Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks! I got the FX4 package with more offroad capable front shocks, 3 skid plates, 3.73 locking rear, and Hill Decent / Rock crawl modes.
oh, thats what that includes lol i always just thought it was the decal and some skid plates.
Sponsored

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats on the truck! That's a nice looking rig.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2021 F-150 is my back-up plan if the Bronco doesn't fit my expectations for ride, fit and comfort. Gotta love what you drive.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It would be nice to see a Tremor package with 6.5ft bed on the new f-150.

C2C1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Considering doing the same and seeing what my dealer could get us into a F250 Tremor for. Still just pondering at the moment.

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nice looking truck! Happy Trails to you. If i didn’t already have two trucks at my disposal, I would probably consider a new Ford.
(2019 F250 Platinum work truck & 2018 RAM 2500 Limited Titanium Edition, wife’s Truck)
Ford Bronco Punted for a 2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 pickup truck D17FFDA2-456D-48CA-8C50-957A6AD7CCD4

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice looking truck! Happy Trails to you. If i didn’t already have two trucks at my disposal, I would probably consider a new Ford.
(2019 F250 Platinum work truck & 2018 RAM 2500 Limited Titanium Edition, wife’s Truck)
Ford Bronco Punted for a 2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 pickup truck D17FFDA2-456D-48CA-8C50-957A6AD7CCD4
you have good taste, sir(y)

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m super excited for the Bronco, but with the lack of Bronco build and Price I have been building all sorts of other vehicles including the Ranger and 2020 and 2021 F150, Tacomas, 4Runners, Mustangs, Porsches, C8s, the list goes on. Keeping within Ford, there seems to be a lot offered on some of the other models compared to the Bronco. I realize my current planned build (Lux Wildtrak) is on the pricer side of things and the Sasquatch, 2.7L and top/doors off provides a lot that other models just don’t have. I just hope it’s worth the price. We are definitely trading tech features and a polished experience for off-road capability and open air experience. I’ve had a nice F150 in the past, so I know what that vehicle is is about. I can absolutely see someone forgoing the Bronco for an F150 especially with the different planned usages.

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Staying in the Ford family but decided to go a more traditional route... '21 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport FX4 Supercrew with new 3.5-Hybrid and 7.2 kWatt onboard power.

Reasoning:
- I'm six years from retirement and want a rig to tow a "real" trailer with ease (6,000 lbs min.)
- I can pay it off before riding off into the sunset back to Texas! then touring the countryside
- for the money, it comes loaded with heaps of tech, cushy living room seats and big power!
- i've owned a couple offroad rigs for the past few years and really don't do much 'wheelin'

I know if I stuck with getting a new Bronco that I'd have to get the 4-door Badlands (yes, even though I would never use more than 25% of its capabilities), and want the 2.7 power, the High package at least with strong temptation for the Lux features. Marine vinyl would be fine but I'd probably pay even more stepping up to leather. FE would have been ideal but I missed out on it - thanks to Ford's shitty webpage creators and endless crashing on reveal night. Badlands or Wildtrak or FE would still be spittin' distance away from price paid for my ideal truck.

No matter.... I'd be spending in the mid $50K range to get the rig that I want parked in the driveway. A tick over $60K buys a 4x4 truck with more bells & whistles than I know you'd care to hear about. Even got the Co-Pilot Active 2.0 Prep package (almost a grand) that brings Level III autonomous driving on the highways with over-the-air upgrades coming late next year. Heated & cooled, lay-flat leather seats, B&O Unleashed audio, all the trailer assist features, perimeter zone lighting... list goes on and on.

It was the new Hybrid drivetrain that enticed me over to the dark-side, or at least the full-size. Figures for power, economy and towing capacity are still not published but Ford has said enough regarding best-in-class in every regard for it. So probably around 26-28 mpg highway and at least 10,000 lbs towing, maybe up to 12,000 lbs. Add to that the onboard power storage with all the attributes of a midsized generator for off-grid campsite and it really is the ideal retirement rig.

Don't hate on my too much. I still plan to hang around this forum and keep feeding my fantasy itch to ride around like Schwarzenegger in a zombie-apocalypse badass Bronco. And I know that a bit of envy will hit me every time I see one on the road when that magical time finally comes next year... cheers!

Congrats on the decision. I have played around with B&P myself looking at the new 2021 F-150 powerboost hybrid. I seriously considering until I saw a teaser video by TFL truck that Ford is testing a Tremor F-150. I may wait until that debut's and with the horsepower an torque numbers they are getting from this new powertrain I might be able to have both, the F-150 Tremor with powerboost hybrid.
Will be hard to pass on the BL Bronco!!!!

Stimpy

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn you, I've been eyeballing the exact same setup in Carbonized Gray. I sold my truck in March planning on buying a new one next year, then I saw the Bronco this summer and I was sold on the open air experience. I'm trying to hold strong for a Bronco, but it's hard knowing I can pick up this rig a lot sooner. The only thing keeping me from picking up another F-150 at this point is that my wife is looking forward to going topless in the Bronco.

RMG72

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sponsored

Last edited: