Sponsored

Power window issue. High wind related problem.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recommend keeping the window seals lubed nicely when forcing the glass tighter against the seal. One suggestion is
https://www.griotsgarage.com/vinyl-rubber-dressing/
I haven't used that ...yet.
I like their description, sounds exactly like what a rubber dressing should do.
(freaking HATE shiny tires!)

Pretty happy with the Aerospace 303 I have currently as well. Hides all the scuff marks on our plastic pretty decently.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 23 2Door has several issues with window gaps / whistling / sucking out or in at Hwy speed. Also has gaps in the seals large enough to put a pencil through.

Cant get my local dealer in my area to even return my calls. Fun.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't used that ...yet.
I like their description, sounds exactly like what a rubber dressing should do.
(freaking HATE shiny tires!)

Pretty happy with the Aerospace 303 I have currently as well. Hides all the scuff marks on our plastic pretty decently.
I hear that’s good too. I could immediately tell the first time I applied it the windows operated smoother. They were starting to squeak. Mine close tight to the seal from day 1.

OP
OP
CC1999

CC1999

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2021 RAM TRX, 2023 GMC Denali HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am thinking this is tge problem you are talking about. Mine started doing it as well going down the interstate. Noisier driving than with the top off.

Yep, that is pretty much it.
That is what is happening with mine, if I roll the window down or even lower it partially down, in high winds it can't seem to roll all the way back up and seal into place.

For now, you should try dropping your passenger window at least partially down. Then try and raise the driver window again.

By dropping the passenger window down a bit, it changes the interior pressure enough.
that I have been successful at getting my driver window to roll all the way back up into the seal at the top.

This morning mine seems to be getting worse, it took 3 tries with the jockeying the passenger window up and down to get the driver side to roll all the way back up and seal.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CC1999

CC1999

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2021 RAM TRX, 2023 GMC Denali HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2dr Base has this issue.
No resolution yet.
As usual, "dealer can't replicate the problem."
I now have video of it happening.

What is happening:
Drivers side window.
At Interstate speeds, 75mph or so WITH a side wind FROM the passenger side.
It will literally suck the top of the window out and away from the seal, sometimes as much as a 1/4"

Head wind, tail wind, wind from the drivers side, no wind .... no issues any other time.

Best bet for a fix, in my opinion as I have not performed the repair yet :
On the bottom of the door, behind two easily removable plugs, are two bolts that can be loosened.
Then slid in their slots towards the outside of the door, thus pushing the top of the window in which increases the pressure the window presses into the seal.
Tighten the bolts.
Put the plugs back.
(perform window reset procedure now??? I can't recall)
Done.

This procedure is what they call for if the windows are rattling when they are partially rolled down.
The tech bulletin/instruction sheet was posted here.
There is an UNofficial youtube video of the repair as well.

The "window reset procedure" involving the buttons , memorize it.
These Broncos are all having issues where the windows "forget" where they are supposed to "park" at. So they stop short about 1/2".
Just do the reset and they will roll up all the way. Only takes 30 seconds per window.
I am about 99% sure, that is exactly what will likely happen to me, if I take mine in.
They will say can't duplicate it.
Since it involves elements created by mother nature (Wind related issue) , and that wind direction and speed variable can change by the minute around here, The effects seem to change if you're driving into the wind vs a tail wind or even a cross wind can trigger the issue.

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, that is pretty much it.
That is what is happening with mine, if I roll the window down or even lower it partially down, in high winds it can't seem to roll all the way back up and seal into place.

For now, you should try dropping your passenger window at least partially down. Then try and raise the driver window again.

By dropping the passenger window down a bit, it changes the interior pressure enough.
that I have been successful at getting my driver window to roll all the way back up into the seal at the top.

This morning mine seems to be getting worse, it took 3 tries with the jockeying the passenger window up and down to get the driver side to roll all the way back up and seal.

Exactly what mine did from day one, driver window would pull out almost 1/2 inch at interstate speeds with a wind coming from the passenger side. To the point I thought the window would tear out sometimes.

I took it to the dealer, who took it to their body shop. They worked on it almost a full day and so far so good, hasn't done it again. Like others have posted here they can adjust the tilt in or out which I suspect is what they did. More pressure up would be nice but I suppose there is a pressure limit of some sort.

What sucks is I commute in a 26 year old Subaru with frameless windows that still work perfect, no sealing issues and doesn't need to do the stupid auto index to open and close the doors.
Sponsored