First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For those who have tried to fix this did you adjust the window track bolts on the "side" of the door or just the adjustment screws on the bottom. I moved the bottom screws all the way out. Still have some rattle but better. The screws on the side are already all the way out. Was wondering if moving those in might help.

Thanks
Sponsored

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did as you did and just adjusted the bottoms with same result. Better for sure, but not completely fixed.

OP
OP

broncomaybenever

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I did as you did and just adjusted the bottoms with same result. Better for sure, but not completely fixed.

Looks like those bolts on the side of the door need adjusted to. Looks likes that's the procedure in the TSB as well. Probably gonna try it I'll post if I do.

mclaffer

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla model 3 and Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For those who have tried to fix this did you adjust the window track bolts on the "side" of the door or just the adjustment screws on the bottom. I moved the bottom screws all the way out. Still have some rattle but better. The screws on the side are already all the way out. Was wondering if moving those in might help.

Thanks
I'm having the window rattle as well. Do you only notice this rattle when it's cold in the morning? When I roll the window down, it's less sound. I was thinking it was from the glass and the door suction trimming.

OP
OP

broncomaybenever

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
to directly above, I am not sure. I just get an awful slap over bumps with the window 3 to inches down.
What I did to was take the bolt access covers off the passenger door which does not have the window rattle. the track bolts( the ones about half way up the door) were all the way in. the bottom bolts were about in the middle of the slot.

I took a piece of paper and closed the door with it between the window and drivers side trim. I doubt the window was in contact with the trim at all. Then I put the drivers side track bolts all in and the bottom bolts all out. will report in a half hour or so. going for a ride.

Sponsored

Gramd

Big Bend
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 66 Chevy ll
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I get a really nasty slap on my front drivers side. I’ll have to try adjusting those. Feels like the glass will shatter sometimes

OP
OP

broncomaybenever

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Calling a win. With the high bolts all in and low bolts all out what would slap the window previously does not now. Now I can drive over normal without things without slapping. I did get a small slap over a kinda sharp bump over a pothole. I would not normally try that but I was testing. Anyway, I don't like the idea of having to set the adjustments to their extreme ends. It works but I wonder if the real issue is the window trim losing shape, elasticity or whatever you want to call it.

mclaffer

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla model 3 and Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks
do you actually remove the black suction covers access the window track to do the adjustments? My passenger window rattles as well.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven't tried the adjustment yet. Messing around with door panels has always led to other problems for me.

Sponsored
OP
OP

broncomaybenever

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You don't need to pull door panels. Pull the black rubber bolt covers. Look at the youtube videos. I started with just the bottom and it was better. I did the track bolts too like the TSB and its good. Check your door/window that doesn't rattle and look at the bolt position.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You don't need to pull door panels. Pull the black rubber bolt covers. Look at the youtube videos. I started with just the bottom and it was better. I did the track bolts too like the TSB and its good. Check your door/window that doesn't rattle and look at the bolt position.
Just watched the vids. Didn't realize it was such an easy adjustment. Will give it a go in the morning. What adjustment to you make on the track bolts?

OP
OP

broncomaybenever

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My rattle was on the drivers door. The bolts were all out on the window track and 1/2 out on the lower bolts. I checked the passenger side bolts. They were all in on the high and 1/2 way on the bottom. I lowered the window and loosened all 4 bolts. I put the bolts all in on top and tightened. I did all out on the bottom. I hope that makes sense. I'm not that technical. Out means away from the car and in means towards the car. I didn't get any binding or anything weird from the window. I will put the "at your own risk" disclaimer.

OP
OP

broncomaybenever

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyhow the rattle persisted. It became worse on the passenger side. I am convinced it is an issue with the weathstrip, rubber seal whatever you want to call it. I had some vacuum tube laying around and wedged it in behind the rubber seal at the back of the window along the pillar between the metal and the seal. The widows appear to operate normally and still slide into the groove on the top part of the seal. The little bit of driving/testing I have done so far seems to show positive results. I tried but couldn't get the rattle. We will see.
Sponsored