Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had mine kick in a few times when I first brought it home. Once being a valid situation where I got a little too close before braking, the other times I couldnt' figure why it chirped at me. But now it seems to have gone silent.
Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've only read through it twice, but a lot of it didn't "stick" if I didn't know that I needed it. And even at over 500 pages, it's still missing stuff like how to use the jack to change a tire.

In any case, your link was helpful and I went right out and shut off the two pre-collision features. I'll have to check later on to make sure that they stay off, unlike the automatic engine shut off feature when you're stopped at a light (I actually kind of like that one).

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've only had it trigger twice since Oct. once just the tone and once enough to apply brakes. Both times triggered by cyclist trying to commit suicide blasting through a stop sign into my path. I didn't think it was overly sensitive in when it triggered and I've never touched the settings.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve kinda wanted to try it out, but I don’t wanna drive up someone’s ass just to see how it works. My wife said she would get in front and let me test it out, but then it would be my luck I’d wreck two of our cars.
Only one way to find out...

giphy.gif

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine went off for the first time last week (10K miles 7.5.21 delivery). I never changed the settings and thought the pre-warning was about right (surprise lane closure where no one was expecting it). I am not telling anyone how to drive, but if it's going off regularly, you are driving to close to others or the system isn't working properly ;)

BroncoBurgerWithCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond; Jeep Grand Chero; BMW X5M
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've only read through it twice, but a lot of it didn't "stick" if I didn't know that I needed it. And even at over 500 pages, it's still missing stuff like how to use the jack to change a tire.

In any case, your link was helpful and I went right out and shut off the two pre-collision features. I'll have to check later on to make sure that they stay off, unlike the automatic engine shut off feature when you're stopped at a light (I actually kind of like that one).
Mine doesn't stay off. I've had it activate several times from simply what appears to be direct sunlight into shadow with no actual car close in front of me, which freaked me out. So I've turned it off but it comes back on the next time you start the car, which is annoying as the setting is buried pretty deep to turn it off every time.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine doesn't stay off. I've had it activate several times from simply what appears to be direct sunlight into shadow with no actual car close in front of me, which freaked me out. So I've turned it off but it comes back on the next time you start the car, which is annoying as the setting is buried pretty deep to turn it off every time.
I just did a 300 mile road trip today, right after turning both of the nanny modes off. It stayed off. I got reminded a few times with the option to turn it back on but I selected the option to leave it off. Sometimes there were two or three things it wanted me to check, coming too fast to react, but it mostly left things alone.

There is a tiny yellow-orange symbol near the speedometer when the mode is off. I'm guessing it's a drawing of a car about to hit an animal, with a slash through it. That one doesn't show up in the Symbold Glossary.
Sponsored