Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction/Low Power (C05D9, U0403)

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Heads up if this happens to you - Was driving in the rain on Monday and switched over to goat mode "slippery" to put it in 4x4 since duh rain. got a few miles and had the dash light up "Service Soon" "Powertrain Malfunction/Low Power".

Couldn't get it out of goat mode/4A until i turned the car off and turned back on and got it into 2H. Drove home fine in 2H but when I tested it out again same malfunction happened. Definitely was driving weird with the malfunction especially when taking left turns almost felt like the tires were jumping.
Did a Forscan prior to taking it to Ford and one had a service bulletin about the battery the other the transmission module. (C05D9 & U0403).

Ford took the module apart and made sure all the pins were good. The battery got tested twice and even though we were all (including mechanics) were sure it was the battery ford won't replace it unless it tests bad.

Told to watch it and if same thing happens again in "slippery" or 4H to call them back so they can replace the transmission module.
Just wanted to give anyone that this happens to a heads up in case they run into the same issue.

For reference I have a 2022 2.3 Liter Outer Banks
Sponsored