First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If by "delivery charge" you mean "destination" then it is absolutely the same across the country. The point of destination is to have even fees no matter how far the vehicle has travelled. It's a manufacturer fee. Not a dealer fee.

A dealer in another state may add their own fee to the destination but the destination fee stays the same.

Manufacturer baseline MSRP stays the same. Dealer prices, packages, and additions may vary.
As I mentioned, I did extensive shopping and found not only "destination and delivery" varied, but so did the cost of some options. Here are partial window stickers of literally the first two Mustangs I searched:
Ford Bronco Price expectations? Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 1.14.17 PM

Ford Bronco Price expectations? Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 1.14.34 PM
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As I mentioned, I did extensive shopping and found not only "destination and delivery" varied, but so did the cost of some options. Here are partial window stickers of literally the first two Mustangs I searched:

This isn't a change for different states. Destination prices can change, even in a model year. Likely these two vehicles were shipped at different times.

My point still stands. MSRP and destination do not change state by state.

Looking at the price hikes on various Ford models from the last week I could also bring up two exact same models with different MSRPs. It doesn't matter what state they are in just that the window sticker was printed before or after the price change.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This isn't a change for different states. Destination prices can change, even in a model year. Likely these two vehicles were shipped at different times.

My point still stands. MSRP and destination do not change state by state.

Looking at the price hikes on various Ford models from the last week I could also bring up two exact same models with different MSRPs. It doesn't matter what state they are in just that the window sticker was printed before or after the price change.
The discussion got side-tracked from my original comment: "that there absolutely are different MSRP prices on the same vehicle in the U.S."

Whatever the reason, it is very possible and very easy to be looking at to otherwise substantially similar vehicles and see different prices both for delivery and even options. I thought that was part of the original question--someone asking if the price of their vehicle could differ from someone else's, even with the same options. Maybe I misunderstood the original question.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The discussion got side-tracked from my original comment: "that there absolutely are different MSRP prices on the same vehicle in the U.S."

Whatever the reason, it is very possible and very easy to be looking at to otherwise substantially similar vehicles and see different prices both for delivery and even options. I thought that was part of the original question--someone asking if the price of their vehicle could differ from someone else's, even with the same options. Maybe I misunderstood the original question.
The original post references both changes to pricing as well as regional pricing.

Looking back I see you didn't directly refer to it but I had assumed you were saying that MSRP and destination pricing is affected by region. Which it isn't.

We are both just clearing up some information.

So, yes, MSRP and destination can change but it is a national change and not regional.

OP
OP
Tataman

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for providing. Thatā€™s interesting.

Based on the discussion with the rep, I was concerned there could be an additional cost over msrp if I happened to live in a region with high demand for the Bronco. I donā€™t know how many reservations there are in Arizona, but was thinking there could be a big demand given the way Raptors sell around here.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for providing. Thatā€™s interesting.

Based on the discussion with the rep, I was concerned there could be an additional cost over msrp if I happened to live in a region with high demand for the Bronco. I donā€™t know how many reservations there are in Arizona, but was thinking there could be a big demand given the way Raptors sell around here.
The main factor on price will be your dealer (and other dealers accessible to you). Ford cannot legally force a dealer to sell a vehicle at a specific price. Typically when a new vehicle is in high demand (example, the Shelby GT350/R), dealers will charge a huge markup over MSRP.

However, those vehicles are usually lower-volume sellers. If you can't get a deal for no more than MSRP, I'd shop around. I think MSRP should be considered a worst-case scenario. Depending on how far you are willing to go for your vehicle and/or how much work you want put into it, you could get an even better price. (But most likely that will involve getting your Bronco from fairly far away. I think there's a San Diego dealer doing better than MSRP. Otherwise, you might be going all the way to Iowa.)

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would like an accurate estimate on price of a configured build. Is that too much too ask?

The b&p still shows $600 for rock rails on the bd and bl models. The rep at ford said the rocks are only standard on the 2 door, not the 4 door. This is totally inconsistent with what is currently on the web site! This isnā€™t rocket surgery.
What the hell is rocket surgery? Maybe that's why they can't get the b&p correct.
Ford Bronco Price expectations? 1609307550623

OP
OP
Tataman

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What the hell is rocket surgery? Maybe that's why they can't get the b&p correct.
Ford Bronco Price expectations? 1609307550623
Ha. Had an old coach that would inadvertently mix up phrases. Crossed rocket scientist with brain surgeon- love it! Making a simple thing harder than it needs to be. I think that phrase works perfectly for the b&p tool.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
But call it what it is and stop calling it a B&P error and blaming the B&P developers. They thoroughly tested the B&P to ensure it reflected Ford's original pricing intent.
To think that Ford intended to included a ā€freeā€ $1,595 auto transmission in a $1,495 Mid Package on a vehicle that is likely sold out for a yearā€™s production defies all logic.

Ford screwed up the B&P (bad and somewhat hard to believe, but not the end of world if they had just fessed up). Instead they waited 2 months to rectify, which is just inexcusable, but par for their entire launch process. Nothing they do now surprises me.

Ford is incompetent not Machiavellian.

Last edited:

MotoCeptorMan

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2013 Ram, 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To think that Ford intended to included a ā€freeā€ $1,595 auto transmission in a $1,495 Mid Package on a vehicle that is likely sold out for a yearā€™s production defies all logic.

Ford screwed up the B&P (bad and somewhat hard to believe, but not the end of world if they had just fessed up). Instead they waited 2 months to rectify, which is just inexcusable, but par for their entire launch process. Nothing they do now surprises me.

Ford is incompetent not Machiavellian.
Then they also screwed up the dealer pricing guide document.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Then they also screwed up the dealer pricing guide document.
The thing that looks and sounds like it was put together by BN with non PC phrases like ā€œgranny gearā€? Iā€˜m not surprised that document had errors but it is very surprising that Ford would have used that as the basis for B&P.

Note I use the term ā€surprisedā€œ to reflect my opinion of Ford 6 months ago, when I would have bet you a huge sum that no major car company would bungle communication and make the kind of errors that Ford has made in this launch. Iā€˜m no longer surprised by anything they do and happy I didnā€™t make any bets!
Sponsored