Sponsored

Railroad Strike shutting down deliveries?

Burro5000

Base
First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B4000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine has been at its destination, “placed at industry in Dixiana, SC” since the July 10th and the status hasn’t changed. Im wondering why mine is still stuck on a rail car 🤦🏻‍♀️
Hey mine sat in Dixiana too haha, it was there like 5 days before getting on a truck to Summerville. Took just a couple hours and I picked it up that same night.
Sponsored

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Hey mine sat in Dixiana too haha, it was there like 5 days before getting on a truck to Summerville. Took just a couple hours and I picked it up that same night.
Mine was there for 11 days! So glad that’s a memory now 😂 I have family in Summerville, love it up there!

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still don't understand whey @Ford Motor Company doesn't offer the option to pick up at the factory. I know they might have to hire a few folks, but it can be done and i think the take rate would be higher than they think. BMW offers it in Spartanburg, SC and several brands still offer factory pickup in Europe. I think that it would be a really popular option with all of the shipping logistical nightmares going on now. I'd gladly fly up this weekend and retrieve my Bronco (that's been sitting completed, "awaiting shipment" for over a month)!
It’s illegal for automobiles to be sold directly to the public in most states (including Michigan) due to protectionist laws for the dealer network. Those laws are now starting to be challenged, but even so, it is a declaration of war on the dealer network for an established auto manufacturer to do that. Politics and lawyers ruin everything.

JC73SC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 LC '02 7.3 F250. 2023 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s illegal for automobiles to be sold directly to the public in most states (including Michigan) due to protectionist laws for the dealer network. Those laws are now starting to be challenged, but even so, it is a declaration of war on the dealer network for an established auto manufacturer to do that. Politics and lawyers ruin everything.
I’m not talking about direct to consumer sales. I mean purchase through your dealer and choose delivery in Michigan. Dealer makes their deal as per usual, consumer chooses to pick vehicle up in Michigan. BMW offers this for all X vehicles in the US. You order and purchase at your local
BMW dealership and then choose performance center delivery in Spartanburg, SC for the BMW. Would be nice if Ford offered a version of that.

Sponsored

Nakigara

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well looks like the rail strike is probably going to happen on 9/16 now. Yay....

Onehrdfrst

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The railroad is having trouble delivering anything. I have a client with multiple sites that can’t get coal, corn cars or empties to fill with finished Goods. There is almost zero weekend movement of rail for them.
It’s called PSR, fire 1/3 of your workforce idle 30% of your cars and power, upchage your customers for holding on the cars

CTownPride

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Flex; 2006 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Strike tentatively avoided…
Ford Bronco Railroad Strike shutting down deliveries? D910D5E8-524D-4C86-A81C-FE9EA3ED7A9B
Sponsored