Sponsored

Power window issue. High wind related problem.

CC1999

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2021 RAM TRX, 2023 GMC Denali HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in the south-central KS and northern Oklahoma.
We get a lot of wind sweeping down the planes. LOL

I have noticed over the past month that when traveling at higher speeds like on the interstate at 75mph on windy days, which windy days are common here, and wind speeds range around 10-30mph.

I started having issues getting my driver side window to roll all the way back up into the roof seal and seal off the wind. At least as much as these frameless windows can seal off the wind.

This has just been happening here over the past month.

About 8-10 times now I have had to drop the passenger side window down in order to alter the cabin pressure so that I can then get the driver side window to roll all the way up into the window seal.

Anyone else experience this and has anyone been able to resolve the issue.
If so, what was your fix for it.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you tried the window reset procedure? Anything impeding your cabin vent flaps on the tailgate?

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Boy today in Kansas is a great day to experience the wind!
We sometimes get a side wind suck that makes more noise and that uncomfortable air pressure feeling in our ears than on a calm day. Our windows go up all the way so I believe what we get is mostly due to not having a window frame to hold the door glass. Our side glass on the 2 door seems to have a fair range of movement. Not sure that ours are acting like yours but we do get some of what you are describing.

OP
OP
CC1999

CC1999

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh yea, that north wind this morning is brutal here. Gust to 30 and its something like 10 degrees outside.

I had it happen again this morning traveling around 45-50mph into that 20-30mph north wind.
Happened last weekend 3 times on the interstate traveling 75-80mph both into the wind and with a tail wind, or cross winds seem to be the worst at highway speeds.

I now have about 6000 miles on mine. It, about 10 months old.

The wind is nothing new around here. But the Window not going all the way back up in high winds is new, started around a month ago.

I am wondering if there is something in the window frame that needs tightened up.
I like to try and find out as much as can about any issues prior to taking it into the dealer.

I do that in hopes that offing the dealer as much info as I can about the issues will hopefully affect the outcome of the repair and the get it fixed the first time.

If this is something I can adjust myself and skip the trip to the dealer, that is even better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CC1999

CC1999

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you tried the window reset procedure?
Anything impeding your cabin vent flaps on the tailgate?
No, this is the first hearing about a reset procedure.

Where are the vent flaps on the located on the tailgate.

I do have one of those soft canvas cargo organizers strapped on the metal part of the swing gate. However, that has been on there for 8 or 9 of the last 10 months of ownership.

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, this is the first hearing about a reset procedure.

Where are the vent flaps on the located on the tailgate.

I do have one of those soft canvas cargo organizers strapped on the metal part of the swing gate. However, that has been on there for 8 or 9 of the last 10 months of ownership.
Reset procedure: open window all the way and continue to hold the switch for 5 seconds release, close window all the way and hold the switch for 5 seconds.

The vent flaps are directly behind the spare tire holder on the tailgate outer skin.

OP
OP
CC1999

CC1999

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reset procedure: open window all the way and continue to hold the switch for 5 seconds release, close window all the way and hold the switch for 5 seconds.

The vent flaps are directly behind the spare tire holder on the tailgate outer skin.
Thanks for the reset procedure info.
I will give that try.

Nothing on the outside other then the spare.
This is what I have on the inside.
Ford Bronco Power window issue. High wind related problem. 92348097-336e-406d-ad8b-bef6836c45bd-jpe

Ford Bronco Power window issue. High wind related problem. d5d4b41a-fc1d-4cae-80fd-872e7877651c-jpe

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the reset procedure info.
I will give that try.

Nothing on the outside other then the spare.
This is what I have on the inside.
92348097-336e-406d-ad8b-bef6836c45bd-jpeg.jpg

d5d4b41a-fc1d-4cae-80fd-872e7877651c-jpeg.jpg
Yep, that will definitely impede the vent flaps. With all the vent holes behind the molle bag that only leaves the one panel to vent. The vent flaps are located directly behind the molle bag (inside the tailgate).

RedRaider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had my driver window pop out of the seal 3 times today. Drove from New Orleans to Houston. Gusty winds the whole drive. Seems I need to look into whether the window is rolling all the up. I have absolutely nothing blocking the vents in the back so not sure what else could be causing it.

RedRaider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Had to slow down and roll the window all the way down and up to get it to track back into place.

Sponsored

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are set screws on the bottom of the door. Tighten those up to decrease (but won’t eliminate )window rattling and should decrease the window popping out at high speed in windy conditions.
At least it worked for me.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep, that will definitely impede the vent flaps. With all the vent holes behind the molle bag that only leaves the one panel to vent. The vent flaps are located directly behind the molle bag (inside the tailgate).
I thought the plastic grate on the right hand side of that photo was the vent?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I live in the south-central KS and northern Oklahoma.
We get a lot of wind sweeping down the planes. LOL

I have noticed over the past month that when traveling at higher speeds like on the interstate at 75mph on windy days, which windy days are common here, and wind speeds range around 10-30mph.

I started having issues getting my driver side window to roll all the way back up into the roof seal and seal off the wind. At least as much as these frameless windows can seal off the wind.

This has just been happening here over the past month.

About 8-10 times now I have had to drop the passenger side window down in order to alter the cabin pressure so that I can then get the driver side window to roll all the way up into the window seal.

Good morning! If you need assistance with your window concern, please send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info.

Mike T

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am thinking this is tge problem you are talking about. Mine started doing it as well going down the interstate. Noisier driving than with the top off.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2dr Base has this issue.
No resolution yet.
As usual, "dealer can't replicate the problem."
I now have video of it happening.

What is happening:
Drivers side window.
At Interstate speeds, 75mph or so WITH a side wind FROM the passenger side.
It will literally suck the top of the window out and away from the seal, sometimes as much as a 1/4"

Head wind, tail wind, wind from the drivers side, no wind .... no issues any other time.

Best bet for a fix, in my opinion as I have not performed the repair yet :
On the bottom of the door, behind two easily removable plugs, are two bolts that can be loosened.
Then slid in their slots towards the outside of the door, thus pushing the top of the window in which increases the pressure the window presses into the seal.
Tighten the bolts.
Put the plugs back.
(perform window reset procedure now??? I can't recall)
Done.

This procedure is what they call for if the windows are rattling when they are partially rolled down.
The tech bulletin/instruction sheet was posted here.
There is an UNofficial youtube video of the repair as well.

The "window reset procedure" involving the buttons , memorize it.
These Broncos are all having issues where the windows "forget" where they are supposed to "park" at. So they stop short about 1/2".
Just do the reset and they will roll up all the way. Only takes 30 seconds per window.
Sponsored