Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's downward pressure from interest rates and the fact that the bronco has been out long enough now that folks have had time to drive them, realize it's not a crossover, and then trade them in.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There's downward pressure from interest rates and the fact that the bronco has been out long enough now that folks have had time to drive them, realize it's not a crossover, and then trade them in.
Same thing happens with Jeeps. A bunch of people are sorely mistaken when they drive it for awhile and realize ya don't get all the creature comforts and sometimes it takes effort to have a bluetooth phone conversation at highway speeds.

Eh, better for the rest of us who love these kinds of vehicles.

3G & 6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 SuperDuty, misc others
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
nonsense:
CRSLTxy.jpg
Um, yeah, if you're using BaT as your benchmark then prices will always be inflated.

Seeing lots of price drops here. You can use a couple of different sites to see pricing changes as inventory sits unsold. I've been tracking a 2Dr BD that is now $49k, started at $55k. Another 2Dr Badlands that started at $58k is now $53k. They've both been sitting for a while. (both used, BD with delivery miles only, the BL with a couple k)

It's hard to see what dealers are really asking for new ones. Many listings only show MSRP for units in transit, but many times that is not what they ask for them.

Last edited:

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope! You're in denial if you don't see what's happening. There is a shat ton of inventory and pre-owned now that wasn't available a month ago.
Believe what you will.
You didn't provide any proof or even one example. I expect people to not believe you when all they see are the over MSRP prices.

Sponsored

Ewebster

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This may also be dependant on your area, here in south texas along coastline i see a high demand still with no slowdown in price hikes and used badlands going for 70k
It's still stupid high in Houston $10K-$15K over sticker.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Um, yeah, if you're using BaT as your benchmark then prices will always be inflated.

Seeing lots of price drops here. You can use a couple of different sites to see pricing changes as inventory sits unsold. I've been tracking a 2Dr BD that is now $49k, started at $55k. Another 2Dr Badlands that started at $58k is now $53k. They've both been sitting for a while. (both used, BD with delivery miles only, the BL with a couple k)

It's hard to see what dealers are really asking for new ones. Many listings only show MSRP for units in transit, but many times that is not what they ask for them.
BaT, as a highly visible marketplace that’s accessible to people all over the US, is a much better indication of overall market conditions than a few people here reporting what they’ve seen at their local dealerships.

If BaT is truly overpriced by any significant margin, then (1) the buyers there are idiots, and (2) there is still significant arbitrage for anyone who wants to sell there.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Prices are still above MSRP around here but lower than 6 months ago. Many people have higher payments(car, mortgage, credit cards) than they can afford and if the inflation keeps up at this 8%+ rate for another year, you’re going to see more downward pressure on new and used cars of all types. Let’s hope we can avoid a deep and prolonged recession but the Fed always seems to get it wrong.

Nacho

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I do believe the 2 door drop. That seems to have data on bring a trailer to back it up.

We live in more door America. Bigger is better. More room. More stuff. This is why aftermarket caters to 4 door first. Yes, the true Bronco is 2 door, but get over it, 4 door is now.

thanos-the-way.gif

Sponsored

KCBroncoJH

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been seeing around $5-10k over MSRP in the Kansas City Metro area. They seem to be sitting on the lots longer at that markup then before. I have found two dealers in the area selling at $2.5k over MSRP. At that price they have been moving them quickly.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
BaT, as a highly visible marketplace that’s accessible to people all over the US, is a much better indication of overall market conditions than a few people here reporting what they’ve seen at their local dealerships.

If BaT is truly overpriced by any significant margin, then (1) the buyers there are idiots, and (2) there is still significant arbitrage for anyone who wants to sell there.
The BaT user winning a lot of the 6G Bronco auctions with a penchant for Wildtraks but now targeting BRaptors and F150 Lightnings is supposedly a Las Vegas dealer probably with a ridiculous inventory financial floor-plan not concerned with losing anything/everything since it will be the bank(s) problem. Every bid amount from this user ends in 022, check it out…https://bringatrailer.com/member/halfelven/

3G & 6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 SuperDuty, misc others
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You're right - there is still significant opportunity for inflated sales prices. But there will always be that opportunity on BaT more so than traditional sales channels. The nationwide exposure is one of the reasons.

I wouldn't call the buyers on BaT idiots, but I would say that they are more willing to overspend than almost all other channels except the big in-person auctions (Mecum, BJ, etc). They are paying a premium for the ease of search and execution of transaction. OK, some are idiots ;) . (many buyers still have to pay shipping on top of the sold price, and all buyers pay a 5% buyers fee too).

BaT is a small player in the volume of Broncos being sold and I wouldn't use it as a reflection of the nationwide market. It's a niche sales channel with niche buyers. My $0.02, take it for what it's worth.

BaT rocks for finding unique vehicles. It was even better when it first started and they didn't allow new cars. The Bronco's time in the limelight as a unique vehicle is coming to an end as more are produced. How long that will take is anyone's guess, but I think we are close.
Sponsored