First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone come up with an improvement or modification for how to remove and install the Bronco door?
It's certainly not bad but this is one place I think Jeep has the Bronco beat because on the Jeep they just lift off and on.
I'm thinking of using a sharpened bolt for the bottom hinge that would stay there all the time and just have one bolt at the top to tighten it all down. I already tried just hand tightening the bolts so I didn't need to use a wrench but when the bolts are loose my doors make a creaking noise.
Any other ideas?
Seems like a creative engineer and the aftermarket would be offering mods by now.
Thank you,
Sponsored

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The door hinges click and pop and don't close well if the bolts are not tightened down all the way. It takes me about 5 minutes to install or remove both doors. With the weight of the doors, they really need to be bolted on tight. Jeep doors are much lighter.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It takes 5 minutes to remove them. Get a helper to do the Other side if 5 minutes is too long for you

OP
OP
Jason Sandsux

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm fine removing and installing them myself but I was just hoping someone had a creative way to make it faster or an aftermarket company developed a mod. The weight of the door isn't the issue, it's that they designed it with one bolt going up and one bolt going down. If both bolts went up I can imagine an easy mod to be more like the Jeeps where they just slide over the pins and the weight of the door holds it down.
thank you,

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do not remove without the use of the Ford door bags

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like others said, it is a 5 minute job. Only thing I do to make it easier is use a cordless ratchet. Other than that, I move slowly and deliberately when removing the doors. Trying to speed up the process is how you end up with nicks, scratches and dropped doors.

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, I just don't see this as being an issue. I can have all four doors off and stowed in their bags, on the storage cart, plus have the rear windows out of the vehicle and the Bestop back in less than 15 minutes. It took me about 20 minutes to put everything back together the one time I did it.

Also, I'm glad someone confirmed the popping from the doors when the bolts weren't fully tight. I thought I was crazy.

JR

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wont help with removal but have you used the alignment pin in the tool bag for reinstalling?

Ford Bronco Quicker door removal and installation? 1681745940899

Sponsored

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why do you have so many?
I don't have that many but I definitely bought some spares just in case I lose the one (really Ford?) that they ship with the Bronco. Keep a spare in the tool bag and a couple in my garage tool box. I'm 100% the kind of guy who will drop that thing somewhere and lose it at least temporarily.

OP
OP
Jason Sandsux

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was just hoping for a mod to bring it more in line with my 77' bronco and other Jeeps that I've had. Those just lift off so it takes literally seconds. It's not that the new Broncos are hard or take long, but if you're use to just lifting up and setting the door down this is not an improvement so it seems like an opportunity for an aftermarket mod. Ford did a good job of improving the Bronco over the Jeep but if you're familiar with the Jeep doors I think it's hard to argue it's not a better system

OP
OP
Jason Sandsux

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't have that many but I definitely bought some spares just in case I lose the one (really Ford?) that they ship with the Bronco. Keep a spare in the tool bag and a couple in my garage tool box. I'm 100% the kind of guy who will drop that thing somewhere and lose it at least temporarily.
Do you have a source without buying from Ford?
thank you,

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you have a source without buying from Ford?
thank you,
There's a guy on here that makes machined versions of these and sells them in a set of four. Definitely worth picking up for like $30 or whatever. You can't leave them in the door hinge, but it's worth it to have extras and to be able to hang all four doors, then install the bolts all at once.

JR
Sponsored