Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One trip to Baja clogged both truck’s filters after a few days. Depends on use case. I love this option but I’m too weary of dust and water protection. I wonder if there’s a way to reroute the filters to inside the vehicle?

Real question is where would ARB mount it? Hard to say if theircompressor would last longer under the heat by the engine or out in the elements?
Excellent! Real world experience

so once (I assume you’ve been more than once, and I have been zero) you clogged both filters on an arb air compressor running it for days.
Where was it mounted ? You ran it non stop whiler there? On purpose or accident? I would think you would only need it intermittently

the other times it worked fine?

I’ve had toclean crane and 18 wheeler filters at 100 hours, but that’s been in some real real dusty plants and had to pull the housings apart as well. And the pre filters caught most. But even at 100 hours that’s 200 uses of an equivalent arb compressor.

I love actual examples!
He said both truck’s [engine] air filters were clogged after a few days — not surprising in Baja, because truck engine air filters are in use whenever the engine is running.

Guys, this is not rocket science. ARB compressor filters are very simple — sintered bronze filter disks inside plastic filter housings — and they’re very easy to maintain.

Ford Bronco Pre-order live!! A new innovative ARB Twin Compressor mount (within spare tire mount) 1494F7E0-C317-4D56-8066-746D284B24B7

Simply remove the filter cover from the filter housing to expose the sintered filter disk. Remove the disk and place it under running water for a quick and thorough cleaning. If the compressor is used often, best practice would be to clean the filter during every engine oil change.

And if the filter location is not ideal, simply relocate them back inside the cargo bay…

Ford Bronco Pre-order live!! A new innovative ARB Twin Compressor mount (within spare tire mount) 97CB9415-AE76-4FC5-834E-E4A63F522C65

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He said both truck’s [engine] air filters were clogged after a few days — not surprising in Baja, because truck engine air filters are in use whenever the engine is running.

Guys, this is not rocket science. ARB compressor filters are very simple — sintered bronze filter disks inside plastic filter housings — and they’re very easy to maintain.

Ford Bronco Pre-order live!! A new innovative ARB Twin Compressor mount (within spare tire mount) 97CB9415-AE76-4FC5-834E-E4A63F522C65

Simply remove the filter cover from the filter housing to expose the sintered filter disk. Remove the disk and place it under running water for a quick and thorough cleaning. If the compressor is used often, best practice would be to clean the filter during every engine oil change.

And if the filter location is not ideal, simply relocate them back inside the cargo bay…

So like I’ve been saying. Literally a non issue. Ever

sunpro2010

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Raptor (9-7 build day)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thank you for this input! They are easy to change but getting to them inside the spare mount was my concern. Didn’t know they offered a relocation for them that’s a perfect solution. Again thank you for the information

Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this is the route I would go, I would like to purchase this.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interested forsure but would love @DoYouBronco to possibly collaborate with his tailgate support mount!

Second to everyones question about exposure to the elements.. this is why I ask 😭 it would be heavily CAKED with clay, dust, dirt etc haha

20220903_144939.jpg

20220903_150551.jpg

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

THAT is cool AF!🥹🥹🥹🥹

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This may be the best aftermarket part install, without looking like an aftermarket part install of all time. (y)

boomboomthump

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While this is a creative use of space, take a look at the instructions directly from ARB (pg 1)...

The compressors should not be exposed to rain water runoff.

I think the main appeal (beyond the "oh cool, it fits there") is the externally accessible air-hose hookup (have seen people complain the opening the hood is "a pain"). If that's the case, you can run an air line and hookup to the rear bumper area easily from the under hood mounted setups.

Cool location but some valid concerns have been raised in all 10 pages of this thread so far, which have gone unanswered.

Also, I've only seen one person ask about the air pressure flaps. I had the same question as well. Cant tell from the photos if the bracket is right against them and prevents them from opening or not when you try to close the side doors.

Ford Bronco Pre-order live!! A new innovative ARB Twin Compressor mount (within spare tire mount) arb CKMTA12

Sponsored

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

....and the dream slowly vanishes.......:p Kidding

Looks like a great idea and obviously is one of the coolest looking ideas for the ARB compressor but depends on application for sure.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While this is a creative use of space, take a look at the instructions directly from ARB (pg 1)...

The compressors should not be exposed to rain water runoff.

I think the main appeal (beyond the "oh cool, it fits there") is the externally accessible air-hose hookup (have seen people complain the opening the hood is "a pain"). If that's the case, you can run an air line and hookup to the rear bumper area easily from the under hood mounted setups.

Cool location but some valid concerns have been raised in all 10 pages of this thread so far, which have gone unanswered.

Also, I've only seen one person ask about the air pressure flaps. I had the same question as well. Cant tell from the photos if the bracket is right against them and prevents them from opening or not when you try to close the side doors.

Ford Bronco Pre-order live!! A new innovative ARB Twin Compressor mount (within spare tire mount) arb CKMTA12
Define excessive moisture. The compressor would not be "directly" exposed to road spray or runoff. Sure, it could be indirectly exposed to mist and dripping, but the warning for #5 sounds like more than that. Regardless, I bet a shield could be constructed that would deflect dripping from above.

Warning #13 is more of CWA advisory. Use a wire with the appropriate gauge, and this is a non-issue.
Sponsored