Sponsored

Price Protection 2023 -- why certificate may not show up?

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That was for 2022. This thread is for 2023 which is different. Should all show up as a certificate to be applied at the time of sale. Key word "SHOULD". As usual, the program is Fubar like everything else with the launch so far.
Mine is a ‘22 that hasn’t been delivered. I should get ‘22MY pricing still, right? I believe PP was based on model year you get not calendar year you buy right?
Sponsored

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think lasts years PP worked the way you describe. This years is simpler, one amount at time of purchase. I’m not sure if it’s off MSRP (as would make sense) or rebate after everything is calculated. I suppose it’s possible your truck is still on old program ? IDK.
So were you an original reservation holder? If you got a ‘23 build they basically screw you out of $2000 if you get an MY23 even if you reserved and paid before 3/19/21?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is a ‘22 that hasn’t been delivered. I should get ‘22MY pricing still, right? I believe PP was based on model year you get not calendar year you buy right?
Yes, goes by model yearZ

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. It is based on MY. Your PP is handled as your dealer described. One cert will be applied at the time of the sale. And the remaining will be issued as a check once the dealer is reimbursed. For MY'23, it is all one cert for now until mid-year price increase takes effect. Then it will be handled the same as the MY'22.5 PP.

Why some of the MY'23 certs are "expired" and needing to be extended? No one can definitively say other than SNAFU.

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, goes by model yearZ
Phew…hopefully they don’t try and pull one over on me and give me the ‘23 private offer only and not the ‘22. This is so stressful not only waiting so long for delivery but having to worry about all the pricing issues going on since new year. Cant wait for this to be over hopefully in next week or two for me. The last few months have felt like a year!

Sponsored

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. It is based on MY. Your PP is handled as your dealer described. One cert will be applied at the time of the sale. And the remaining will be issued as a check once the dealer is reimbursed. For MY'23, it is all one cert for now until mid-year price increase takes effect. Then it will be handled the same as the MY'22.5 PP.

Why some of the MY'23 certs are "expired" and needing to be extended? No one can definitively say other than SNAFU.
Thanks for confirming and clear explanation. Hopefully Ford figured out this Snafu fast otherwise a lot of dealers will be dealing with pissed off customers come pick up day when this surprise hits them in the office signing paperwork.
Good luck everyone!

OP
OP
Wilson66

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hate to say it but “Good Luck”. I have no idea what you might get. But should either get what described , a rebate plus a check later, or a similar amount all at once. Also depends to some degree on when you actually ordered.

OP
OP
Wilson66

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So were you an original reservation holder? If you got a ‘23 build they basically screw you out of $2000 if you get an MY23 even if you reserved and paid before 3/19/21?
Yes original reservation holder. But not screwed, the amount of the single payout is basically the equivalent or more than the two payouts combined.

Sponsored

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just started this next crap on Tuesday, Monday mine was finally delivered, dealer said no certificate, 7/18/20 reserve, ordered 3/18 and again in October. Dealer will not do anything, Ford just gives me the run around. I just sent info I found on here to dealer, but does anybody know exactly who the dealer needs to contact? I was supposed to pick up tomorrow and now I don’t how long they will hold it before they sale to someone else. Two and half years and now this.

OP
OP
Wilson66

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just started this next crap on Tuesday, Monday mine was finally delivered, dealer said no certificate, 7/18/20 reserve, ordered 3/18 and again in October. Dealer will not do anything, Ford just gives me the run around. I just sent info I found on here to dealer, but does anybody know exactly who the dealer needs to contact? I was supposed to pick up tomorrow and now I don’t how long they will hold it before they sale to someone else. Two and half years and now this.
I sent this to my dealer. But unclear if it was the magic bullet or not.

90D47C05-6C02-4686-892F-36961BD8B686.jpeg

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sent this to my dealer. But unclear if it was the magic bullet or not.

Ford Bronco Price Protection 2023 -- why certificate may not show up? 90D47C05-6C02-4686-892F-36961BD8B686
Thank you, just making sure. I sent that today from your earlier post.

OP
OP
Wilson66

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you, just making sure. I sent that today from your earlier post.
Not sure your exact situation. But I originally visited Dealer on a Monday to take delivery. Walked away, had some contact over next couple days , finally took delivery by Thursday. My dealership was as cool as could be expected and ultimately figured it out… my take, it’s probably not terribly uncommon. They should be able to contact someone to link up your early reservation to your order.
Sponsored