First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I called Steve and he pulled in the finance manager ( I am forgetting his name) to explain the different scenarios.

They have been selling vehicles to Mass residents long before the Bronco so they have it down.

As for insurance, they just wanted the VIN # to insure for the ride up, and then I had 20(?) days to call them back with the MA plate #s.
Hello Mr. Swanson (and others) I'm in MA myself and my Bronco is en route to Chapman as we speak (ETA of 4/5-4/11)... just wondering if there is anything I can be doing now beforehand to make it a quick smooth process once it arrives on the lot? I asked Tom and team and they said they'll contact me once it arrives. That is great but there must be something I can or should start now to prepare. For example, should I be working on lining up my financing/loan? (assuming I don't go through Ford?) I started to looking into DCU but got to a point where it said they need to see the purchase and sale agreement to continue which I obviously don't have yet...
Any recommendations would be appreciate, can't wait to fly out and pick it up, getting so close :cool:
Sponsored

swanjonson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 2015 VW Golf SEL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are definitely benefits from buying from Chapman, and some compromises you have to expect.

One being ease of finance. You can line up your finance options with DCU, but you will have to talk with Chapman to see if they will be able to secure what they need from DCU before they let you drive off the lot. The other option is to take their financing, and when you return to MA refinance through DCU.

Once you have your appointment to pick up the Bronco, call your insurance company with the VIN# and get it insured. I had USAA and I let them know I was driving back on temp plates. They were OK with templates as long as I proved it was register and inspected in MA within 20-30 days (I don't recall the exact time frame)

Chapman had my plates mailed up in about 10-12 days.

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang, 2021 Hyundai Kona, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There are definitely benefits from buying from Chapman, and some compromises you have to expect.

One being ease of finance. You can line up your finance options with DCU, but you will have to talk with Chapman to see if they will be able to secure what they need from DCU before they let you drive off the lot. The other option is to take their financing, and when you return to MA refinance through DCU.

Once you have your appointment to pick up the Bronco, call your insurance company with the VIN# and get it insured. I had USAA and I let them know I was driving back on temp plates. They were OK with templates as long as I proved it was register and inspected in MA within 20-30 days (I don't recall the exact time frame)

I live in MA and this is exactly what I did. Financed through the dealer but before I even made my first payment (Which is usually in about a month after purchase) I refinanced through DCU at a much lower rate.

OP
OP
RedolentSurge

RedolentSurge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey all. Turns out I'll have to wait another 5-7 days after we sign for our NH dealer to obtain plates in MA, MA being one of only two states that doesn't honor out of state temporary tags.

He's sitting right there, on the lot, so close...

Abundigas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey all. Turns out I'll have to wait another 5-7 days after we sign for our NH dealer to obtain plates in MA, MA being one of only two states that doesn't honor out of state temporary tags.

He's sitting right there, on the lot, so close...
Did you trade in a vehicle? I bought in NH, and financed and left with my Bronco the same day, I did trade in a vehicle and just swapped the plates to the Bronco. Also a word of advice to anyone from MA doing the same, make sure you get the sales tax credit on your trade, some NH dealers have a tendancy to miss that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RedolentSurge

RedolentSurge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you trade in a vehicle? I bought in NH, and financed and left with my Bronco the same day, I did trade in a vehicle and just swapped the plates to the Bronco. Also a word of advice to anyone from MA doing the same, make sure you get the sales tax credit on your trade, some NH dealers have a tendancy to miss that.
We’re not trading. Sold my old vehicle outright some time back.

roofone2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you have to do anything special to get them?

It’s been 16 days for me and they won’t give me an update or anything.

swanjonson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 2015 VW Golf SEL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have to do anything special to get them?

It’s been 16 days for me and they won’t give me an update or anything.

I think I called the finance department once and they gave me a status. They did not, not have info for me.