First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Audi A5 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone had any experiences in the real world with pr collision in the Bronco? I believe my base model (even in manual trim) will feature this, but I haven't seen anything on it. Has anyone had it kick in etc? I have been in some new cars recently where it is variable (you set sensitivity/how early it intrudes) and have been quiet impressed.
Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, even the Base has this nice feature. I have not yet had it activate the brakes, but I did have several instances where the dash flashed a warning. Based on those experiences, I went in to the settings via the Sync system and changed the sensitivity from standard (medium) to low.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It notifies you with a screen flash message and an audible tone before it actually applies your brakes for you. It is a firm 'woah' when it activates but nothing I would call alarming. Just a hard stop braking action. 100% of all Broncos have this.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™ve kinda wanted to try it out, but I donā€™t wanna drive up someoneā€™s ass just to see how it works. My wife said she would get in front and let me test it out, but then it would be my luck Iā€™d wreck two of our cars.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My daughter was a new driver and driving the base bronco when a deer jumped in front of the car. She made the most amazing, controlled, no panic stop. My wife and I were super impressed with this and it wasnā€™t ā€˜til weeks later It occurred to me the automatic braking probably kicked in. We didnā€™t hear any alert but that might be due to the screaming.

Sponsored

Huntsetter1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My daughter was a new driver and driving the base bronco when a deer jumped in front of the car. She made the most amazing, controlled, no panic stop. My wife and I were super impressed with this and it wasnā€™t ā€˜til weeks later It occurred to me the automatic braking probably kicked in. We didnā€™t hear any alert but that might be due to the screaming.
Not funny but made me smile

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine activated last week when traffic was slowing down. I was kind of surprised by that. The person in front of me slammed on his/her brakes out of nowhere. I was in the process of braking when the alarm went off so I don't know if it applied additional brake pressure of not. It was kind of odd. I feel like the alert is so loud it might make you actually have an accident. :LOL:

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine gave me an audible warning last week when I came up a bit quickly on somebody that was making a right turn. I didn't think the Base model had that feature until it went off. I wish there were a way to opt out of the nanny driver aids.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had one experience a couple of weeks ago. There was a car ahead of me turning right, it was almost completely around the corner so I didn't slow down. My pre-collision assist started freaking out, ding dinging at full blast. It didn't do anything else but I am assuming that was because the car that was turning was now gone. It's almost like having your wife or mother in the passenger's seat stepping on the imaginary brake and grabbing the dash while doing that rapid inhaling sigh. Very annoying. lol

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine didn't do a thing when car pulled out in front of me. Was doing 20 mph near a school. Lady came out of the in. Missed her by maybe 6". No time to brake I whipped the wheel to the left and barely cleared her car. Granted her car was not square in front but incoming from the right.

Sponsored

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do I not know this? I thought all the interference features were part of the LUX package (minus ABS/Traction). So ALL Broncos have front sensing and apply breaks automatically? How does this work offroad as you drive through bush/branches and such? Is it smart enough to disable?

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How do I not know this? I thought all the interference features were part of the LUX package (minus ABS/Traction). So ALL Broncos have front sensing and apply breaks automatically? How does this work offroad as you drive through bush/branches and such? Is it smart enough to disable?
Yes all Broncos have this, even Base. It is not active at low speeds. I don't think you can turn it off, but you can turn the sensitivity down so that it alerts less often.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bushes and branches are not big enough but if you were headed straight for a 10' grizzly bear or a 3' diameter oak it will probably go off.

If you apply the brakes or steer around the object the alarm should cease.

And you can turn it off in settings.

I had mine beep two different times, person in front wad turning and I felt no need to slow down but bronco brain thought I might want to.

And during snow ice storms it usually throws a not available warning. So if you really don't want it to work and don't want to turn it off use a piece of tape over it, or mount a winch in front of it.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone had any experiences in the real world with pr collision in the Bronco? I believe my base model (even in manual trim) will feature this, but I haven't seen anything on it. Has anyone had it kick in etc? I have been in some new cars recently where it is variable (you set sensitivity/how early it intrudes) and have been quiet impressed.
Yes. It is annoying as hell.

I set it to its lowest setting. Recently I had to make an emergency stop/switch lanes and as I was doing so this idiotic squawking screech scared the hell out of me..

Definitely not a safety feature unless you drive around texting..

As I understand it, it detects bright tail lights and compares your speed and squawks if the sensor gets scared.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine has alerted maybe three times.
Two were legit. Cars crossing over center line, but that happens kind of often out in the county roads, potholes and such.

The other one was interesting, I was approaching a round-a-bout and a vehicle was most of the way through, oncoming, but for a moment it's "track" would have it as if it were going to cross my path.
As it is, their lane the turns to parallel my lane, they were following the intended path ... and all was well.
But for a second, the nanny thought we were on a collision course.

These other replys are hilarious.
Must be a bunch of high strung motherlovers out there if a simple alarm is going to cause you to crash. :rolleyes:
Sponsored