Sponsored

(Prolonged) Snow Setup/settings/tips for tires PSI ?

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So Im going up to Brian Head UT this week for about 4 days and it supposed to be snowing almost everyday and range from 16F to 18F degrees at it lows. I know it isn't Stunningly low....but should I lower my tires pressures once I get up to the mountain to maybe 22psi and LEAVE IT like that for a few days? Any advice would be awesome. Just wanna make sure I don't leave anything to chance.
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope snow needs a smaller footprint more pounds per square inch of pressure. Unlock your rock crawling. Snow is the opposite of sand. You don’t want to float on it. That’s why most plow trucks you see have tall skinny tires. At least that’s my experience from 30 years of driving in winter conditions.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope snow needs a smaller footprint more pounds per square inch of pressure. Unlock your rock crawling. Snow is the opposite of sand. You don’t want to float on it. That’s why most plow trucks you see have tall skinny tires. At least that’s my experience from 30 years of driving in winter conditions.
Agree but depends on the snow and if you are trying to float or get to the ground. In Iceland they run massive 44" tires to float. Tractor tires aka cookie cutters are for getting to the ground and thus better for snow in most cases. Iceland and antartica are special situations.

I am running the standard 38-40psi sasquatch tires depending on temp, bronco is staying planted going to the ski hill which is 16mile of curvy road with variable condidtions. 22psi is going to cost some gas mileage and not gain anything for this situation.

Ford Bronco (Prolonged) Snow Setup/settings/tips for tires PSI ? 1672078177961

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agree but depends on the snow and if you are trying to float or get to the ground. In Iceland they run massive 44" tires to float. Tractor tires aka cookie cutters are for getting to the ground and thus better for snow in most cases. Iceland and antartica are special situations.

I am running the standard 38-40psi sasquatch tires depending on temp, bronco is staying planted going to the ski hill which is 16mile of curvy road with variable condidtions. 22psi is going to cost some gas mileage and not gain anything for this situation.

Ford Bronco (Prolonged) Snow Setup/settings/tips for tires PSI ? 1672078177961
That’s a heck of a rig 😳. In those places you’re probably not reaching pavement lol.
Sponsored