Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone else had this issue before?

I was coming home from a 6+ hr road trip with high wind speeds on the freeway and my driver side window started popping out of the seal on the top outer edges and rattling on my 2dr bronco. Crazy wind noise. I pulled over a few times to pop it back inside but it kept malfunctioning.

Solution: I read somewhere about a reset you can do that will have the car relearn the correct window height/seating. Press auto window down all the way, after its completely down hold the down button for 5 seconds, auto roll up, hold up for 5 seconds. Repeat this process until you can see the window seated correctly from the outside. I also opened and closed my driver door during this process.

Hope this can help someone out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brinko

Brinko

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Before and after
Ford Bronco Window malfunction opening on fwy with high wind speeds A7ADE2AD-8348-4846-93BD-E038445A9332
Ford Bronco Window malfunction opening on fwy with high wind speeds F47966AA-730F-4DA6-9AF5-5A27D3D440D8

KSBronco73

Outer Banks
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MINI. Cooper S 2dr, 2017 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine is doing the same thing. The noise is enough to drive you crazy. I took mine to the dealer and they are ordering me a new seal to go around the window. If that doesn't fix it, I will try your fix!

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
My driver's side window has done it before, but it pops out on the angled part/leading edge near the mirror where the weather stripping changes and not along the top. I even went through and tilted the window all the way in using the two 10mm bolts at the bottom of the door, but it still did it. It happens at 75mph or above with a strong cross wind - the window seems to bulge outward about 1/4" and won't reseat until speed drops to somewhere around 35mph, at which point you can roll the window down and back up to re-seat it.

OP
OP
Brinko

Brinko

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My driver's side window has done it before, but it pops out on the angled part/leading edge near the mirror where the weather stripping changes and not along the top. I even went through and tilted the window all the way in using the two 10mm bolts at the bottom of the door, but it still did it. It happens at 75mph or above with a strong cross wind - the window seems to bulge outward about 1/4" and won't reseat until speed drops to somewhere around 35mph, at which point you can roll the window down and back up to re-seat it.
Damn thats a bummer. Have you tried doing the reset by holding it down and up for 5 secs each? If that doesnt work, you can take off the door panel and somewhere in the manual it says how you can reseat the window. I havent tried it before but ive seen people on here have success with that.

Sponsored

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Damn thats a bummer. Have you tried doing the reset by holding it down and up for 5 secs each? If that doesnt work, you can take off the door panel and somewhere in the manual it says how you can reseat the window. I havent tried it before but ive seen people on here have success with that.
I performed the "relearn" yesterday on both windows after this thread reminded me that it's an option. I didn't notice any difference on my driver's side window, but the passenger side seemed like it's now seated into the weatherstripping a little more, which is reinforced by the fact that the wind noise I was getting from that side of the cabin is gone.

The door on my side is slightly misaligned and is contacting the door jamb in the bottom rear corner. Getting that fixed is on my hit list for when I take it to the dealership to get all of my nagging issues and recalls taken care of. I'm hoping that the adjustment will move the door enough in the counterclockwise direction that it'll tighten up the fit in the front of the window. If not, I'll have to perform the full realignment procedure on the window.

Mike T

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is doing the same thing. Any known fixes. Will try the window reset.

Sponsored