First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F 150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Early second day reservation here (like 5:00am 7/14) - I was seriously on the fence and considering just bailing and waiting for a few years for things to settle down after hearing about the delay. Then my son and I drove 3 hours PHX to see the 2 door Badlands in person (that purple light was less than ideal). Now I am convinced that I will hold out and see what happens. I'm glad I went and saw one in person. I still wish I could at least sit in one before ordering a $50k vehicle but I'm sure it will be fine (I couldn't get to the Ford dealer during the week up there).
Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In for the long haul. 7/14 Res for Badlands, 2-door Carbonized Gray.
Go Team Carb Gray!

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
July 14th res here. I have and am still considering cancelling. Before the latest delays, I was optimistic I would have it by July. Now, I suspect it will be September at the earliest and I would not be surprised if there are further delays as COVID is wrecking a lot of manufacturing.
My reasons for considering canceling are there are just so many things I was hoping to do with the Bronco over the summer and fall and I was thinking maybe I go with a used 4runner for a year or two. Then maybe pick up a MY2022/23 Bronco. I am still leaning heavily towards waiting it out, but I am going to wait until orders open before I make any further decisions.
There will always be future summers/falls though. But I hear you. I had so many things lined up for this coming summer to do with the Bronco and a new dog as well. My current sedan laughs at my attempts to do offroad with it
Early second day reservation here (like 5:00am 7/14) - I was seriously on the fence and considering just bailing and waiting for a few years for things to settle down after hearing about the delay. Then my son and I drove 3 hours PHX to see the 2 door Badlands in person (that purple light was less than ideal). Now I am convinced that I will hold out and see what happens. I'm glad I went and saw one in person. I still wish I could at least sit in one before ordering a $50k vehicle but I'm sure it will be fine (I couldn't get to the Ford dealer during the week up there).
Did seeing it in person make you want to cancel more? If so, how come ?

MYBRONCO

Wildtrak
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1972 F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
7/14 Res date
# 10125309
CANCELLED

With how far out they are, I can have my 78' where I want it much quicker with the new BKO money I was gonna spend. Maybe in a couple years I will pick up a used BKO when prices come down.

Sponsored

KDAber64

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F 150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did seeing it in person make you want to cancel more? If so, how come ?

Nope... just the opposite. I really liked it in person, even the black looked great to me. I really liked the painted MOD hardtop too. And after hearing the B&P was getting updated and more items added, I just decided to go ahead and wait it out and see what happens. It's not going to be a daily driver, just a weekend getaway vehicle.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was dead serious about it until I started to look at what 60k could buy me. I won’t post the lost of alternative vehicles but it’s long
I don't blame you for demanding value at 50-60k, we deserve it but I think this quote is false. I can almost say that objectively, certainly for most of us. If the Bronco is interchangeable with a good number of other vehicles in your mind, I really don't know why you would consider it aside from new/cool factor (which costs money). If you really want the capability there is really only one alternative and we all know exactly what that is. You could make a very limited argument for another (4Runner). In my mind, if you are cross shopping a long list to the Bronco you really shouldn't even consider it. For many of us, the Wrangler is not even an adequate alternative.

newsman9

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7/26 and hopeful for delivery this time next year, depending on late availability options. Unless you absolutely know you can't get a Bronco (price, time window, etc.) or you have simply decided that this vehicle isn't for you, I just don't see canceling until we see the actual ordering system (ideally the revised B&P will be the same, but who knows?).

Seems like the current B&P might not be much more than a flawed teaser. It'd be a shame if folks dropped because of initial information there that turns out to be irrelevant, such as (we now know) the FE seats.

Broncohitis

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

7/26 and hopeful for delivery this time next year, depending on late availability options. Unless you absolutely know you can't get a Bronco (price, time window, etc.) or you have simply decided that this vehicle isn't for you, I just don't see canceling until we see the actual ordering system (ideally the revised B&P will be the same, but who knows?).

Seems like the current B&P might not be much more than a flawed teaser. It'd be a shame if folks dropped because of initial information there that turns out to be irrelevant, such as (we now know) the FE seats.
I'm very curious to see how accessory manufacturing kicks off with the release of the Bronco - here's to hoping for some pretty cool B&P updates in January

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I feel the heat before I even start to post this....I had a Wildtrack July 13th 10:30pm res date. Day of 2 hours after launch. I was dead serious about it until I started to look at what 60k could buy me. I won’t post the lost of alternative vehicles but it’s long. Currently have a <24 payments left on my 2018 Tundra, but....this is a huge but....after it all sorted out, Ford was not offering me what I wanted. I wanted Marine seats, floor drains, SasQ, LED lights, and some other misc things. I built 35 versions of what I want and it’s not worth paying 50-60k and still have items missing. Yes after market items, but comes back to why the F can’t I get what I want from Ford directly? Also No green, No X-Plan, no white accents. so IM DONE. I’ll scoop a used bronco within 2 years for half the cost. Peace and love
Pretty much the exact same scenario for me. Bronco as going to be a toy for me all along. I sold my 2016 Challenger Hellcat and was going to wait it out. But the retraction of X-plan pricing combined with no dealers in NC willing to commit to anything better than MSRP, combined with the supply issues (which I understand) that are wreaking havoc with options, I just decided I wasn't comfortable hanging in for a truck that wouldn't be exactly what I wanted for that amount of money.

I ended up picking up a 2017 Jaguar F Type R for now. What can I say, I like sports cars. Plus it was the same amount a new Bronco would've been for me the way I was building my Badlands reservation out. I'll drive the Jag for a few years and enjoy it and then reconsider.

We also have a 2011 Grand Cherokee that I can throw some skid plates and rock rails on and do anything I was ever going to do offroad anyway. Made the decision a little easier.

I think for me I was just put off by Ford treating the Bronco like some limited edition GT350 Mustang. It's NOT a limited production vehicle. They will make absolutely as many of them as they can and in 2-3 years they'll be everywhere, just like Wranglers are now. So, I bailed for now, but will keep my eye on them for the future.

Oh, and my reservation was 7-17, but timestamped as 7-18.

Sponsored

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a July 19 reservation and I plan on staying the course. I have my build ready to order whenever things open.

I hope everyone hangs on but don’t mind if people drop and I get to move up.

OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty much the exact same scenario for me. Bronco as going to be a toy for me all along. I sold my 2016 Challenger Hellcat and was going to wait it out. But the retraction of X-plan pricing combined with no dealers in NC willing to commit to anything better than MSRP, combined with the supply issues (which I understand) that are wreaking havoc with options, I just decided I wasn't comfortable hanging in for a truck that wouldn't be exactly what I wanted for that amount of money.

I ended up picking up a 2017 Jaguar F Type R for now. What can I say, I like sports cars. Plus it was the same amount a new Bronco would've been for me the way I was building my Badlands reservation out. I'll drive the Jag for a few years and enjoy it and then reconsider.

We also have a 2011 Grand Cherokee that I can throw some skid plates and rock rails on and do anything I was ever going to do offroad anyway. Made the decision a little easier.

I think for me I was just put off by Ford treating the Bronco like some limited edition GT350 Mustang. It's NOT a limited production vehicle. They will make absolutely as many of them as they can and in 2-3 years they'll be everywhere, just like Wranglers are now. So, I bailed for now, but will keep my eye on them for the future.

Oh, and my reservation was 7-17, but timestamped as 7-18.
A 2017 F Type R is exactly the car I have been looking at for the last 6 months. First year with AWD I think? Like you said it is priced the same and I was in serious consideration. Between Ohio weather and potholes I figured I wouldn't get as much use out of it as I would want. I'm sticking with the Bronco.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are many comments on here in multiple threads about pulling their reservations. Help me out a little and post your reservation date when posting you are done. I am on here trying to make informed decisions. If you have a September plus reservation date then your opinion is going to differ from an early reservation. I have a July 14th reservation and I may still get mine in 2021 MY. $100 isn't having a lot of skin in the game regardless of reservation date. I'm not sure why anyone would leave until everything is sorted out but could maybe see later reservations making this decision.
Your July 14 isn't very useful either because there's a huge difference between early morning and late evening on July 14. My reservation is also the 14th and from very early am. Morning vs evening on that day could move you from being 25/100 to 38/100.

Both Ford and your dealer should be able to give you your exact time stamp. I have 2 reservations and now the minute of the day for my time stamp. Most Bronco reservations were placed in the first few days.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 2 reservations. A 7/13 FE reservation that’s likely going to end up being a Badlands and a 7/14 WT reservation that will more than likely be cancelled.

I had made up my mind to get the 2-door badmansquatch with my FE reservation, but now I’m not sure I’m willing to wait. Now I’m trying to decide whether I should go with the badman or with the badslushsquatch or cancel and wait for the warthog.
What is a BadSlushSquatch? I was told by Ford that they will not produced cancelled FE reservations, so a smaller production number is something to consider.

I'm getting a 2.7 Badlands, no Squatch. I feel the 35s need more suspension travel and power than what's being offered. I am also thinking Warthog in the back of my mind, but I'm not waiting. IF anything, I'd trade in the Badlands for the Warthog if I were to go that route.
Sponsored