Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Mentioned this briefly here. Turns out that when they pull it off in the shop, the push pins get destroyed. I went from a flare that was just a centimeter off the body (not ideal but livable) to this:

1683044910579.png

And it'll stay like that for a week or more while they wait for the push pins to get into parts. :(

So, here's your PSA: ask the service department if they have the push pins in stock BEFORE they remove the flares or you'll end up driving around like an idiot with no flare or liner in your wheel well.
Unfortunately, your dealership just doesn’t know what they are doing on these. They clips do break, but my body shop only broke 4 of them when removing all four of mine to paint match.
The replacement pins pins are $2.75 each, but the dealerships will charge you $8-11 each for them. I’m attaching a picture of the part number. The part is not in their system so it’s likely they are chasin down the wrong part. The body shop was able to get them next day, there isn’t any reason that shouldn’t be able to.

IMG_5690.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
c-dubb

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Unfortunately, your dealership just doesn’t know what they are doing on these. They clips do break, but my body shop only broke 4 of them when removing all four of mine to paint match.
The replacement pins pins are $2.75 each, but the dealerships will charge you $8-11 each for them. I’m attaching a picture of the part number. The part is not in their system so it’s likely they are chasin down the wrong part. The body shop was able to get them next day, there isn’t any reason that shouldn’t be able to.

IMG_5690.png
Thank you!!

OP
OP
c-dubb

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

mrandol

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is a great tip--thank you! Can you confirm these work on the braptor? Here is a shot from the video of the ones the tech pulled off:

Ford Bronco PSA: Don't let dealer remove fender flares without confirming they have replacement push pins in stock 1683124642074
They work, but they aren't perfect. There isn't that spacer at the top of the pin, so it isn't perfect. Getting the part number I shared with you is the better way to go if you can wait.

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a great tip--thank you! Can you confirm these work on the braptor? Here is a shot from the video of the ones the tech pulled off:

Ford Bronco PSA: Don't let dealer remove fender flares without confirming they have replacement push pins in stock 1683124642074
They are using the "tech" name loosely. More like here are the ones the wrench monkey ripped out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
c-dubb

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They work, but they aren't perfect. There isn't that spacer at the top of the pin, so it isn't perfect. Getting the part number I shared with you is the better way to go if you can wait.
I ended up going with these because I can get same-day delivery. Hoping they can use them to at least temporarily attach.

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They work great actually. I removed the foam insert ring from the factory clips and reused, not sure if they are needed but figured why not. Only replaced the ones that were damaged on removal/install but had enough on hand to do them all. They fit a bit more snugly than stock and work great. We pulled all fenders and trim when the PPF was done and so again yes these are the right ones.

Also good to have extras on hand if you plan to offroad "spirited".

Ford Bronco PSA: Don't let dealer remove fender flares without confirming they have replacement push pins in stock 70044236267__8DE5A670-30C6-4207-ABFF-B308296D075C

Last edited:

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I ended up going with these because I can get same-day delivery. Hoping they can use them to at least temporarily attach.
The part number I linked you with is what you want.

The generic kit you linked to is not what you want. Those aren't two piece lock pins that hold the fender to the body. They use that type with a Phillips plastic crew center for the fender liner but god I would hope your "tech" was at least smart enough to remove those properly as it only takes a few seconds of time. Those liner 2 piece clips can be found anywhere at parts stores.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was going to say this is like the interior push clips that break with pulling panels etc, they figured out an alternate part right off Amazon.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have come to peace / am living with the rear Baja racer looking things, but if only they had followed the same downward slope on the backend of the rear flares as they did on the front flares … SMH

Ford Bronco PSA: Don't let dealer remove fender flares without confirming they have replacement push pins in stock IMG_3772

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm a bit confused with the references to "these", "those", etc.

When removing flares and liners for PPF, what are the factory (or better than factory) fasteners needed to replace ones accidentally broken? Is it one style or two? What's a reasonable estimate on quantity(ies) needed of the part(s).

Super useful info here! Thanks in advance.

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Seriously?!?!? How is that even possible?
They are not. They are the same pins they use for F150 and mustangs. I just had mine done, and they were like 60 dollars for them all. Maybe less. I’ll check my receipt

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They are not. They are the same pins they use for F150 and mustangs. I just had mine done, and they were like 60 dollars for them all. Maybe less. I’ll check my receipt
Here is the part number attached

E09E242D-6852-46A8-8AB3-50C2F5D4BB71.png

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is the part number attached

Ford Bronco PSA: Don't let dealer remove fender flares without confirming they have replacement push pins in stock E09E242D-6852-46A8-8AB3-50C2F5D4BB71
Ridiculous. You can get those at part stores and Amazon, but I recommend a parts store so you can compare sizes directly.
I mangled the threads on a tire-mounting stud on my spare tire rack: a 4" bolt, basically. I asked my dealer if he could replace it. He wanted to replace the entire spare tire mounting rack for $1100. I'll go back to him for my next periodic service and state inspection sticker, but that's the last he'll see of me.

coachoates

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs