First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco is finally on its way to the dealer. Wondering if my pricing is correct. Wanted to check here before following up with the dealer.

-December of 2020 - Dealer agreed to invoice pricing. Spec’d out and placed order (for a 2021), with a deposit
-Due to delays, my Bronco is now a 2022, with a higher MSRP. Built and shipped.
-I have 3 emails from Ford in the last year, saying they’ll honor the 2021 pricing because of delays.

So, I’m expecting to still pay 2021 invoice price on my 2022 Bronco. Do you agree?
Sponsored

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Call the Ford marketing number and get your price protection certificate info. Also make sure your dealer looks for Smart Vincent info, I don't have a build date yet but if you search the forum for that info, it can save you some cash. And find the checklist on this site too, lots of great information there.

Congratulations!

OP
OP

BadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have the Ford marketing number to get that? I was figuring the emails from a Ford was enough

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Reservation holder Price protection is the difference between the price published for 2021 and the 2022 price. You get that price via a certificate from Ford for the difference in price between 2021 and 2022. This certificate should allow your sticker price to be reduced by the certificate amount.

For the 2022 - 2022.5 pricing protection, that is standard ford price protection is provided as a rebate that they will pay you after you buy your vehicle the difference between the price at order time, and the current MSRP when you finally buy it.

In the past, and in some cases currently, dealers will have you sign a document that assigns that rebate to the dealer, and they will reduce your purchase price by that rebate amount. This saves you taxes in many states and lets you get that price reduction right away. But many dealers are not doing that currently for whatever reason. They don't have to do it, but as a customer service, they did.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have the Ford marketing number to get that? I was figuring the emails from a Ford was enough
Your dealer can get the certificate, though sometimes they can be a pain to deal with. Ford also can get that certificate and share the number with you.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, but it is somewhat complicated.
The MY 21 to MY 22 price protection is a digital certificate.
The MY 22 to MY 22.5 is a refund to the dealer 45 days after sale.

If they are a small dealer, they may want you to pay the 22 to 22.5 increase, and then refund it to you once they get their refund. Big dealers don't usually care about floating a couple grand.

Because FoMoCo can't seem to communicate, the dealers have been struggling to figure this out. The more Broncos they have sold, generally the easier it is, since they have gone through the paperwork several times by now.

OP
OP

BadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, do I need that certificate in advance, by calling? What’s the number to call into Ford?

And, am I correct in assuming that I should be paying 2021 invoice price?

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The number to call is 800-334-4375

I'd rather have that certificate info and walk into the dealer with it.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, do I need that certificate in advance, by calling? What’s the number to call into Ford?

And, am I correct in assuming that I should be paying 2021 invoice price?
Ask your dealer. And yes, after it's all said and done you should pay the 2021 price, but you may need to pay the window sticker minus your certificate amount to get the keys.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The certificate only relates to MSRP, not dealer invoice, which is what the OP is asking about.
Sponsored