First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A little backstory. My wife has a 22, 4 door OBX soft top. I have a 23, 4 door OBX hard top. The windows on my wife’s OBX rattle pretty good when partially down. Mine do not. We have discussed the window rattle with the dealer a few times. They say that it is not a known issue, there isn’t a recall, and they can’t do anything. Basically, that‘s the way it is. Has anyone else experienced this rattle issue? Thanks.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Its definitely a known issue, with no current fix. The dealer is supposed to send you on your way, but also inform you that Ford is currently developing new parts to fix the shitty windows. Expected to be available Q4.

OP
OP
JoseJalapeno

JoseJalapeno

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Its definitely a known issue, with no current fix. The dealer is supposed to send you on your way, but also inform you that Ford is currently developing new parts to fix the shitty windows. Expected to be available Q4.
Thanks!

Sponsored

Rush4th

Base
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Go under your door. There’s 2 rubber plugs per side. Pull the plugs, loosen the bolts and slide them to the outside of the door. Retighten and put the plugs back in. It helped a lot but is not perfect.

If you hit a large enough pot hole it’ll still hit. It definitely helps though. They still wobble cuz they’re big ass windows without any support, but will make minimal contact with whatever it was hitting.

I had to pull mine back a butt hair cuz the top weatherstripping wasn’t sealing against the window properly and let drops of water in. Nothing major at all but enough to make me go back under a fine tune the adjustment.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A little backstory. My wife has a 22, 4 door OBX soft top. I have a 23, 4 door OBX hard top. The windows on my wife’s OBX rattle pretty good when partially down. Mine do not. We have discussed the window rattle with the dealer a few times. They say that it is not a known issue, there isn’t a recall, and they can’t do anything. Basically, that‘s the way it is. Has anyone else experienced this rattle issue? Thanks.
The windows will rattlee if they are part way down and you hit bumps, etc. This is because there is no window frame.

OP
OP
JoseJalapeno

JoseJalapeno

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The windows will rattlee if they are part way down and you hit bumps, etc. This is because there is no window frame.
Does not happen on mine.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tons of cars without window frames don't have this issue, including other Ford vehicles. Hopefully that fix that they're is expected to put out soon will take care of this.

Sponsored

plipnoggen

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Go under your door. There’s 2 rubber plugs per side. Pull the plugs, loosen the bolts and slide them to the outside of the door. Retighten and put the plugs back in. It helped a lot but is not perfect.

If you hit a large enough pot hole it’ll still hit. It definitely helps though. They still wobble cuz they’re big ass windows without any support, but will make minimal contact with whatever it was hitting.

I had to pull mine back a butt hair cuz the top weatherstripping wasn’t sealing against the window properly and let drops of water in. Nothing major at all but enough to make me go back under a fine tune the adjustment.
I had some rattling/hitting with my windows and did this adjustment, which is the same as this:

I have a question though -- what does this adjsutment actually do? Does it move the entire window toward/away from the body? Or does it pivot it on some sort of fulcrum within the door (i.e. tilt the window toward/away from the top)?

It did help -- not so much with the shakiness but with the rattle/hitting when half way down. Just trying to figure out what it actually does.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why should good paying customers learn how to manually adjust their windows? I had two windows that had no rattles/squeaks, then mysteriously a couple weeks ago the passenger window started rattling really bad (this is rolled up). The only thing I can say is I had a passenger who kept slightly rolling down the window down a little while on the highway. These windows are a crap system.

When I open the door and fiddle the glass back and forth, it's not real loose but definitely seems to be. It also seems to pull away from the window seal on the outside 1/8"? It's like it just slid out of place slightly.

The squeaking on every road crack kills me. I guess I should wait a little longer to get it looked at? So annoying Ford does this and then expects customers to become experts in window adjustments and tensioning.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had some rattling/hitting with my windows and did this adjustment, which is the same as this:

I have a question though -- what does this adjsutment actually do? Does it move the entire window toward/away from the body? Or does it pivot it on some sort of fulcrum within the door (i.e. tilt the window toward/away from the top)?

It did help -- not so much with the shakiness but with the rattle/hitting when half way down. Just trying to figure out what it actually does.
That video is hilarious ("Having floppy windows will definitely hurt your self esteem"!). Reminds me of those PSAs on The Simpsons, with jump cuts and all. Nice 'vette too.

My problem with his (isn't he a 6g member?) fix, he just adjusted it all the way. There's no more. If something is working loose, there's no more play. Not his fault, for sure, but hell, just tensioning the hell out of it has it's limits.

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any update on those parts?
Sponsored