Sponsored

Proximity, unlock issues, rear tailgate SOLVED!!!

Dreamer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2024 bronco Badlands. Ordered with tow hitch.

Bronco was delivered a few weeks ago. Rear tailgate, locked and unlocked flawlessly when my hand was put into the handle, or the black button was pushed on the rear Telge.

Tow hitch finally came in and the dealer installed it. Tow looks great. However, since the install, the rear tailgate has worked intermittently when I tried to lock it, or unlock it using my hand with the key fob in my pocket.

Any ideas on the issue or how to correct it? Or do I need to take it back to the dealer?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.
Sponsored

thedrdonna

Badlands
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Dr Badlands non-SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had something similar when I installed a new subwoofer and it was draining down the battery. I’d say check the battery level when the car’s been sitting a while, see if it’s way lower than it should be. Either way, you can at least rule out that!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Bronco was delivered a few weeks ago. Rear tailgate, locked and unlocked flawlessly when my hand was put into the handle, or the black button was pushed on the rear Telge.

Tow hitch finally came in and the dealer installed it. Tow looks great. However, since the install, the rear tailgate has worked intermittently when I tried to lock it, or unlock it using my hand with the key fob in my pocket.

Any ideas on the issue or how to correct it? Or do I need to take it back to the dealer?

Can you send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to see what I can do to assist with your tailgate concerns.

BD6G

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I don’t know if it will work for you but I had this issue on my 24. I took the key and placed it on the backside of the handle it unlocked and the rear handle has been working again. I would give this simple trick a try and see if it works for you as well.

RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (First Edition)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had something similar when I installed a new subwoofer and it was draining down the battery. I’d say check the battery level when the car’s been sitting a while, see if it’s way lower than it should be. Either way, you can at least rule out that!
See link here!
Edit hope links work

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wickedbronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet you money they didn't hook the proximity sensor back up on one of the side panels on the trunk. I would start with the drivers side panel...

Idaho Driver

Base
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2011 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a different issue. I just took my GT350 out of the garage since it had been stored all winter. When I used my key fob to lock the Bronco before I drove the Mustang, it looked the Mustang also. Bronco key fob works to lock and unlock the car now.

OP
OP

Dreamer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet you money they didn't hook the proximity sensor back up on one of the side panels on the trunk. I would start with the drivers side panel...
Issue has been solved. The comment from “ Wickedbronco” Was spot on.

Had been traveling for a few weeks so I wasn’t near the truck. Had a little time this morning and pulled back the interior trim. Sure enough the proximity antenna was attached to the side panel without a cable in it. Looking behind the rear tail light, the cable was hanging loose. Just clipped it back in and it now works perfect

Confirms to me that Ford dealerships are just sloppy and lazy when they’re doing work. They don’t pay attention to details.

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions.

Wickedbronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Issue has been solved. The comment from “ Wickedbronco” Was spot on.

Had been traveling for a few weeks so I wasn’t near the truck. Had a little time this morning and pulled back the interior trim. Sure enough the proximity antenna was attached to the side panel without a cable in it. Looking behind the rear tail light, the cable was hanging loose. Just clipped it back in and it now works perfect

Confirms to me that Ford dealerships are just sloppy and lazy when they’re doing work. They don’t pay attention to details.

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions.
Glad to help!

In general, I have very little trust in dealers… might be minor but for the amount of money they get paid, they should be perfect.
Sponsored