Sponsored

Powering amp through grommet - big problem need help.

jmoney

Big Bend
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
anyone who can help me please do. I followed all steps on everyone’s post. I have ab amp and the car wired and ready. I go to pass power through the grommet on the drivers side like everyone has been doing and….
I have a manual. That grommet is occupied by my clutch mechanism.
does anyone know of another way to access the car battery so I can power in this kicker key 200.4 amp.
please god
Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you looking at this grommet?
Ford Bronco Powering amp through grommet - big problem need help. Grommett.JPG

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think he is talking about the oval-shaped one above that (where I ran my ditch light switch wires). But looks like that's only available if you have an AT.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on the Rockslider Steps installation instructions, there is a drain hole in the floor right by the edge of the door trim. Lift the carpet/rubber and you can use that grommet/hole.
Ford Bronco Powering amp through grommet - big problem need help. C6E73231-D060-4268-99FC-64B944C2D28A

Sponsored
OP
OP
jmoney

jmoney

Big Bend
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think he is talking about the oval-shaped one above that (where I ran my ditch light switch wires). But looks like that's only available if you have an AT.
Yes that is the one I was talking about.
For anyone following the thread with a manual... I am curious about the grommet illustrated. I will try to poke through there.
Not an ideal solution, but in order to run power into the cab, i ran power wire down the driver front wheel well in the engine bay, then followed the channel under the chassis until I got to the left rear passenger seat. There is an opening in the floor there that allows a wire to come in. I just ran it along the door trim where I needed to go from there.

If that big grommet illustration works, I'll probably clean up my work and use that since the amp sits right under the steering wheel.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes that is the one I was talking about.
For anyone following the thread with a manual... I am curious about the grommet illustrated. I will try to poke through there.
Not an ideal solution, but in order to run power into the cab, i ran power wire down the driver front wheel well in the engine bay, then followed the channel under the chassis until I got to the left rear passenger seat. There is an opening in the floor there that allows a wire to come in. I just ran it along the door trim where I needed to go from there.

If that big grommet illustration works, I'll probably clean up my work and use that since the amp sits right under the steering wheel.
I have a manual...message me if there is something you want me to check and compare

OP
OP
jmoney

jmoney

Big Bend
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a manual...message me if there is something you want me to check and compare
Hi there!

For the main wire grommet you show in the diagram... If i were to poke through the top as shown in the image, could I assume it would come out neatly on the cabin side without tearing anything up? Perhaps with a long skewer?
I didn't realize that grommet was empty at the top. I was looking for the oval shaped, empty grommet everyone else was using.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi there!

For the main wire grommet you show in the diagram... If i were to poke through the top as shown in the image, could I assume it would come out neatly on the cabin side without tearing anything up? Perhaps with a long skewer?
I didn't realize that grommet was empty at the top. I was looking for the oval shaped, empty grommet everyone else was using.
Yes, I think that is exactly how it is designed. I have not done it myself, but I just went and looked at mine and it looks just like the picture. On the engine side, it does feel pretty stiff when I touched that grommet, so it might take some force to poke through. Let us know how it goes!
Sponsored