Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger, 2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thought I recognized that... just past all these signs... "No Stopping for Any Reason"

Glad you made it out... a lot aren't as lucky after stopping at the entrance like that... (even if 4WD)

Here is an amusing FB page for those who weren't so lucky.

https://www.facebook.com/corollabeachidiots/

1642451000505.png
If you look closely, you’ll notice that I’m on the south side of the fence as I got onto the beach further south where the “air down here” station is located. We had to stop to open the gate to keep driving north so I snapped a picture then.

Actually, this is the north side of the fence. I thought this is the one I took on the south side but it didn’t look as nice. Anyhow, I was already on the beach as I came through the gate.

I didn’t have any issues in the deeper, soft sand though…. Unlike the Tacoma that was getting “pulled out” by the H3 that both looked pretty stuck.

Sponsored

Tidy2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150 Raptor SCrew
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you look closely, you’ll notice that I’m on the south side of the fence as I got onto the beach further south where the “air down here” station is located. We had to stop to open the gate to keep driving north so I snapped a picture then.

Actually, this is the north side of the fence. I thought this is the one I took on the south side but it didn’t look as nice. Anyhow, I was already on the beach as I came through the gate.

I didn’t have any issues in the deeper, soft sand though…. Unlike the Tacoma that was getting “pulled out” by the H3 that both looked pretty stuck.
If that is the entrance that you were on... both pictures are facing east, which would mean you're North of the fence. I don't think I've ever seen anyone come through a gate there. But that makes more sense.

I've rarely seen the sand that solid there.

Love the Velocity Blue 4D (OBX in the OBX is amazing), looks similar to our 4D BD Sas. We love getting it out on the beach.

Zap74

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3. Volkswagen Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

fishahkat

Outer Banks
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger, 2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If that is the entrance that you were on... both pictures are facing east, which would mean you're North of the fence. I don't think I've ever seen anyone come through a gate there. But that makes more sense.

I've rarely seen the sand that solid there.

Love the Velocity Blue 4D (OBX in the OBX is amazing), looks similar to our 4D BD Sas. We love getting it out on the beach.
yeah, I went back and edited my thread. I took pictures on both sides of the gate but the south side was all glared out from the sun.

I just booked a house in KDH for the second week in August so I’ll be out there again definitely once this summer if not sooner!

Sponsored

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks great. How do you like the 703’s and the Baja Boss tires? Any poke pics? Curious about the lift as well
Very minimal road noise from the Baja's, and for the occasional off-roading I do, they get the job done!

For the lift, 4WP offers 2 types. This one is just spacers and the total with install was right around $1k. They also do a coil over suspension system for a bit more $ but still only about the same height (2-2.5".) Overall I'm happy with the spacer lift and cost to benefit factor. Eventually I would like to do a coil over suspension upgrade, but gonna need those numbers to be up around the 4" range. Lol

Zap74

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3. Volkswagen Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! The site says you can close your soft top with them installed? Is that correct?
Yes, you can. Very easy to do so. They have kayak mounts, fishing pole mounts bike rack mounts for Thule or Yakima, and you can even add awnings or rooftop tents. Everything is weather permitting.