First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd never trade a horse for a Ferrari though, nice machines but really quite pointless in the US with all the speed limits. And it probably won't even get you to the trail head that you then can take your horse on into the wild :)
I have to disagree, even with the speed limits, there is little as satisfying as driving my 6 speed F355 Spider with the top down on a gorgeous day!

I might add that I tried to resist buying it, but it was $47,500 in 2012, then I figured financing a used car would stop me - USAA offered me 3.75% financing, then I thought insurance would stop me - but $85/month for full coverage.... I was out of excuses and powerless.
Sponsored

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi all, I'm trying decide if I'll buy or lease my Bronco, leaning towards a lease as it will be the first generation and I may not want to be tied to a vehicle if there are early issues. Wondering what others are thinking. My latest car and the one I just sold I bought but prior to those I was leasing every 3 years. Where are you all leaning on this one? Thanks for reading.
I considered leasing but I don't want to be limited on what modifications I can/can't do nor do I want to deal with taking it all off when returning it. If you don't plan on adding anything more than simple bolt-on accessories that can be easily removed, lease could be the way to go.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll buy unless it comes in $150 a month cheaper then I’ll decide whether to buy after the lease is up

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I didn't see trade for the idea of value (NFT'd of course) as an option. Figured by the time Bronco's are actually widely available concepts like buy or lease will be long gone to history.....

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Depends entirely on the lease incentives/rate. Leasing can end up being cheaper than buying (lease + buyout at end of lease vs buy) even if you plan to keep the vehicle long-term, depending on the lease offer. Great way to minimize your risk with a new vehicle. Though I doubt Ford will be offering any aggressive lease rates. I'll be checking bank leases as well as they sometimes have better offers than the manufacturers. I leased my 2016 Durango R/T through US Bank because they had some compelling offers. Then I bought the vehicle at the end of the lease (big mistake - long story).

Sponsored
OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I found that divorce has made that whole convincing my partner thing an non-issue. Now when I want something, I don't need to ask permission (actually, I didn't need to ask permission before but I would hear about that too). It's not like he is going to divorce you, unless he has less to lose than you do.
True dat! Or does anyone on here who is paying cash want a second wife? 😂 Sadly I can’t buy it on my own, he would divorce me, he nearly did when I refused to give up my foster dog. 😳

14F70FB9-769A-4327-9EB0-7BAC23C07CB7.png

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depends entirely on the lease incentives/rate. Leasing can end up being cheaper than buying (lease + buyout at end of lease vs buy) even if you plan to keep the vehicle long-term, depending on the lease offer. Great way to minimize your risk with a new vehicle. Though I doubt Ford will be offering any aggressive lease rates. I'll be checking bank leases as well as they sometimes have better offers than the manufacturers. I leased my 2016 Durango R/T through US Bank because they had some compelling offers. Then I bought the vehicle at the end of the lease (big mistake - long story).
I agree, doubt Ford will be offering anything, not even a floor mat!

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. What is your fast car?

2. My wife is already on board with me getting a Bronco in addition to getting/keeping my Mustang.

See, I'm what's called a "Trophy Husband".
Lucky you! I got a ‘18 BMW M240i, it’s around 10k cheaper than the M2 and some say it has a better engine (B58). It’s a ton of fun and ridiculously fast. Pretty sure I’m going to chip it too and maybe upgrade the exhaust. Sounds great as it is however, and it has the sweet gurgles and pops!

If I wanted to be a trophy wife I’d have to marry an 80 yr old. 😳

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lucky you! I got a ‘18 BMW M240i, it’s around 10k cheaper than the M2 and some say it has a better engine (B58). It’s a ton of fun and ridiculously fast. Pretty sure I’m going to chip it too and maybe upgrade the exhaust. Sounds great as it is however, and it has the sweet gurgles and pops!

If I wanted to be a trophy wife I’d have to marry an 80 yr old. 😳
That's awesome!

I didn't choose the trophy husband life, the trophy husband life chose me.

View attachment 122616

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's awesome!

I didn't choose the trophy husband life, the trophy husband life chose me.

View attachment 122616
[/QUOTE
I can’t complain but boy would it be nice to have a “yes dear, anything you want, kind of partner. At least for a while so I could amass my dream car collection. 😂

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
True dat! Or does anyone on here who is paying cash want a second wife? 😂 Sadly I can’t buy it on my own, he would divorce me, he nearly did when I refused to give up my foster dog. 😳
Now that you mention it, I am paying cash... LMFAO

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I maintain ownership of vehicles forever, so the concept of leasing isn’t in my DNA. 15-20 years is the norm, and now that I am a pensioner, ownership duration will likely extend until death.

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now that you mention it, I am paying cash... LMFAO
Oh I could just 👊 you right now! Kidding! You must not live in one of the most expensive counties in the US like I do. . How do y’all amass such cash, asking for a friend. 😂

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh I could just 👊 you right now! Kidding! You must not live in one of the most expensive counties in the US like I do. . How do y’all amass such cash, asking for a friend. 😂
You are right, I live in Texas, it's like a whole different country and just got back from Japan. As for amassing cash, I am doing it the old fashioned way, saving it up. I certainly don't make tons of money, I'm in the military.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Poll: Lease vs Purchase Your Bronco? 14F70FB9-769A-4327-9EB0-7BAC23C07CB7
That is exactly why i dont foster it would be shepherd island in no time
Sponsored