First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who cares? Your build moves like a whopping 5 minutes up if they were ahead of you.
Sponsored

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is a BadSlushSquatch? I was told by Ford that they will not produced cancelled FE reservations, so a smaller production number is something to consider.

I'm getting a 2.7 Badlands, no Squatch. I feel the 35s need more suspension travel and power than what's being offered. I am also thinking Warthog in the back of my mind, but I'm not waiting. IF anything, I'd trade in the Badlands for the Warthog if I were to go that route.
Automatics are known as slush boxes. So that would be a Badlands, Auto with Squatch. ;)

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I feel the heat before I even start to post this....I had a Wildtrack July 13th 10:30pm res date. Day of 2 hours after launch. I was dead serious about it until I started to look at what 60k could buy me. I won’t post the lost of alternative vehicles but it’s long. Currently have a <24 payments left on my 2018 Tundra, but....this is a huge but....after it all sorted out, Ford was not offering me what I wanted. I wanted Marine seats, floor drains, SasQ, LED lights, and some other misc things. I built 35 versions of what I want and it’s not worth paying 50-60k and still have items missing. Yes after market items, but comes back to why the F can’t I get what I want from Ford directly? Also No green, No X-Plan, no white accents. so IM DONE. I’ll scoop a used bronco within 2 years for half the cost. Peace and love
yea but you most likely won't find a used 2yr old bronco at half the cost. Prob have to wait atleast 3-4 years to get that, and then you've spent 3-4 years waiting... I'm not happy with the options that Ford is pigeon holing us into which is why i went from BL down to Base 2.7 Sas pack. With the extra $ i can rip out the back seats and flatten the entire area and replace the front seats with something actually worthy of being in a Bronco and still have $ to spare for rock rails, bumpers, and a little extra external storage on the roof. Making the Bronco my own is something wi was going to do over time but now i can just do it a bit quicker buying a 2dr base.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As soon as someone else offers a twin turbo, IFS, 2-door, short wheelbase, rugged off-roader with optional lockers, wheel sizes, removable roof/doors and groovy fender stickers I will cancel my October Granger reservation.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a day one reservation. Cold feet now shows no commitment. You only have $100 in the game. Most can walk away from that type of commitment, I cannot since I have waited 25 years for an error to be corrected by the Blue Oval. Be glad that Ford did not ask for $1,000 or more down to reserve. ;)

Sponsored

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A 2017 F Type R is exactly the car I have been looking at for the last 6 months. First year with AWD I think? Like you said it is priced the same and I was in serious consideration. Between Ohio weather and potholes I figured I wouldn't get as much use out of it as I would want. I'm sticking with the Bronco.
I think they switched to AWD only on the R version in 2016. I think 2015 was he only model year you could ever get a rear while drive F Type R, meaning those are kind of unicorn cars. The 15 also has hydraulic steering and they changed to electric the next model year.

I actually wanted the AWD coming from a Challenger Hellcat. I was tired of fighting for traction all the time. I know this car is wildly different than a Bronco, but hey, it still uses the brakes on the inside rear wheel to help initiate a tighter turn, so I sort of have my own version of the Bronco's "trail turn assist." LOL.

Here she is. Miss Moneypenny!

Ford Bronco Post your reservation date when posting "I'm out." 1607377422948

OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think they switched to AWD only on the R version in 2016. I think 2015 was he only model year you could ever get a rear while drive F Type R, meaning those are kind of unicorn cars. The 15 also has hydraulic steering and they changed to electric the next model year.

I actually wanted the AWD coming from a Challenger Hellcat. I was tired of fighting for traction all the time. I know this car is wildly different than a Bronco, but hey, it still uses the brakes on the inside rear wheel to help initiate a tighter turn, so I sort of have my own version of the Bronco's "trail turn assist." LOL.

Here she is. Miss Moneypenny!

Ford Bronco Post your reservation date when posting "I'm out." 1607377422948
Is it as fast as I was hoping it would be?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Early second day reservation here (like 5:00am 7/14) - I was seriously on the fence and considering just bailing and waiting for a few years for things to settle down after hearing about the delay. Then my son and I drove 3 hours PHX to see the 2 door Badlands in person (that purple light was less than ideal). Now I am convinced that I will hold out and see what happens. I'm glad I went and saw one in person. I still wish I could at least sit in one before ordering a $50k vehicle but I'm sure it will be fine (I couldn't get to the Ford dealer during the week up there).
I went to Sanderson and sat in the Outer Banks, the model I'm choosing. That was what I needed to help see me through the delays.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it as fast as I was hoping it would be?
Blistering acceleration. I’d say my Hellcat was overall faster but the F Type is effortlessly quick. I’m not constantly fighting for traction like I was in the Hellcat.

Accelerating from a stop is stupid fast in the F Type R.

OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Blistering acceleration. I’d say my Hellcat was overall faster but the F Type is effortlessly quick. I’m not constantly fighting for traction like I was in the Hellcat.

Accelerating from a stop is stupid fast in the F Type R.
I read up on it quite a bit. Damn near a supercar at a somewhat affordable price. I will be looking for one when the Bronco is paid off. Have the best of both worlds. I am partial to Jags. In high school in the mid 80's my dad had a 1974 XJ12L. I bought a project, 1986 XJS about 8 years ago that I spent a couple of years working on and then gave it to my son to drive when he turned 16.

You took the wrong angle for the picture. That car has the sexiest back end I have ever seen.

Sponsored

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read up on it quite a bit. Damn near a supercar at a somewhat affordable price. I will be looking for one when the Bronco is paid off. Have the best of both worlds. I am partial to Jags. In high school in the mid 80's my dad had a 1974 XJ12L. I bought a project, 1986 XJS about 8 years ago that I spent a couple of years working on and then gave it to my son to drive when he turned 16.

You took the wrong angle for the picture. That car has the sexiest back end I have ever seen.
I cannot argue with your last statement. That rear end is sweet.

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

7/15 reservation here as they say shite happens and I'm just waiting I will have my Bronco eventually .

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I feel the heat before I even start to post this....I had a Wildtrack July 13th 10:30pm res date. Day of 2 hours after launch. I was dead serious about it until I started to look at what 60k could buy me. I won’t post the lost of alternative vehicles but it’s long. Currently have a <24 payments left on my 2018 Tundra, but....this is a huge but....after it all sorted out, Ford was not offering me what I wanted. I wanted Marine seats, floor drains, SasQ, LED lights, and some other misc things. I built 35 versions of what I want and it’s not worth paying 50-60k and still have items missing. Yes after market items, but comes back to why the F can’t I get what I want from Ford directly? Also No green, No X-Plan, no white accents. so IM DONE. I’ll scoop a used bronco within 2 years for half the cost. Peace and love
I understand your frustration and decision. But if you think you’re going to get a used Bronco 2 years from now, you need to go look at used Wrangler prices on autotrader and Craigslist. Pay absolutely no attention to what KBB or NADA has to say about it.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Reveal date reservation and I’m not going anywhere.

F503B4A0-E5D6-4300-A9C6-6C1C4C6AF24C.gif

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

July 14th reservation and a July 16th reservation.

Plan A: 46,000 Badlands

Plan B: 44,000 Black Diamond

Paying 12 bucks (really 30 with wife and daughter) to go check out the Bronco at the Orange County Car Show in 2 weeks. Yup, 30 just to look at it in real life.

Gotta move the 14th res and cancel the 16th but my deadline keeps getting pushed - from Halloween to December to now January. Well I ain't going anywhere so no worries...
Sponsored