Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As an update, I did my partial hood today and it took much longer than expected based on how easy the door sills were. The contours of the hood made life really difficult. Hoping that the rockers go on more easily as generally much flatter. Just putting it out there for anyone else thinking about DIY
Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The last vehicle I did was $6k, so I did more shopping around and found a new place just 20 minutes away. I got a quote for 3M PPF on the grill, headlights, full hood, fenders, four doors, and quarter panels for $3,000. It includes everything except the tailgate, which I may add when I drop it off on February 14th. 3M Ceramic tint for the front two-door windows is an extra $200. I will give updates with pictures when it's complete.

FWIW, I'm in the Minneapolis metro.

OP
OP

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As an update, I did my partial hood today and it took much longer than expected based on how easy the door sills were. The contours of the hood made life really difficult. Hoping that the rockers go on more easily as generally much flatter. Just putting it out there for anyone else thinking about DIY
The professional installer I'm paying using also said the hood would be difficult. Congrats on doing it. I'm waiting for warmer weather just to do the lower doors and sills.

ar1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For the hood I opted to wrap the front edge but wanting an easier experience with the doors I just carefully stenciled out the film. The install on the doors was very very easy. I ended up redoing one panel because I found that the film I was using had a fairly ragged edge that was making for a visible seam. If doing a partial panel I would advise to give your film a look to see which side is cut cleanest and then use that for whichever seam is more visible.
Sponsored