Sponsored

Anyone checked Carvana or Carmax lately?

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love my Bronco. I bought it to drive the snot out of it, maybe give it to my youngest when I'm in the ground.

If I wanted to make money, I would have put my $65K in an S&P index fund.
Sponsored

Overcooked

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2D WT, 2021 BMW 540,2024 BMW X7 M60i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You did pretty good. My 2021 BMW 540 with MSRP of $75000 only worth about $35000 now. I don’t care though ;)

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I checked the trade in value recently and was shocked to see I could trade it is for what I paid for it! Only reason I checked is because I want to down size to a two door.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Big dealer I took delivery through has plenty of used broncos, most with mods left on them, and is only dealer ordering raptors and pedestrian more door big bends and outer banks. I think a lot of people leased, a lot bought for the “investment,” the attention and the exclusivity and many regretted their configurations and modifications.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Big dealer I took delivery through has plenty of used broncos, most with mods left on them, and is only dealer ordering raptors and pedestrian more door big bends and outer banks. I think a lot of people leased, a lot bought for the “investment,” the attention and the exclusivity and many regretted their configurations and modifications.
I’ve got a year left on my lease. Even with a residual value under $30g I may just turn it over. I wouldn’t mind keeping it but it’s not worth the stupid interest rates. And I order it exactly how I wanted it.

• Sad
Reactions: 0ne

Sponsored

EGSquatched

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2dr Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just checked mine and it’s 2500 less than msrp right now which I don’t think is bad at all.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hardtops and SAS models seem to be holding value better. The dealerships are learning what moves and what doesn’t. I was able to negotiate $5k below MSRP over the phone with a Ford dealership in SA. But it wasn’t exactly what I want. A week later I bought a ‘22 Gladiator Texas Trail edition and ordered a Black Diamond from a small town Ford dealership same day. The jeep will hold me over until the Bronco comes in late next year and I will be able to compare them for myself. Hopefully the Jeep will hold its value.
Planning to keep the Bronco forever if Ford can fix all the bugs.
It will be the first time I’ve ever bought a new vehicle let alone ordered one exactly how I want it.
You will really like the BD. I do.

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Im Thinking of selling mine. A used Porsche cayman s or RS3 might be what I need. 22k miles on 2021 2 dr BL with soft (bestop) and hardtops mid package. 2.7 with factory tow. I love it but I REALLY hate not driving fast. Especially in FL. Not much here other than beach days. have the temp digits on HVAC so that should be worth something lol. Paid MSRP 48,000 - CarMax is coming in at$42,000 almost 3 years later.
keep the Bronco and get a sports car for when the itch occurs...
Ford Bronco Anyone checked Carvana or Carmax lately? 20230824_133323360_iOS

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Carvana offer was 40k for my 21 4 dr Badlands 2.7/Lux with 33k miles.
Carmax said they "need to see the vehicle" to make an offer.
I guess the party is over for those great offers of just 2 years ago.
We sold two vehicles to Carvana in 2021 for more than we paid for them new just a few years before. Those days are over. Our dealer sells new for $100 over their “cost” and then they subtract any rebates/incentives. Because of that we usually buy new cars for 15-25% below MSRP from them. Bronco prices didn’t have any incentives and margin were tighter so we paid 11% below MSRP for our Bronco. I wasn’t happy paying more than I’m used to but, relative to the outrageous prices I saw being paid for Broncos, I was ok with it. My point is, Carvana has its place and if your timing is right they make sense. My other point is, if you find a dealer who isn’t a crook, “good” deals are always available.

Sponsored

lil_mule_4x4

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Local Ford dealer near me has 4 Bronco’s with 10k added to MSRP🤬not selling by the way.
Exactly! My local dealer has kept 4 Bronco's for all of 2023. My original order that was given up due to my local dealer's greed is still on the lot. I agreed to $1,500 ADM originally, then due to the dealer's greed the ADM was pushed up to $15,000. After A YEAR on the lot, it still has a markup of $5K. There Yellowstone heritage just hit the lot with, get this, what they call "MSRP" of $12K above sticker, which is also available for viewing. Apparently, independent dealerships have the authority to make up ANY PRICE THEY CHOOSE, regardless of Ford's actual sticker MSRP.

My first time purchasing a new vehicle has taught me volumes about the car business. It amazes me what SOME traditional franchise dealerships will do in the name of greed. Instead of adding a customer, potentially for life, they guaranteed that this potential customer will never spend a dollar with them, for ever. All Ford dealers are NOT the same. Spend your time wisely and find the dealer that stands by their word. Too bad that I have to go out of state to visit mine...

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm pretty sure being almost 3 years old with over 30k miles has everything to do with that.
Ha. Facts.

"Hi, this is Chad from Carvana.
Just a few things. Could we see the vehicle and get a sense if you have been, you know....

how do folks say it?
Off Road."

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I do watch the values of Broncos- and also the other vehicles I own. I have no intention of selling or trading any of them, especially the Bronco. I just want to know my equity. I tend buy vehicles either at a very good deal with tenacious negotiating or get kind of lucky like I did with my Bronco Basesquatch 2 door with 2.7 so that I do have equity. I paid a little over 40K for it, which I still consider it a good deal so if it's worth 35-40K right now, I am very happy with that.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Paid one dollar under sticker for my reserved/ordered 22 BL. . Some at the time paid ADM in order to get a Bronco. My as ordered Bronco today would have a sticker price of nine thousand more . Those who paid ADM back then did so at low interest rates. I bet in the end the cost isn’t much different and they took ownership of their bronco that much sooner.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You did pretty good. My 2021 BMW 540 with MSRP of $75000 only worth about $35000 now. I don’t care though ;)
BMW and Mercedes absolutely dump in value especially when the warranty expires because they're overengineered junk and expensive to repair.
Sponsored