Analog Kid

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How does price protection work? The dealer honored MSRP, which was great, but the price still went up several hundred dollars from MY21 to MY22. I asked the dealer about it when we purchased last month and was told this is something Ford would care take of with points via FordPass Rewards once we took delivery. So, after literally hours on the phone over several days trying to get someone at Ford who knew anything about it -- no one in Ford Finance or Ford Customer Care did -- I finally reached a woman in Bronco Marketing. After initially denying that such a program existed, she eventually confessed that this program did exist but Ford had no way of making good on it as it was completely a dealer obligation. I asked how this could be the case if Ford corporate was the one that very publicly made this promise, and is the one that controls the points getting into my account? Apparently this question wasn't on her scripted list of answers as she had no substantive response (other than "the dealers have resources, and Ford has resources"...whatever that means). Any tips or guidance is much appreciated, thanks.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

She's right. The price protection voucher is in the Smart Vincent system in your name/address. The dealer will submit the redemption code on the voucher to Ford corporate which they will then be reimbursed at a later time.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While my Bronco hasn’t arrived just yet, I did reach to my dealer last Thursday about this very topic.
They seemed to be pretty hazy about it too. They mentioned they were aware of it but would only refund money once they were reimbursed by Ford.
That didn’t sound correct to me so I am digging more into it before my bronco arrives in the next week or two.
There is a thread that mentioned that the credit is in something called Smart Vincent that the dealer can get into.

Braaap

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
Analog Kid

Analog Kid

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Right on, thanks all -- sounds promising and will give this Smart Vincent a shot. I should have started here first!
Sponsored