colored paint. Itā€™s a thing of beauty and with upgrades and aftermarket mods you can make other trims look like it, but it comes that way. Itā€™s not meant to bash over rocks (although it could) itā€™s meant to fly down a dirt road and be the meanest Bronco around town as well. And just look at itā€¦..
96D5A059-F3CA-4E78-AF56-D6272A5EDD1F.jpeg

Edit: when decked out with its graphics Itā€™s the only trim thatā€™s immediately recognizable when Sasquatched without having to examine the grill or a sticker, which is the definition of unique.
Agreed, my exact same build and color!

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To me, unless you really plan to be in the less than 1% who really plan for extreme off-road, to the point of not caring about constant body and mechanical damage to your $40 to $50k vehicle, BUT still want an off-road capable vehicle, OBX and Wildtrak make far more sense. An optioned up OBX or Wildtrak in off-road mechanically a sway bar disconnect away. Wanting MGV makes sense too, but in the best Baja running and rock-crawling parts of the country it gets way too hot for MGV.

For SAS, optioned up OBX or Wildtrak, it then comes down personal preference of interior. With the loss of the Wildtrak hardtop, it might be best to axe one or the other trim and simply offer all the interior options at the highest non-sway bar disconnect level.

First Name
Dimitris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree 1000% with everything you said. The WT is the best of the best that comes off the line. When picked mine up the other night it was parked beside a OBX, the WT towered over it. What is the 1st thing most do when they get their BL or OBX, lift it and added bigger tires to it. They are just trying to make it look like a WT. If the WT wasn't popular then they wouldn't offer it. I bet there are more WT ordered than any other package. You know the Ol Dealer said says, but mine told me if I was to place an order for my exact WT again, he thinks it would take 2-3 years to get. If you order a base or another lower level you can get it in 6 - 8 months.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We were 100% loaded Badlands until I drove the mannequin Black Diamond at our dealership and realized that the MGV just made more sense with dogs and kids.
??? They're both MGV? What am I misunderstanding here?

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
??? They're both MGV? What am I misunderstanding here?
That threw me off for a minute also, then I realized that poster wrote "We were 100% loaded Badlands". Loaded would include the leather interior. Without the leather interior the Badlands would not be "100% loaded".

That's what I took away from that post, anyway...
Sponsored