Sponsored

Production Stuck Check-In - Mod top issue?

Murg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought at one point you saw a status change to built in tracker. Was I mistaken?
Tracker never changed. I got an email from Ford saying Order Confirmed on 2/18...(the whole 2 steps back-starting over..) you thought that probably meant shipped. No other updates in the past 10 days.
Sponsored

malpais

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some old Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the recall for those quarter windows is only for build dates November - December 2023. I just put my VIN in to the recalls web page and nothing came up. So still not sure why mine is stuck. Ford chat now refuses to help me and directs me to the dealer.

OP
OP
OverlandingPastor

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Looks like the recall for those quarter windows is only for build dates November - December 2023. I just put my VIN in to the recalls web page and nothing came up. So still not sure why mine is stuck. Ford chat now refuses to help me and directs me to the dealer.
Do you have the MOD or the MIC top?

Sponsored
OP
OP
OverlandingPastor

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Here is the official recall info. Effected build dates stop at Dec 6, 23 so what I wonder at this point is if the January builds are sitting at the plant to have the repair done but because they haven't shipped they are not officially a part of the recall.
Ford Bronco Production Stuck Check-In - Mod top issue? Glass Recall.JPG

Tx 2022

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco WT, Yukon, Porsche 911,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If I'm reading this correctly, the information for the fix will be sent out to dealers by the end of the 1st quarter when parts will then be available to order. So, that is 3/31/24. Does anyone think we will see our Mod Top Broncos before April?

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
So if they are doing QC on MOD tops due to the known recall it would make since why Heritages are stuck, but what about those with MIC? Just QC on them to be sure their windows are stable.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

OP
OP
OverlandingPastor

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The recall does not include Heritage’s. The recall is for MIC tops only.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...2-28-24-nhtsa-24510-24v142.89522/post-2170393
I saw that mentioned but it doesn't match the data we've been collecting. We see MIC tops going out but not Mod tops. We know there is a different issue with the Heritage Mod tops also so I guess it's possible they are being held for that reason and it hasn't reached official recall status. So hard to make sense of it.

Sponsored

Pc Chef

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorrento
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I'm gonna put on my tinfoil hat real quick, but what if.....

What if the dealer has some ability not to request for delivery yet for whatever reason?

Example. There's a special order vehicle at my dealership that has not yet been purchased, but been on the lot going on 2 weeks now. Maybe, my dealership's lot is too full and don't want another "potential" no sell?

Tinfoil hat off....... \(〇_o)/

OP
OP
OverlandingPastor

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm gonna put on my tinfoil hat real quick, but what if.....

What if the dealer has some ability not to request for delivery yet for whatever reason?

Example. There's a special order vehicle at my dealership that has not yet been purchased, but been on the lot going on 2 weeks now. Maybe, my dealership's lot is too full and don't want another "potential" no sell?

Tinfoil hat off....... \(〇_o)/
Could be possible but I at least know in my own case that my dealer is trying to get it there for me and has been unable to.

CB24

Big Bend
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Could be possible but I at least know in my own case that my dealer is trying to get it there for me and has been unable to.
@OverlandingPastor can somebody get this guy a raise? seriously, well done with the google sheet

Adding myself to the mix:

MIC top! with still no movement
4dr
"scheduled" 1/15
"in production 1/22.
no updates since 1/22
Pennsylvania
BB
4dr
2.3L
10auto
standard package (regretting this lol)
non SAS
No aux switches, tow package, roof rails
LED

at one point I had my sticker but now when I click on it it isn't loading. checked from multiple computers, still. no luck

do you guys think we'll at least get them in the next 2 months? trying to see if I should push back my roadtrip in April. I know its really hard to say, but I'm wondering what the normal timeline is for recalls (if that's whats going on )

OP
OP
OverlandingPastor

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

@OverlandingPastor can somebody get this guy a raise? seriously, well done with the google sheet

Adding myself to the mix:

MIC top! with still no movement
4dr
"scheduled" 1/15
"in production 1/22.
no updates since 1/22
Pennsylvania
BB
4dr
2.3L
10auto
standard package (regretting this lol)
non SAS
No aux switches, tow package, roof rails
LED

at one point I had my sticker but now when I click on it it isn't loading. checked from multiple computers, still. no luck

do you guys think we'll at least get them in the next 2 months? trying to see if I should push back my roadtrip in April. I know its really hard to say, but I'm wondering what the normal timeline is for recalls (if that's whats going on )
I've got you added! I'm in the same boat that you are. I have a very important road trip planned with my 19 year old son. We are supposed to leave April 8th. We plan to Overland in multiple spots between Louisiana and Georgia (roof rack and tent). I won't go into details but it's an important trip for the two of us to take together. If the Bronco doesn't ship in the next 3.5 weeks then I'm in a tough spot.

PlayTime

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2dr 2.3L OBX non-SAS Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

May as well add this order that I picked up last month (not sure if it's a dealer car or customer abandoned after waiting some months)

Dealer Location:Ohio
Blend: 1/17/2024
Order went in 8/17/2023
In Production 1/18/2024

Model: HE 4DR
MOD top
2.3L Manual Transmission
Mid Package
Sasquatch
Roof Rack
Tow Package
Sponsored