Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it wasn’t necessarily simple, but I wanted a way to store my jack on the outside of my vehicle because when it gets muddy, it’s not something I want to have to load back inside.

I used the rotopax mounting holes on my Hammer Built accessory arm and drilled holes into the Pro Eagle Jack mount to match. Before you come at me about the extra weight on the tailgate, the hinges seem to handle the weight just fine and the tailgate reinforcement is holding up with no issues, partly why the Hammer Built tailgate reinforcement is the best one out there (I may be a little biased). The main issues with this are clearance, and weight on the accessory arm. It would fare much better for me to mount the jack closer to the vehicle to alleviate some of the leverage, however I don’t think it will clear when opening the tailgate. My solution will be to add gussets along the accessory arm to prevent it from flexing. My current quick fix solution was to strap the arm to my spare tire to keep it from flexing laterally. I also had to add oracle’s flush mount taillights along with a tailgate limiter to create enough space to open the tailgate to 90°. Limiting the tailgate further caused issues with opening the rear window on my hardtop.

What are your thoughts on this, and how do you think this could be improved upon?

For reference, the weight of the jack (1.5T pro eagle), mount, and extension is about 45-50lbs combined.

I’ll keep you all updated to see if this is a viable solution after I modify the accessory arm and put some miles on it.

Ford Bronco Pro Eagle Jack Mounted to Tailgate Reinforcement IMG_7764

Ford Bronco Pro Eagle Jack Mounted to Tailgate Reinforcement IMG_7765

Ford Bronco Pro Eagle Jack Mounted to Tailgate Reinforcement IMG_7768

Sponsored

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks badass. I think you should be good depending on how silly you get offroad. I have a BAMF reinforcement myself and hang all kinds of silly shit from it. I am still convinced that an aluminum swing gate is not a long term solution for storing anything. Double swingout rear bumper is the way to go. You could hang a 40 plus all the other necessities and still be fine.

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was going to go this way, but I need the swingout of the tailgate for my shelving unit inside. My solution was to get a basket that mounts on top of the spare, and supports from the reinforcement. I can mount my Jack up there, along with other stuff as needed. No problem with flex at all.
Ford Bronco Pro Eagle Jack Mounted to Tailgate Reinforcement image3 (36)

OP
OP
Broncobro04

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to go this way, but I need the swingout of the tailgate for my shelving unit inside. My solution was to get a basket that mounts on top of the spare, and supports from the reinforcement. I can mount my Jack up there, along with other stuff as needed. No problem with flex at all.
Ford Bronco Pro Eagle Jack Mounted to Tailgate Reinforcement image3 (36)
The issue with putting it up on the spare is that’s a ton of weight on the tire carrier. I wouldn’t do it if I were you but then again, people are probably going to come at me for adding an extra 50lbs to the tailgate 😂

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The issue with putting it up on the spare is that’s a ton of weight on the tire carrier. I wouldn’t do it if I were you but then again, people are probably going to come at me for adding an extra 50lbs to the tailgate 😂
It doesn't mount to the tire carrier, as that is just moulded plastic. It mounts to a steel frame connected to the Hammer Built reinforcement. Like I said, strong, no flex, and I have no worries with it. Adding 50lbs to the reinforcement is nothing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncobro04

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First Update: driving it around the neighborhood was a little sketchy, as I imagined. There was too much leverage being mounted at the rotopax mounting holes. I drilled new holes into the accessory arm to move the jack in and up towards the fatter part of the accessory arm. It helped tremendously. It’s still going to need something more to reinforce the accessory arm, and I can’t bring it any closer as I’ve run out of taillight clearance. After I modified the mount, I had to jump on the interstate for a bit and it held up fine at 80mph. No rattling or other noises. Still don’t trust it off-road quite yet.

IMG_7787.jpeg

IMG_7785.jpeg

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We at Motley Industries are working on a couple of different solutions for storing off-road jacks inside the vehicle. I get the possible mess with mud or dust; we worry carrying the jack on the outside in the back can cause dirt and dust to foul the jack mechanism after prolonged exposure. Our all-in-one jack is a different take on lifting our rigs off-road. It's smaller, lighter, and easier to use. Plus, it has a built-in jackstand for safety. It can be stored easily inside the cargo area. That said, Motley Industries also sells the CAT off-road jack similar to the Pro Eagle you have there. We are currently working through a few storage prototypes for that style as well.
Ford Bronco Pro Eagle Jack Mounted to Tailgate Reinforcement IMG_7366
Sponsored