First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A friend who lives in the Detroit area said the local news station mentioned that Ford was not going to be able to fulfill most of the Bronco orders until 2022. Has anyone else heard that? I've not seen any news. Anything anyone can share?
Sponsored

brrke

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NA8 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sounds like the news exaggerating things for shock value again. Wouldn’t worry about it.

Ford said this in the dealer meeting that they would be still delivering reservations into 2022. So no not for shock value

OP
OP
DriversSide

DriversSide

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford said this in the dealer meeting that they would be still delivering reservations into 2022. So no not for shock value
So many orders they will be continually filling them. That makes more sense than not fulfilling until. Fulfilling through 2022 is a different thing.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Big difference between some reservations being delivered in 22 and most reservations delivered in 22.

Sponsored

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The best estimates say Ford can make 10K Broncos a month at full capacity. Since production starts in April, the best case scenario is 90K Broncos made in 2021. Ford estimates/hopes that 75% of the 165K reservations will be turned into orders. Since 124K > 90K, they will produce some 2021 Broncos in 2022. It all depends on how many actual orders Ford receives. But they are prepping customers to say delivery could slip to 2022 if they have more orders then they can build in 2021.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

giphy.gif

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford's guesstimate that 75% of the reservations will convert to orders caught me as a bit optimistic, at best. No one, even Ford, will really know anything until that window for conversions closes at the end of January. I think that Ford is playing it safe with what they're saying as far as delivering to prepare us mentally for the worst case scenario (for us anyways). That way if the reservations convert at a lower rate than what they're expecting we can be pleasantly "surprised".

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The best estimates say Ford can make 10K Broncos a month at full capacity. Since production starts in April, the best case scenario is 90K Broncos made in 2021. Ford estimates/hopes that 75% of the 165K reservations will be turned into orders. Since 124K > 90K, they will produce some 2021 Broncos in 2022. It all depends on how many actual orders Ford receives. But they are prepping customers to say delivery could slip to 2022 if they have more orders then they can build in 2021.
So, why haven't they considered either of these options:

1) Do it like they did with the Mustang... Title the first 4-months as a 2021.5 (Deliveries expected to start in June, plus July, August, and September) Model; or

2) Since there are only 4-months in the available (typical) build cycle, from June through September, 2021 (September is a typical turn-around-month, when they will Title NEW production vehicles as the following model year), why aren't they planning to Title ALL the new Bronco's as 2022 vehicles?

I don't know why anyone, including Ford, would think that they should call the Bronco's 2021, until December 31... CALENDAR year!!!

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A friend who lives in the Detroit area said the local news station mentioned that Ford was not going to be able to fulfill most of the Bronco orders until 2022. Has anyone else heard that? I've not seen any news. Anything anyone can share?
iF that is true-i most likely will be purchasing something else-so cant wait that long

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see absolutely 0 way they will convert anywhere near 75%. I mean if they do...holy cow..that would he huge. My guess is around 33%. 54,450 of 165k....unless the 165k number is complete garbage. 33% and 90k production comes in at 275k total reservations. There very well may be 275k...any updates ford...please on the 3rd qrtr earnings call update please.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see absolutely 0 way they will convert anywhere near 75%. I mean if they do...holy cow..that would he huge. My guess is around 33%. 54,450 of 165k....unless the 165k number is complete garbage. 33% and 90k production comes in at 275k total reservations. There very well may be 275k...any updates ford...please on the 3rd qrtr earnings call update please.
I believe the 165k number was unique reservation holders. So you only count once if you are holding multiple reservations. Not that it changes much, but I think that should be noted.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Fulfillment Delayed.

Just think of is a tantric purchasing..