Sponsored

Pricing Protection - Golden Ticket 2022->2023 Bronco Raptor => Your Ideas / Successes Requested

Mordraq

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Focus
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Did a fair amount of searching and could not find a chain on this specific scenario.

Based on the Ford documentation where they state IF reservation was placed before March 11, 2022 and model didn't change dramatically (my words on 2nd part); then there is some price protection.

Here is my scenario (and I'm sure some others):
* Reservation back on Day 2 in 2021
* Order for Badlands filed
* Won the "Golden Lottery" March 2022 and Raptor order commitment by Ford /me put in system late March
* Formal 2022 order kicked to 2023 due to supply constraints
* 2023 Raptor is $5k+ more than prior year and order was auto-carried forward

Based on generic logic above, my scenario has no price protection as my trim level changed significantly a couple weeks post March 11, 2022 (earliest possible for Raptor). Based on reasonable logic (yes I know, haha); I moved to their new program on their timing at the earliest date possible. They missed a 2022 order commitment, and now I pay $5k more for the same in 2023. Seems like a reasonable argument to escalate up specific to golden ticket winners.

Sarcastic comments to the side; any other views on this argument? Anyone had any traction against this Golden Ticket scenario or a similar one via escalating to Ford Marketing? There was zero control on customer's part to order any earlier and Ford missed it's commit.

=Mordraq
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We don't know the full details yet.

But my guess based on what they've said so far is Ford will give you a private offer that covers the MSRP increases between 2022 and 2023. This covers both your costs and the dealer's costs. So you should be paying whatever price you agreed upon with your dealer when you placed your Raptor order back in March... or whatever agreement you made with your dealer when you placed the 2023 order.

OP
OP

Mordraq

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Focus
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

We don't know the full details yet.

But my guess based on what they've said so far is Ford will give you a private offer that covers the MSRP increases between 2022 and 2023. This covers both your costs and the dealer's costs. So you should be paying whatever price you agreed upon with your dealer when you placed your Raptor order back in March... or whatever agreement you made with your dealer when you placed the 2023 order.
Helpful. What is the source of this thinking? Is it hopeful articulation on common sense, or something from Ford or a dealer we can specifically reference?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This doesn't apply to golden ticket holders. None of us switched to Raptor for 2023. We had carryover 2022 orders. Still.. Ford hasn't guaranteed that there will be price protection for carryovers, but the FAQ specifically says, "switching".

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mordraq

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Focus
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Agree, important difference in terminology.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This doesn't apply to golden ticket holders. None of us switched to Raptor for 2023. We had carryover 2022 orders. Still.. Ford hasn't guaranteed that there will be price protection for carryovers, but the FAQ specifically says, "switching".
The phrase comes to mind that you can wish in one hand and sh-t in the other...

The Bronco Raptor is a Ford Performance trim. When has Ford ever guaranteed price protection on a Ford Performance trim?

I get that none of you "switched" voluntarily for MY'23. But the Golden Ticket lottery required you to respond and choose to be considered. Seems as if no one was promised a MY'22 Bronco Raptor just that you would be given a chance to order a MY'22 Bronco Raptor. That lottery isn't without risk. You were giving up your original reservation/build for the chance.

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I feel like this subject got worn out pretty quickly when we got bumped from 2022-2023 MY.

Unfortunately it appears that in all written policy that was pushed out for the 23MY, the answer for us Raptor owners is that we DO NOT qualify for any type of price protection. We gave that up when we accepted our Golden Tickets. I called my dealer, I also called Ford, and then chatted with them... all answers were the same. Price Protection is not included with the Raptor.

For all of the other early reservation holders, it appears that you all do still get the Price Protection as long as you ordered on time, and haven't made some significantly major change, or changed to a limited edition.

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm not trying to prevent anyone from getting what they deserve... I think we all want Price Protection, but I'm being told on multiple levels that by Ford that Raptors dont get PP.

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I called Ford marketing department today they said I had a price protection certificate for my order # and gave me the certificate number. Total amount for the price protection was not provided. The certificate number should be presented to the dealer at time of delivery.

Day one reservation holder, golden ticket, 2022 raptor push to 2023

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I called Ford marketing department today they said I had a price protection certificate for my order # and gave me the certificate number. Total amount for the price protection was not provided. The certificate number should be presented to the dealer at time of delivery.

Day one reservation holder, golden ticket, 2022 raptor push to 2023
I don't see how this would work given GT holders were specifically told they give up an 2021 price protections when we switched to Raptor which is a major trim level change. Maybe those certs are still tied to the reservation, but I highly doubt they will work guess we will find out.

stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco, 2012 F350, 2019 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't see how this would work given GT holders were specifically told they give up an 2021 price protections when we switched to Raptor which is a major trim level change. Maybe those certs are still tied to the reservation, but I highly doubt they will work guess we will find out.
We gave up 2021 price protection on our original Bronco build, not 2022 price protection on the Raptor Bronco we switched to and did not receive. All of the emails an talks with Ford I had indicated I would get a 2022 Bronco Raptor before my original Badlands when I switched.
Sponsored