Sponsored

Possibly buying a 22 Wildtrak, what to look for...

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take a good luck underneath the truck, up on a lift preferably...check for any oil leaks front to back and inspect axle and drive shaft CV boots for tears.
Sponsored

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In that case, unless you need the High or Lux package, I'd look at a different trim. The WT wasn't much bang for the buck, it had about $500 of upgrades over a Base Sas Bronco and the $1600(?) Mid package, and cost about $9k(?) more. Or look for one that does have 3.0.
Base Squash has 2.7, AdvanceTrack? 4A? Signature lighting? Cheap $500!

Last edited:

DavidL

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911, Maserati Granturiso MC
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a ā€˜22 Wildtrak without the HOSS 3.0. Iā€™ve done a lot of true rock crawling in S Utah and itā€™s done great. Given your location, this upgrade wouldnā€™t be a big win.

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Besides HOSS3, just look under at the frame rails for abuse.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base Squash has 2.7, AdvanceTrack? 4A? Signature lighting? Cheap $500!
Yes, my Base has 2.7, 4A, the same drive-train as the WT's the OP is talking about, but yeah I forgot about the $500 LED tail-light bulb and the decal.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With Ford's known build quality issues, I'm leary of any used Bronco's for sale that are only 1-2 years old. Plenty of lemons out there that people sold off.

As other people mentioned, specifically for WTs, they made the heavier duty HOSS steering optional near the end of the year. I don't have it, and honestly for less money I can buy the 74 weld passenger side kit and be even stronger than a 3.0.

I would look underneath for scrapes or damage to let you know how much hard off-roading is had's done. I would look for a dealer history to see how many times it was brought in for warranty.

WT were a great package, and the best price if someone wanted the HardTop, Aux switches, 2.7, auto, 4A options.

Personally I would also require factory tow with the 7 pin because trying to wire that up afterwards is a serious PITA and so much more expensive.

Also, be aware the High package gave you the 360 Camera, and the Lux gave you the adaptive cruise control, B&O, and Built In Nav.

Otherwise they only came standard with Mid and the smaller screen.

FYI..I have a 22 Wildtrak

OP
OP

Jeepin79

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak & 2003 Wrangler TJ Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do all 23 Wildtrak's have the HOSS 3.0 or was it an option? I found what looks to be a good deal on a 23 with 4k miles that I am going to look at. I pulled up the window sticker but dont see any mention of the HOSS.

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP
OP

Jeepin79

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Reactions: Fly

toade

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rivian
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just bought a used '22 Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0, and IMO it is well worth it. Coming from a 2018 Raptor, I really wasn't impressed when I test drove the Hoss 2.0. Granted the Bronco 3.0 is not as smooth as the Raptor... but there is a noticeable difference in day to day driving. over the 2.0. For off-roading, unless you are pretty extreme, you'd probably be fine with the 2.0, but for day to day driving the 3.0 is much more comfortable.

The problem is, '22 with HOSS 3.0 is pretty rare, and hard to search for, so if you have found a good deal on a '23, that may be the way to go. I couldn't fin a '23 anywhere near what '22s were going for. I got mine for $51k, and '23s were more like $60k. Had I been okay with Hoss 2.0, I could have easily got a used 22 lux under $50k (2-door). Used 22 prices have been falling pretty heavily, and I think a lot are sitting on lots, so be aggressive when negotiating.

OP
OP

Jeepin79

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I actually decided to buy a new Wildtrak since the prices on used were all over the place. Also liked the idea of getting the HOSS 3.0 vs the 2.0 that i have been finding. I found a local dealer with a Carbonized Grey on its lot which is my color of choice. The dealer also offered me more than any of the others on my trade in which helps make the decision to buy new even easier. I should be picking it up tomorrow or Friday.
Sponsored