First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 f250, 1967 mustang gt, 2014 f350, 2017 gmc
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tonight I was leaving a restaurant and got in my '21 BD 2.7l 4 door with 18k miles. The service engine soon light was on, along with blind spot and cross traffic disabled alerts. I started to head home, as it's going in for the seatbelt recall Tuesday I figured they could look at it then. As we were driving through town both screens, all the exterior lights, and interior lights went off. The only lights left on were the aux switches and the climate control. The motor was still on so I pulled into a parking spot to turn it off. I put it in Park and hit the stop button but the motor wouldn't stop. Besides the above mentioned lights all the electronics were dead. I tried for 20 minutes to get it to turn off, I finally disconnected the battery. It was still running so I pulled the fuel pump fuse and it shut off. I had it towed to the dealership so we will see what they say tomorrow. The first pass app says powertrain malfunction. Has anyone encountered this before?

Screenshot_20240121_213824_FordPass.jpg
Sponsored

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have seen similar issues on other vehicles. DM me your VIN and I can pull it up in PTS and see what the issue may be.

OP
OP
Lrenz66

Lrenz66

Black Diamond
First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 f250, 1967 mustang gt, 2014 f350, 2017 gmc
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just got a call from the Dealership. They are thinking it was a software issue and did some updates. They are keeping it for a couple days to test drive it and make sure that was the problem.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Tonight I was leaving a restaurant and got in my '21 BD 2.7l 4 door with 18k miles. The service engine soon light was on, along with blind spot and cross traffic disabled alerts. I started to head home, as it's going in for the seatbelt recall Tuesday I figured they could look at it then. As we were driving through town both screens, all the exterior lights, and interior lights went off. The only lights left on were the aux switches and the climate control. The motor was still on so I pulled into a parking spot to turn it off. I put it in Park and hit the stop button but the motor wouldn't stop. Besides the above mentioned lights all the electronics were dead. I tried for 20 minutes to get it to turn off, I finally disconnected the battery. It was still running so I pulled the fuel pump fuse and it shut off. I had it towed to the dealership so we will see what they say tomorrow. The first pass app says powertrain malfunction. Has anyone encountered this before?

Screenshot_20240121_213824_FordPass.jpg
Hi Lorenzo! I can look into Bronco's reduced power concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?
Sponsored