dcliffo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Recommend everyone to check the nut on the negative battery terminal clamp.

Had my vehicle straight up die in busy stop and go traffic yesterday.
When I say die, I mean completely dead. There was 0 power running though the vehicle. No lights, chimes etc.

Popping the hood, I was able to see right away the negative battery terminal was essentially completely popped off the battery post.
I was able to push it back on and was good to go right away and get it home.

Once home, I was able to see the nut that tightens the clamp on the post was finger loose and there were metal shavings on the top of the battery around the post.
Simple socket set, some tightening and fingers crossed I hope to not have this issue again.

While the whole ordeal occurred and was over in less than 5 minutes, I know not all of us are the primary drivers of our vehicles and others may not know what to look for. Figured posting here may help if someone else or someone else's significant other has this issue and not be stranded waiting for a tow.

I can't say I ever checked this nut in the 5 months I have had the truck so far. No idea if it was always loose from the factory or, worst case, it loosened overtime and could theoretically happen again.
Last week it had a weird issue where it shut the engine down at a red light when coming off the Auto Stop-Start, but power remained on in the vehicle. Throwing it into park and it started right back up.
Right before it died yesterday in traffic, the climate blower motors seemed to be bouncing a little in revs.
Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is something others have mentioned essentially since these machines have started hitting the streets. Check the bolts for tightness in your underhood fuse panel too

OP
OP
dcliffo

dcliffo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is something others have mentioned essentially since these machines have started hitting the streets. Check the bolts for tightness in your underhand fuse panel too
Yeah, saw the post about the fuse box for sure.
If this issue was post already, I just missed it. Definity made sure to check everything else in the area and it was good and tight.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My evil plan of changing the torque specs for the battery terminal worked. I call it Analog Start Stop

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah, saw the post about the fuse box for sure.
If this issue was post already, I just missed it. Definity made sure to check everything else in the area and it was good and tight.
battery terminals have been an issue since the beginning as well.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yup, it’s probably been that way since it left the factory. I’ve had my Bronco for 5 months today and I had this issue twice on the way home from the dealer in stop and go Dallas traffic. So yeah that was fun.

Realized it was only happening on AS/S restarts, so turned it off and made it all the way home to Austin with no issue. Popped the hood and the terminal was just barely hanging onto the post. Don’t know how the dealer missed it in pre-inspection.

Brad666

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
own
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had my Bronco on beach in OBX last week, negative terminal popped off, and all the bolts in fuse box junction were loose causing all sorts of errors and messages! Tighten every thing good .. Also
had doors off, put them back on nice and tight, drove back to NY and drivers door was making a clicking sound, door bolts backed loose.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Had my door bolt, drivers side, work loose somehow, too. Kinda glad it clicks to let you know.

THE BEAST

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco 2022 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Recommend everyone to check the nut on the negative battery terminal clamp.

Had my vehicle straight up die in busy stop and go traffic yesterday.
When I say die, I mean completely dead. There was 0 power running though the vehicle. No lights, chimes etc.

Popping the hood, I was able to see right away the negative battery terminal was essentially completely popped off the battery post.
I was able to push it back on and was good to go right away and get it home.

Once home, I was able to see the nut that tightens the clamp on the post was finger loose and there were metal shavings on the top of the battery around the post.
Simple socket set, some tightening and fingers crossed I hope to not have this issue again.

While the whole ordeal occurred and was over in less than 5 minutes, I know not all of us are the primary drivers of our vehicles and others may not know what to look for. Figured posting here may help if someone else or someone else's significant other has this issue and not be stranded waiting for a tow.

I can't say I ever checked this nut in the 5 months I have had the truck so far. No idea if it was always loose from the factory or, worst case, it loosened overtime and could theoretically happen again.
Last week it had a weird issue where it shut the engine down at a red light when coming off the Auto Stop-Start, but power remained on in the vehicle. Throwing it into park and it started right back up.
Right before it died yesterday in traffic, the climate blower motors seemed to be bouncing a little in revs.
Yes this just happen to me. First time taking out the negative cable popped off everything shut down realized after I opened the hood the negative cable was loose put everything back together didn't have any 4x4 wrench light was on took it to the dealer driver side window wasn't rolling down back side rear window wasn't ceiling now they're saying they have to replace the transfer case what a nightmare I will be checking everything once I get it back from the dealer

Sponsored

TaraB

Big Bend
First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Scion TC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This happened to me this morning. I'm not vehicle nor tech savvy and I was in the middle of a busy intersection so I had it towed to the dealership I purchased it from. The first thing the mechanic saw when he popped the hood was that my cable was loose. :( $265 tow but I'm not sure what else I would have done at 8a during rush hour!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This happened to me this morning. I'm not vehicle nor tech savvy and I was in the middle of a busy intersection so I had it towed to the dealership I purchased it from. The first thing the mechanic saw when he popped the hood was that my cable was loose. :( $265 tow but I'm not sure what else I would have done at 8a during rush hour!
Ford roadside didn't cover it? You might want to make a claim with them then.

62chad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Happened to me out on the dunes. Went over a hill landed and boom everything shut off. Scared the shit out of me. But found the issue pretty quick.

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
After having some electrical gremlins, checked this on a 2023. I could have worked mine off without a wrench.

All tight now.
Sponsored