Sponsored

Question...ive had my Wildtrak for only 2 months. I am finding it doesnt handle well in heavier rain.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tire selection and pressure are your friend. Can adjust to make a better ride and grip. Just have to experiment.
Don’t be scared of 4 wheel auto either. We got a lot of tire in the front that drags in 2 wheel. In 4 auto you can transfer power to the front as you lay into the pedal and feel no puddles.
Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This concerns me about snow as I live where there is a lot of snow.
Has anybody driven theirs in heavy and prolonged snow?
How does it handle.
I assume you put it on slippery mode in the snow.
Thanks
I have a SAS badlands so I have the goodyears and find they are great in all rain conditions. They have super soft rubber that seems to grip well in wet conditions. I may even purchase a second set due to their great wet performance. I also always throw it in slippery or at least 4A when it's raining.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How does it handle.
Thanks
Drove mine whole winter in Alaska, handles like a beast! Absolutely loved it! I also run Nokian studded Hakkapeliitta LT3's in factory Sasquatch size

Ford Bronco Question...ive had my Wildtrak for only 2 months.  I am finding it doesnt handle well in heavier rain. 20220305_154203

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've run the K02's on my 150 raptor for 10 years, I've lived in both Wisconsin and Colorado and driven through FEET of snow and ICE and deluges of water, I wouldn't buy anything else.
In both snow and water it's all about how well the treads can clear themselves and stay in contact with the road surface, the K02's have performed extremely well in all types of weather..

CaliBronco92

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Base
A wider tire is more likely to hydroplane. Assuming you had a more normal vehicle before this, the 315's on the Bronco likely won't handle rain as well

Sponsored

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm glad the Black Diamond will come with A/Tx tires....I had a set of the previous gen AT2's on my Range Rover and they were outstanding tires.

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ran falken wildpeak at3 for winter on set of 17 aftermarket with 285/75/17’s and they are great in snow, slush, rain. Have two sets for my 3500 ram diesel and a set on my 02 Tacoma trd off-road as well. I sell tires and I tell anyone that these are best I’ve used and last and wear really well.
Could I have some free advice? I may not have my Bronco until winter at this rate. I always drive snows and have a reduction on my insurance for that. I am a Michelin girl for many years and have Ice X's for my Edge and all the vehicles I have owned for some time. I live in Canada and Have this thing for driving in deep snow but also sometimes get caught having to drive on a 4 lane with snow ice etc. What do YOU recommend? My Bronco is a Outer Banks and is coming with the standard tires for such. Thanks.......... Nancy

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How does it handle.
Thanks
Granted this is my 2dr FE, but it ate the snow up this season, this clip was from the worst storm of the season, raods closed and wrecks everywhere......we made is just fine!

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just came back from Moab and drove thru the heaviest rain of my life. "I'm 51" I had zero issue in my Badlands with Sasquatch package. In 2H
others had flashers and where doing 15-20 under speed limit. I never hydro or slipped on stock tires

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I turn of the 4A in a hard rain and it feels very confident. 4Dr BD SAS. I really like the 4A for this exact situation.
To clarify, you meant to say you turn on the 4A in a hard rain, correct? Also, I leave my 4A on in both my Bronco and F150 24/7/365.

OP, as pointed out a gazillions times already, it is most likely your wide MT tires, not the Bronco. May want to consider some AT's if you will be driving in the rain a bunch. And keep the Bronco in 4A as well.

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To clarify, you meant to say you turn on the 4A in a hard rain, correct? Also, I leave my 4A on in both my Bronco and F150 24/7/365.

OP, as pointed out a gazillions times already, it is most likely your wide MT tires, not the Bronco. May want to consider some AT's if you will be driving in the rain a bunch. And keep the Bronco in 4A as well.
Yes turn on the 4A.

clhman

Wildtrak
First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super-Duty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How does it handle.
Thanks
Handles excellent. Picked up 12/30/21. We have snow on the ground here until late April. We saw every variation of winter possible. Not once was I concerned. Link in bio is our build. Very pleased with the tires.

Also, ran in slippery 4A the whole time.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does it handle.
Thanks
Wide tires are bad in rain and snow, despite popular belief. Narrow tires have more weight per total area and cut through better, wider tires will try to ride on top of the snow.

BkCntryCrwlr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe it’s your tires… I’ve got wildpeaks (35psi cold), it rains here everyday, and I’ve driven on ice with no problems.
I've done a lot of tire research on this issue since I will be driving in a lot of on road snow and ice conditions during the winter. Wet traction isn't as big of an issue but still a concern. My choice is the Falken WildPeak's as well. They are highly rated on Tirerack.com. Should be a little quieter at highway speeds than the Territory's and better all around traction as well as have the three peak snowflake rating. No chains required if chains are mandated...except California, still have to put on chains.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Falken&tireModel=WildPeak+A/T3W&partnum=17SR7WPAT3W&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

BTW - still waiting for my WildTrak, build week of 8/8/22...finally! I'll be swapping tires out as soon as it arrives to the WildPeak's.
Sponsored