Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My experiences have been positive, once selling a vehicle, and another getting a quote from them to use from a dealer. The way the used car market is it wouldn't hurt to get a quote from carmax and all of the web based dealers, there could be quite a bit of variance.
Sponsored

First BaseMan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also, I went and looked at a Bronco at a local carmax. It was listed as a Black Diamond with a sticker in the 60s. It was pretty clearly a stripper base, I think roof rails were the only option checked. So either they were up to something shady or somebody with a base got over on their appraiser, if it was the latter you may get lucky when you get your vehicle appraised.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just priced my Wifes Audi last week with Carmax, Carvana, and KBB. KBB was the best since they send your info out to local dealers who bid it too, a Mini dealer offered me $2600 more than the KBB offer which was $400 more than Carmax. Skip Carvana they offered $16k less.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My sons took his 2013 six cylinder auto Mustang with low miles and no accidents to CarMax. Their offer was in line with dealership. He sold it to a local small used car lot for about a thousand more then the CM and dealership offers. That was about four years ago.

Spray

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My son just sold his 2017 Focus ST to Carmax when his Black Diamond was delivered. He bought the Focus new from the Dealer he ordered the Bronco through. He went to Carmax as soon as the Bronco was delivered and Carmax offered him $22K for it with over 50K miles on it. Took the offer with him to the dealership when he went to pickup the Bronco, the best they could do was $18K. Carmax got the Focus and my son made money on the Focus! Carmax paid him $2700 more than he paid for the car new. BTW Mullinax Ford in Apopka, FL. is great. They honored the MSRP for the Bronco with no BS.

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I got $13,000 for my 2010 Z71 that had engine issues. No hassle. I would recommend going to Carmax if you're going to sell a car and getting a quote no matter what. I believe the quotes are good for 7 days. We got the quote, I tried to sell it for more than 13k, no takers in 5 days so I just took it back to Carmax.

MysteryCamper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've twice used CarMax to get offers then took my car to local dealers who offered to beat CarMax prices. Came out +$500 the first time, and the 2nd time I used the offer to negotiate my trade in up to where I wanted it.

If you have the time, check around and see if you can get dealers to counter offer for your car. You never know

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My only complaint was on the backend for paperwork. They were waaaaaaay behind that day.... Like 6 hours behind. I went home and came back and still waited 2 more.

Other than that I got within 80% of private party market value without having to deal with tire kickers and the rest of society's degenerates that come with personally selling.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My only complaint was on the backend for paperwork. They were waaaaaaay behind that day.... Like 6 hours behind. I went home and came back and still waited 2 more.

Other than that I got within 80% of private party market value without having to deal with tire kickers and the rest of society's degenerates that come with personally selling.
Really? I think I was in and out in 30 minutes when it came to paperwork. Granted I already had a quote... so maybe 45 minutes if you count the first visit where I got a quote.

Djstang2011

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sold my 2018 F150 to Vroom after looking at all the different sites and offers. (dealers included)
Vroom was the highest by quite a bit for my vehicle at that time.
The paperwork was all done online, supplied a FedEx envelope for title, they picked up on friday and I had the money deposited in my account on monday.

No issues whatsoever.

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Weā€™ve bought 3 and sold 3, all great experiences. Getting ready to sell another soon as the Bronco was built yesterday!

Bscholl8

Base
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did what @Spray is saying but the Dealer folded and gave me a 1k more than the best offer I received to get my trade in on their lot. Plus I saved on Taxes from doing this. The ball is in your court, it doesn't hurt to check all your options. Everything is done online and is quick.

My son just sold his 2017 Focus ST to Carmax when his Black Diamond was delivered. He bought the Focus new from the Dealer he ordered the Bronco through. He went to Carmax as soon as the Bronco was delivered and Carmax offered him $22K for it with over 50K miles on it. Took the offer with him to the dealership when he went to pickup the Bronco, the best they could do was $18K. Carmax got the Focus and my son made money on the Focus! Carmax paid him $2700 more than he paid for the car new. BTW Mullinax Ford in Apopka, FL. is great. They honored the MSRP for the Bronco with no BS.

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well ya, that's the business, buy at a lower price and sell at a higher price or they wouldn't exist. Don't know why that would be a sour taste. If you got $3800 they priced it out correctly that they would have to pay for fixes and payroll and still come out ahead.
Let's not forget that today's car market is completely different than before-vid. I think they were great and easy. I think that there is a cost you should associate with truly hassle free and my experience was pretty hassle free. Rather take a bit less than deal with the hassle of listing it, tire kickers, hagglers, etc.

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Car Max is good for setting the floor price in any area. If they are anywhere near any dealer you will find that those dealers will all be competitive with trade values if they actually want your vehicle. Competition is a good thing.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Car Max is good for setting the floor price in any area. If they are anywhere near any dealer you will find that those dealers will all be competitive with trade values if they actually want your vehicle. Competition is a good thing.
Yes for sure this is exactly what I did, my dealer came up to match minus 3k which would be for taxes on trade in so it's a wash.
Sponsored