Sponsored

Pricing Protection - Golden Ticket 2022->2023 Bronco Raptor => Your Ideas / Successes Requested

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Maybe you missed this part. "guess we will find out". I am in the same stupid boat, I dont need to accept it. You continue the fight, I know what I am talking about and I will find out when I pick up my Raptor in two months.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mordraq

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Focus
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I called Ford marketing department today they said I had a price protection certificate for my order # and gave me the certificate number. Total amount for the price protection was not provided. The certificate number should be presented to the dealer at time of delivery.

Day one reservation holder, golden ticket, 2022 raptor push to 2023
Thanks Finbox. This is a helpful data point.

To the rest of the posters, the intent of this post was to drive ideas to close this gap and/or share successes in doing so. While there will inevitably be those folks who want to drag it down, please do continue to keep the data points coming!

=M

stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco, 2012 F350, 2019 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am still hopeful for Price Protection as my backdoor order tracking page still shows the 2022 pricing for my Raptor and I have been unscheduled clean on a 2023 Raptor since mid-September.

OP
OP

Mordraq

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Focus
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just called Ford Marketing and (unlike a month ago) was told for my carryover 22->23 raptor, I DO have price protection. They shared a certificate number. I asked for the amount and he wouldn't commit, but said it should keep the "base price of the Raptor consistent from '22->'23". He also said it was "up to the dealer" to honor it (oh boy). This should be fun ... I just left the dealer a voicemail.

For context, this is the same dealer that told me the required large ADM on my golden ticket was the same everywhere in my city. After sharing back contacts with MSRP or MSRP+$5k from all other 6 dealers, they told me to just take my business (and leave my allocation) elsewhere.

Last edited:

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just called Ford Marketing and (unlike a month ago) was told for my carryover 22->23 raptor, I DO have price protection. They shared a certificate number. I asked for the amount and he wouldn't commit, but said it should keep the "base price of the Raptor consistent from '22->'23". He also said it was "up to the dealer" to honor it (oh boy). This should be fun ... I just left the dealer a voicemail.

For context, this is the same dealer that told me the required large ADM on my golden ticket was the same everywhere in my city. After sharing back contacts with MSRP or MSRP+$5k from all other 6 dealers, they told me to just take my business (and leave my allocation) elsewhere.
So, did they say, in this scenario, if Ford will reimburse the dealer or will the dealer have to eat the difference?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mordraq

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Focus
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So, did they say, in this scenario, if Ford will reimburse the dealer or will the dealer have to eat the difference?
I specifically asked how it worked and he said that he did not know. He felt it was the dealer getting reimbursed at a later time post sell (they submit back to Ford). If anyone else here gets more color; we'd all appreciate it. I will share what I get if/when my dealer responds.

jcingle

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor (on order)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I called Ford/Bronco Marketing Support (the 800 number) and I got my certificate number as well as value amount. The value was only $800 and it expires on 12/31/22. This doesn't really help me as my Bronco won't be delivered until next year (was told from dealer I was getting their January allocation). Regarding the $800 value - I don't know if that was because I was a Day 1 reservation holder (First Edition), converted to Golden Ticket Raptor, ordered in February 22, pushed to MY23.

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I called Ford/Bronco Marketing Support (the 800 number) and I got my certificate number as well as value amount. The value was only $800 and it expires on 12/31/22. This doesn't really help me as my Bronco won't be delivered until next year (was told from dealer I was getting their January allocation). Regarding the $800 value - I don't know if that was because I was a Day 1 reservation holder (First Edition), converted to Golden Ticket Raptor, ordered in February 22, pushed to MY23.
Maybe you could use it as a down payment at the dealership in addition to the $100 you have already paid for the reservation.

Green Giant

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am still hopeful for Price Protection as my backdoor order tracking page still shows the 2022 pricing for my Raptor and I have been unscheduled clean on a 2023 Raptor since mid-September.

Mine shows the new 2023 pricing... But the whole thing is a cluster at this point anyways.

Like the original 2021 orders, I feel they should be price protected. Otherwise, hypothetically what would prevent Ford, or a dealer to just keep delaying someone on fulfillment in order to get the unit back for themselves?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is the old private offer in Smart Vincent for the previous price protection. That certificate expires on 12/31, but what they also left out is that it can only be applied to a MY'22 Bronco.

As I expect that others have received their certificate number, it is the old price protection from before the election of their Golden Ticket. At some point (I presume after 11/21 when the order banks are cleaned up), the new MY'23 private offer certificates will be loaded into Smart Vincent. For a brief time, there will be 2 certificates for each qualified buyer in Smart Vincent - the old MY'22 PP Cert. and the new MY'23 PP Cert. After the new year, the expired certs will be purged.

I'll bow out as some think I don't want others to get what they deserve. I'm not against buyers getting a rebate.

Sponsored

DPZ0622

Raptor
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
2023 MY Price Protection
Is price protection still in effect for the 2023 MY?

Ford will continue to honor MSRP pricing based on when a customer’s reservation or order was placed for similarly equipped vehicles. Previously announced price protection amounts for eligible customers are still valid, and price protection will also be provided for 2023 MY price increases. In the coming weeks, Ford will provide dealers with the 2023 MY price protection amounts for each eligible customer.

What does price protection mean?

Ford will honor pricing based on when your reservation or order was placed. Your dealer will be issued a certificate for a similarly equipped vehicle that covers pricing differences for the selected series and door configuration you reserved or ordered as of March 11, 2022. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.
In order for you to receive this price protection, your dealership will need to search for and apply the certificate at the time you take delivery of your Bronco. You will not receive an email with the discount certificate. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

Does price protection apply to Bronco special editions?

No. The Bronco Price Protection Program only applies to eligible customers. Price protection will not apply if switching to a Raptor or Heritage Limited Edition.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks Finbox. This is a helpful data point.

To the rest of the posters, the intent of this post was to drive ideas to close this gap and/or share successes in doing so. While there will inevitably be those folks who want to drag it down, please do continue to keep the data points coming!

=M
I too have a price protection certificate - HOWEVER, the only one attached to my deal as of a week or 2 ago is the $695 PP that came from the 21-22 changes on the WT hardtop to soft top change. I'm hopeful that there will be a 22-23 PP but it's not stopping me if there isnt. I already got my 220k pts converted and added to my ford pass acct even though I haven't taken delivery yet.

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think it would be really easy to solve this debate. There are a number of Raptor owners out there now. I’ve not heard any say they got price protection.

I wonder if a single one of them can show the PP rebate on their paperwork.

Are any 22 raptor owners out there sure they got their price protection that would be willing to show it on their paperwork ?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it would be really easy to solve this debate. There are a number of Raptor owners out there now. I’ve not heard any say they got price protection.

I wonder if a single one of them can show the PP rebate on their paperwork.

Are any 22 raptor owners out there sure they got their price protection that would be willing to show it on their paperwork ?
I would think some would have commented in other threads stating such if it had happened. If a MY'22 Raptor didn't receive the old MY'21 --> MY'22 PP cert applied to their order, I think it is safe to assume that the same old cert (that some claim has been given to them even though the MY'23 PP certs haven't populated Smart Vincent yet) won't apply to their MY'23 Raptor. After 11/21/22 when the order bank deadline passes to convert, the PP voodoo algorithm will ascertain the values for the new certs.
Sponsored