Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubi, Sierra Denali, Taco TRD Pro, 4Run LTD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Who did your install?
Canby Signs & Graphics. They normally only install print film - I had planned for them to just install clear print film, but it didn't look right so we upgraded to a true PPG film (Autobahn Road Guard). I have a couple corners that they need to fix but overall I'm happy with the install. However, I'm not sure they plan to continue to offer PPG install as a service - the printed film is more of their wheelhouse...
Sponsored

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got prices around here that were quite a bit more. This guy is down in Oregon too so I don't have to send any money to our idiot governor.

This is the guy in case anyone's interested. Seems to get good reviews, price is good and he has been good to deal with so far. https://elitewindowtint.net/
Keep us posted on how your experience goes with Elite, I may be interested. Hopefully, my rig is getting built this week, and I'm in the market for PPF when it shows up.

OP
OP
brianpgreen

brianpgreen

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep us posted on how your experience goes with Elite, I may be interested. Hopefully, my rig is getting built this week, and I'm in the market for PPF when it shows up.
Will do.

OP
OP
brianpgreen

brianpgreen

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I'd say it went well with Elite. I did discover that the reason they are so much cheaper than some of the places around here appears to be that they don't wrap as many edges. They use the patterns from Xpel which leaves a seam behind the door handles and some exposed edges. They didn't wrap as many edges as I would have liked. They did do a good job but if you want all the edges wrapped it's probably going to cost more. I'm undecided on whether or not I should have paid the extra somewhere else for more wrapped edges. Hood and front fender edges were fully wrapped. Leading edge of the door is not wrapped but the trailing edge is. Oddly they didn't wrap the fuel door which seems like it would have been very easy. It appears to me that they wrapped any edges that didn't require them to take things apart. I thought I asked alot of questions beforehand. I told him I didn't want exposed edges. He responded that he wraps any edge he can and his goal is for the customer to not be able to tell that the work was done. He and I clearly had different understandings of what that meant.

Bottom line..... You get what you pay for. With the qualification that I'm not a PPF expert and have never had it done before I believe he did a good job for what I paid. ($2,100)
Sponsored

Reactions: mla