First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dumb question about Keyfob, I have a 2023 Badlands with Lux package, sometimes when I go to unlock the door with my Keyfob in my pocket the door won't unlock and I've got to push the unlock button on the Keyfob then when I try to start it I get a message of key not detected so I mess around a little and I get it started. Why if I can unlock the door with the button on the Keyfob it won't start the Bronco. Sorry if this has been explained already. Scratching my Head in San Diego 😒
Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sometimes I have to jiggle my pockets to get contact to open the doors. I think thats a bit normal. Not starting is more serious. Maybe a low fob battery? Try swapping keys to see if it’s the key or the Bronco.

OP
OP
Norm A.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sometimes I have to jiggle my pockets to get contact to open the doors. I think thats a bit normal. Not starting is more serious. Maybe a low fob battery? Try swapping keys to see if it’s the key or the Bronco
it's happened to both fobs and even though it's only 2 and a half months old I was thinking it might be the batteries too. I just got back from a 1200 mile trip to Arizona last week and had no problems with it. Other then the fob the Broncos been great especially the adaptive cruise control 😎

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The key fobs go to sleep when they've been sitting for a bit. However in your pocket you should be moving around enough it would not be an issue.

I think I've read where people have had problems because the antenna was disconnected at the receiver in the Bronco. Don't recall where that's at though.

I'd start with the obvious, try your other key fob to see if it behaves the same. Swap batteries between the two, and go from there.

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dumb question about Keyfob, I have a 2023 Badlands with Lux package, sometimes when I go to unlock the door with my Keyfob in my pocket the door won't unlock and I've got to push the unlock button on the Keyfob then when I try to start it I get a message of key not detected so I mess around a little and I get it started. Why if I can unlock the door with the button on the Keyfob it won't start the Bronco. Sorry if this has been explained already. Scratching my Head in San Diego 😒
we all have the no fob detected problem
i have to hit lock unlock lol also i did replace batteries same issue
dealer doesnt know

L&Ebronco

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We’ve had the issue of the bronco not locking and unlocking w door handle button. Even literally held keyfob right next to it and still wouldn’t. Took into dealership, says can’t replicate despite me showing them. It really sucks. My 18 superduty never has an issue w locking and unlocking on that door handle button.

MrParticular

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davidlauterbach.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7 Bronco, 1989 5.0 25th Anniversary Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had a fob battery die unexpectedly after about ZERO use since I would grab the same one since delivery. Tried to use the second one day and... dead.
Sponsored