PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agree 100%. Lease is based on projected residual value. I considered that and if it is higher after 3 years, buy it and flip it if I don't want it, buy it and keep it if I do. Still on the fence on whether to buy or lease...
Have you done this? How successful were you? I never thought of this angle. My Tahoe is up this year, and the residual is $36, I believe. Quick kbb look up says I can sell for $42 on my own. That's a $6k turnaround.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have you done this? How successful were you? I never thought of this angle. My Tahoe is up this year, and the residual is $36, I believe. Quick kbb look up says I can sell for $42 on my own. That's a $6k turnaround.
I have not, but know others who have. Never leased a vehicle before. I have no idea about how taxes etc come into play. Just thinking about having a safety valve in case a 1st model year vehicle craps out...

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If your state requires it, You would pay taxes on the buy out amount.
And then whatever you can sell it for above and beyond that is yours.

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In Kentucky we pay a personal property tax annually on our vehicles and it adds up. If I lease curious if I still have to pay taxes on value of the whole value or just the agreed upon lease value?

Sponsored

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The residuals on base and Big Bend are really high ( assuming it’s the same at deal time) and you can max a squatched BB at a pretty nice monthly payment. Base even better.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have not, but know others who have. Never leased a vehicle before. I have no idea about how taxes etc come into play. Just thinking about having a safety valve in case a 1st model year vehicle craps out...
Thx. I'll have to look into this more. I thought, but need to check the paper work, taxes are already paid when it's leased. But it also wouldn't surprise me if I'd get double taxed, lol. And I'm could totally be mistaken. (likely)

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's going to be a game time decision. The rates for lease in build and price are kinda trash. If they end up being better than that, probably leasing. If not, will probably buy. New model and I'm notoriously fickle when it comes to cars... But I've been lusting after broncos my whole life.

As long as ford doesn't f*ck this up, you may be able to lease and flip on the other end and not lose your shirt. Buying your own rig at the end may be pricey though. Only time will tell.

ETA: I keep forgetting some people have tax to deal with. that further complicates things a ton, I'm very fortunate to not have to consider that at all

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's going to be a game time decision. The rates for lease in build and price are kinda trash. If they end up being better than that, probably leasing. If not, will probably buy. New model and I'm notoriously fickle when it comes to cars... But I've been lusting after broncos my whole life.

As long as ford doesn't f*ck this up, you may be able to lease and flip on the other end and not lose your shirt. Buying your own rig at the end may be pricey though. Only time will tell.

ETA: I keep forgetting some people have tax to deal with. that further complicates things a ton, I'm very fortunate to not have to consider that at all
Same boat. Game time decision. Wanted to float it up in here to get feedback and experiences...

Sponsored

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The residuals on base and Big Bend are really high ( assuming it’s the same at deal time) and you can max a squatched BB at a pretty nice monthly payment. Base even better.
Was on the fence, but after seeing the lease rate residual on the BB that made my mind up for me.

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Leaning towards lease as I believe that there will be better options on the Bronco in a few years:
colors
Warthog
other options.
Plus I also might have my fill of the Bronco and want something different (I do like to switch things up)
Spec'ing out my build shows a $934 payment vs a $693 lease (without taxes)
And miles shouldn't be a problem, plus might a trade in to help with those taxes (we pay taxes on the difference)
Ford Bronco Purchase or Lease 1614911130448
Ford Bronco Purchase or Lease 1614911155993

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am going to lease just in case Ford has some issues. I am not expecting any but I want a parachute if I need one.
Remember that it's possible to have a lease longer than the factory warranty and it would be on you to fix it before returning it. Like me, I'm in a 42 month lease and had a standard 36 mo / 36k mi warranty.
Was on the fence, but after seeing the lease rate residual on the BB that made my mind up for me.
What was it for a 2 or 3 year roughly?

Deleted member 16780

So still trying to figure out which will be better, Leasing or Purchase. What say you all?
I don't want a potential lemon. or headache.

2020 Explorer: 10 Recalls in 1 year.
2021 Bronco Sport: 2 Recalls in 2 months.

Besides, the next models after 3 or 4 years should have some of the kinks worked out and better things on offer, like light hued vinyl seats (marine vinyl is white or soft gray for a reason).

Lastly, knowing the roll downhill this country is on, internal combustion engines will be made illegal or taxed/fined heavily, or gasoline will... ;):cool: Or Ford (ole Henry) will be canceled.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they offer a zero down or first month payment lease I'd be interested however the lease listed on the B&P requires 10% down payment. I would have a very hard time coughing up $5k for something I'm going to give up in a few years.
Sponsored