Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was real bad when I got above 65. I have had it off a vehicle for a little bit but just put it back on. I noticed when I was running in safari and I opened the top it was all kinds of loose in the back, so I figured I would open and get it tight and then try, I have to pull it down to close it now, which is also mentioned in the instructions. I really like this top and want to get it figured out. I would assume that I would have the running into the garage door issue at some point if I had the bestop version.

I was going to try and call Rampage, but have had no luck to find a contact number.
I have one
Need it?
Sponsored

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did Moab and back
3000+ miles

loud at 70+
I knew you had, that’s why I said we can make it on ours.

If you have a a Rampage number I will take it.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I knew you had, that’s why I said we can make it on ours.

If you have a a Rampage number I will take it.
+18003282409
The interstate was tiring and I wish I had brought noise cancelling headphones

but I’d turn my hearing aids off and it helped

BUT. WOTH IT FOR OURAY AND MOAB!!

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

+18003282409
The interstate was tiring and I wish I had brought noise cancelling headphones

but I’d turn my hearing aids off and it helped

BUT. WOTH IT FOR OURAY AND MOAB!!
Thanks. I will call and see what they say. Did you you talk to them about this top?

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. I will call and see what they say. Did you you talk to them about this top?
I called when it first came out. Before anyone had it. Matter of fact before THEY new they had it 👀👀👀😂😂😂😂
move had no real issues. Idk. I guess it’s what it is….

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I do agree, it is what it is. I really like all aspects of this top tho. On board window storage, low profile when flipped open and safari style. I really want to get it to work. We flipped back the top for about 30 miles on some back roads and it was great. When we got closer to the coast we had a 16-18 mph head wind and it did not like it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do agree, it is what it is. I really like all aspects of this top tho. On board window storage, low profile when flipped open and safari style. I really want to get it to work. We flipped back the top for about 30 miles on some back roads and it was great. When we got closer to the coast we had a 16-18 mph head wind and it did not like it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
A light bar might help deflect a headwind. :sneaky:

Cracking the windows slightly, like 1/2" has helped me help, but the windows rattle a bit when you hit bumps. I prefer all up or all down.

I used my hand and pushed up for a bit on the sailcloth and it reduced the rippling effect.

The next thing I will try will be putting a neoprene pad between the supports and the sailcloth.

Although, the top is about to come off this next weekend for the hard top. Summer is over! unfortunately.

Sandy BB

Big Bend
First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I ordered the new Rampage soft top for my 2 door badlands on the 14th. Got delivered on the 17th. Packaging was pretty solid. Came in three separate labeled boxes packed into one large box.

Fast forward to yesterday, we installed the top. It took roughly 2.5 hours but that included beer breaks and we were also attempting to film an install video because there wasn’t one out yet. The install video didn’t turn out very good but we’ll see if we can work with the footage. I’ve heard install times as short as 1.5 hours. We left the soft pieces in the Florida summer sun for a couple of hours so they could stretch a little bit. Needless to say, the windows still need to stretch because holy crap what a pain to get those suckers on but we finally did it. I’m going to leave them on for about a week at least before I take them off again so they can form to the top. The windows use zippers, velcro, and friction channels to lock into place and the zippers are strong. Everything on this top seems to be high quality (stitching, sailcloth fabric, zippers, windows, etc). It’s super easy to lift the top back with one hand from the driver seat.

I’ve also partnered up with hammer built and we are doing special pricing for forum members on this top, so PM me if you are interested! We’re doing $799 for the 2dr top and $889 for the 4dr.

https://hpbuilt.shop/products/rampa...-top-4-door-black?_pos=2&_sid=4b1b5ba61&_ss=r

The only issue I’ve run into is the rear window contacts the bolts on the rear speaker pod brackets, but I am working on a solution (pic attached). We might use countersunk bolts. Somebody else said they put foam pieces over the bolts, which could also be a solution.

Pros of this top:
- easy to open and close the top
- fabric seems durable
- large rear window
- dark windows, I’d say darker than the factory hard top (maybe ~10% tint?)
- no flapping or rattling with top open or closed at highway speeds >70mph
- overhead storage pockets
- on board window storage built into the top

Cons:
- Rear window contacts speaker bolts
- wind noise is louder than factory hard top (can’t compare it to factory soft top because I haven’t ridden in one)
- interior gets HOT when left out in sun. It’s 90° here today and it took considerably longer to cool down the interior
- top doesn’t go all the way back like factory soft top or bestop

All in all, when considering install time, ease of use, workmanship/quality, and price point (I got it for around $800) I think the top was well built and worth it. Compared to Bestop, which is $1900 on their website and takes a full day to install. This is around the same price as the Bestop sun rider as well.

I haven’t been able to test the top in rain or on the trails yet but it’s almost rainy season here so I will update the post then.

have the JCR interior cargo basket and I can confirm it fits with the rear window, as long as the rack is pushed as far forward as possible with the rear seats in, pic attached

Updates: just had a gnarly rainstorm. It passes the rain test

Just took it through a brush carwash. No leaks and no damage to the top. Windows are fine, no scratches. But damn it was sketchy with the brushes, blowers, and top pressure washers (and loud af). I wouldn’t recommend it unless you’re in a pinch and I don’t think I’ll be doing it anymore.

I just posted a YouTube video review on this top. Be sure to check it out.

IMG_3019.jpeg

IMG_3020.jpeg

IMG_3024.jpeg

IMG_3025.jpeg

IMG_3026.jpeg

IMG_3027.jpeg

IMG_3028.jpeg

IMG_3022.jpeg

IMG_3023.jpeg

IMG_3021.jpeg

IMG_3030.jpeg

Here is with the windows out:

IMG_3091.jpeg

IMG_3094.jpeg
This might've been answered already but did you go from hard top to soft ? So sick btw! Thanks!

Sponsored

Mrs_Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interested in the discount code! Ready to buy one for my 2 dr. Also, could you tell me about how easy it is to push the top all the way open or do you have to remove the entire top?

OP
OP
Broncobro04

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interested in the discount code! Ready to buy one for my 2 dr. Also, could you tell me about how easy it is to push the top all the way open or do you have to remove the entire top?
Great! To open the top completely, you’d have to take that top piece off. Opening the front portion is easy as can be from the driver seat, don’t even have to unbuckle or get up

fftfk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
A light bar might help deflect a headwind. :sneaky:

Cracking the windows slightly, like 1/2" has helped me help, but the windows rattle a bit when you hit bumps. I prefer all up or all down.

I used my hand and pushed up for a bit on the sailcloth and it reduced the rippling effect.

The next thing I will try will be putting a neoprene pad between the supports and the sailcloth.

Although, the top is about to come off this next weekend for the hard top. Summer is over! unfortunately.
When going back to the hardtop do you have to undo everything? Switch out the two pieces behind the doors? I went to change back this weekend and could find the original pieces I took off.

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When going back to the hardtop do you have to undo everything? Switch out the two pieces behind the doors? I went to change back this weekend and could find the original pieces I took off.
Being careful as it was the first time with winterizing, this process took me about 2 hours.

I undid the sides and rear window panels first. Then I undid the bolts and then had my son help lift the whole top off and placed on a tarp. Then I removed the remaining hardware, some of which was reused by the hard top. Then I installed the clamshell. Then I mounted the two plates and put on the hard top and test drove. (Use the old directions or re download them from the website to see what stays and what goes)

Important note: The two plates that had to come off only have one way of working. They show front with an arrow forward, but there are two ways for them to be placed on. Be careful so as to not force the top clips on the hard top or you could break them.
Sponsored